PDA

View Full Version : Hellsing Ultimate

NeoCracker
02-21-2007, 09:59 AM
The Hellsing Remake came out recently, and I must say it is amazing. For fans of the first series this is definitely an improvement. Alexander is even scarier than before, and it's going into more details. For fans of the MAnga you'll be glad to know its sticking to the Manga's plot, at least thats what I've heard. Never really read it myself.

They play each volume out like a movie, so there is no credits in the middle of the dvd, so you can sit down and enjoy it beginning to end without breaks.

GF_Diablos
02-21-2007, 11:51 AM
I have not heard about this release, is it just a remastering of the old anime or have they remade it to follow the manga more closely?

JKTrix
02-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Follows the manga more closely, each release is like a movie in itself. Extra long, no 'episode breaks' in between.

This is a straight-to-DVD release (OAV). Here's the official site, with trailers and stuff (click 'Tomb')

http://hellsingultimate.com/

GF_Diablos
02-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Thanks JK, I really like Hellsing but didn't expect them to ever bring it back up.

Roto13
02-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Recently? Didn't the first one come out, like, a year ago? :P

I've seen the first two. As far as I know, that's all there are so far. I've read the manga and seen the original series and both have their strong points. I'm enjoying the OAV quite a bit. They seem to be keeping the comedy from the manga this time. :P

Nominus Experse
02-21-2007, 02:44 PM
I wasn't aware of this...

I am getting this in four hours if my DL speed holds true immediately

Mo-Nercy
02-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Nice. I didn't really like the Hellsing anime as much as the manga so I'll probably check this out sooner or later.

Tasura
02-25-2007, 04:05 AM
The first ep of Ultimate came out February of last year, and the second in August, they release an ep every 6 months, so the third should be out now. And it's basically the manga, but animated.

Shoeberto
02-25-2007, 05:13 AM
Neat.