PDA

View Full Version : Another boss of the game thread (DS)

Vars
02-21-2007, 01:59 PM
This was my second time making my way through to it. A job lvl 99 dark knight (physical level 58), job lvl 99 bard (physical level 58), job lvl 55 knight (physical level 58), job lvl 40 sage (physical level 58).

Everything I find is really easy up until the second fight with the boss. I sat back, used that Requim harp song to knock 9999 hp off all of the boss sections, used the souleater from the dark knight for 5300 dmg to all of the sections, and cured with the sage and attacked a tentacle with the knight. I was doing great until it cast that 'reactor' or whatever spell for about 2000 dmg to my dark knight and regular knight and 1400 to my back row sage and bard, that coupled with the physical following killed all but my bard and I was screwed.

Should I get a party of 2 job lvl 99 bards for a faster take down and will the 'reactor' spell do less dmg to back row members? As I think my knight has one of the best magic res but got hit for tons in the front row with it.

If my DS was a controller it would have been sailing across the room ;)

Fusionedd
02-21-2007, 10:24 PM
You could just go for a Ninja, Knight, Dragoon, and a Devout.

Devout is needed for healing. Ninja is for faster take down. Dragoon adn Knight is just there for attacking. You can switch them with soemthing else, like a bard.

Vars
02-21-2007, 11:38 PM
I had tried the ninja before, I did not find him to be that great. How is his Magic def compared to other classes? My dark knight does 9999 dmg per attack unless I do the soul eater for less to all enemies.

This is the only game I have played where it is required to level grind for hours and hours before facing the final boss.... damnit. Should everyone be in the back row for the final boss?

Elpizo
02-22-2007, 08:03 AM
I had tried the ninja before, I did not find him to be that great. How is his Magic def compared to other classes? My dark knight does 9999 dmg per attack unless I do the soul eater for less to all enemies.

This is the only game I have played where it is required to level grind for hours and hours before facing the final boss.... damnit. Should everyone be in the back row for the final boss?
No, that's not needed. I had a Knight with Ultima Weapon+Excalibur and a Dark Knight with Ragnarok+Masamune. Then I had a Sage filled with Black Magic, but also Curaga, Haste, Curaja and Arise and a Devout. All lv 61. Haste your fighters, then use Curaga or Curaja every turn. Be sure to equip ribbons on everyone, even if it lowers their defence. It nullifies BAd Breath, so that's a wasted turn for the boss. Just hammer away with hasted fighters at the boss, ignoring the tentacles and heal every turn.

She went down in 4 turns with me, and nobody died.

If you don't have Ultima Weapon, that stone-ish blade you find in the Acient Mage is pretty good too.

It's your choice, though.

Vars
02-22-2007, 08:10 AM
Ahh, thanks.

My new party is Knight, Knight, Bard, Devout. I am currently looking at doing the side quests to unlock the Ultima Weapon and the "Save the Queen" sword.

Apparently the 'Iron Giant' boss side quest is harder then the Cloud of Darkness, crap.

Fusionedd
02-22-2007, 09:34 PM

I suggested Ninja because you didn't state that your characters could do 9999 damage on CoD