PDA

View Full Version : Sonic & The Secret Rings

JKTrix
02-21-2007, 02:52 PM
There are several reviews out now, but check this one out.

http://www.gamebrink.com/nintendo-wii/2591-Sonic_and_the_Secret_Rings-reviews.html?attack=1&armies=7

It has a couple of videos embedded into it, the first one shows off a couple of the abilities Sonic can learn as he 'levels up' (Sonic RPG?), including one which slows down time so he can run through the blades of a fan.

I didn't know about the 'RPG elements', with the levelling up and stuff before then. I'm not planning to buy it anytime soon, and no stores here rent Wii games yet. I do know a friend of mine has been waiting for this, so I'll wait for him to get it. I've never been a Sonic fan, but I do want to play it. It seems quite interesting (and not a humanXhedgehog scene in sight)

Most of the comments I've seen for the game is that it is miles more fun than all of the 'Sonic Adventure' ripoffs of recent years.

DK
02-21-2007, 03:07 PM
This game is the sole reason I went from not giving a shiet about the Wii to wanting a Wii. :D

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Have you seen the IGN review of Sonic & the Secret Rings?...Their words contradict their score they said "It's the best 3D Sonic game ever made!" but they gave it a 6.9 'passable' I don't trust IGN anymore...Because if they say it's the best 3D Sonic game they should give it a 7.2 or a 7.5 not a 6.9!

Roto13
02-21-2007, 03:33 PM
81, huh? This pleases Roto. It's about time they made a decent new 3D Sonic game. It's been, like, 6 years.

Is that white hedgehog dude in it? I haven't played any of the games he's in.

CimminyCricket
02-21-2007, 04:20 PM
you mean the Silver hedgehog whose name is Silver? :cP
I don't think so.

XxSephirothxX
02-21-2007, 04:31 PM
The IGN reviews pointed out some pretty serious flaws in the game that should come as no surprise to anyone who has played a 3D Sonic game: the camera blows and control can be a bit wonky. It sounds like the experience is great when it works, but simply doesn't quite work enough of the time to be a solid game. That's just judging from their review, though. Maybe they just overstated the problem.

Roto13
02-21-2007, 06:11 PM
you mean the Silver hedgehog whose name is Silver? :cP
I don't think so.
Whatever. xD

Dreddz
02-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Looks alright, Im not much for Sonic on rails though. Actually, I hate the idea.

NeoCracker
02-21-2007, 06:44 PM
Looks alright, Im not much for Sonic on rails though. Actually, I hate the idea.

I was hoping for a more anti-nintedo post, but regardless I'll use this line.

Bringing your Wii hate on poor little sonic, this time You've gone to far Dreddz. You will be recieving the hate mail filled with white power from an annonymous source soon my friend.

I'll probably give it a go whenever I can get a hold of a Wii.

Roto13
02-21-2007, 06:46 PM

Bringing your Wii hate on poor little sonic, this time You've gone to far Dreddz. You will be recieving the hate mail filled with white power from an annonymous source soon my friend.

Even I think the fact it's on the Wii didn't influence his opinion that much. :P

NeoCracker
02-21-2007, 06:48 PM

Even I think the fact it's on the Wii didn't influence his opinion that much. :P

I know, but when I saw his name on this thread, I'd already thought up the response and didn't want it to go to waste.

Dreddz
02-21-2007, 06:54 PM
Im sick and tired of this. Roto13, this is all your fault.

Roto13
02-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Hey, I stood up for you. *flick*

Dreddz
02-21-2007, 09:31 PM

Your the reason everybody thinks I trail behind Sonys footsteps like a poodle.

Roto13
02-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Me saying it wouldn't be enough to make everyone believe it. I don't have that much influence on people.

NeoCracker
02-21-2007, 09:44 PM

Actually it has nothing to do with that. You do a good job making it look like that on your own.

Dreddz
02-21-2007, 09:58 PM

Actually it has nothing to do with that. You do a good job making it look like that on your own.

How so ? Whats funny is that I hardly ever mention Sony in any of my posts. Or at least not sticking up for them. If I speak a bad word about Nintendo, people assume im only doing it to back up Sony. How do you people come to this conclusion ? Oh, because Im buying a PS3, Ive probably bad-mouthed the PS3 just as much as the Wii, and I hate Sony as a company.

People only came to the assumption that Im in love with Sony because Roto said so.

oddler
02-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi. I like Sonic.

Erdrick Holmes
02-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Alright you kids knock it off or I'll turn this car around and we'll go straight home.

Anyway, I heard that this game is actually pretty fun.

eestlinc
02-22-2007, 05:07 PM
don't you people have anything better to do? stop.

discuss the game and spare us the platform wars.

Maxico
02-23-2007, 01:17 PM
I was looking at this game, and the Arabian Nights theme seems pretty cool.
With Kunckles as the role of Sinbad, Robotnik as King Shahryar of Persia and

Miles "Tails" Prower: Confirmed to be playing the role of Ali Baba, seen after the Dinosaur Jungle stage.

Oh man, that Dinosaur Jungle part of arabian nights was awesome.

CimminyCricket
02-23-2007, 03:22 PM
I love Sonic so much! xcD I've got his stuffed animal (well two) and then Tails! :cD I wish I could find a knuckles one -_-

Anyway, if this game turns out to be any good, I'll go out and buy a Wii immediately.

aquatius
02-24-2007, 02:40 PM
I love Sonic so much! xcD I've got his stuffed animal (well two) and then Tails! :cD I wish I could find a knuckles one -_-

Anyway, if this game turns out to be any good, I'll go out and buy a Wii immediately.
http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-X-Knuckles-8-Plush/dp/B000A80STA