PDA

View Full Version : Help With Excalibur?

KuroiTsuki
02-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Okay, so I've been reading around the net, hearing about all these people who got the Excalibur after about 20 tries but I've tried at least 45 times and have yet to get anything other than that ring and gil.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get it? Is there a certain point in the story you have to pass before you can get it? (I just passed the first Great Crystal storyline part)

Renmiri
02-21-2007, 02:06 AM
Diamond Armlet equipped ?

Try chaining those coeurls, it improves odds of loot, maybe it helps.

chrisguapo69
02-21-2007, 03:24 AM
I didn't have the diamond armlet when I got mine. And I got it on my first try when I was mapping out the great crystal.

ValiantKnight
02-21-2007, 02:45 PM
the chest is supposed to be a 50% chance without the diamond armlet and a 100% chance with it... per a game mechanics guide...

Or perhaps it was 100/100 and zodiac E shield was 50/100

Perhaps you are at the wrong chest?
If I remember right that was a double chest, meaning you open one chest and there is a "chance" of the excalibur chest being inside/on top of that chest, so you open two of them in that room.. The first is gil/nothing.. the second is excalibur.

Once the chest spawns, there should be little trouble getting the excalibur... its getting that second chest to spawn inside/on top of the first, i think it has a 20% chance to spawn the chest.

McLovin'
02-21-2007, 04:14 PM
You need to defeat the monsters guarding it. Once they are defeated equip the diamond armlet and you will most likely get it.