PDA

View Full Version : MMORPG :( GW FFXI WoW

Rogue
02-21-2007, 05:42 PM
hello everone please take the time to read :( and comment back

ok first i have a major problem,i dont know what i should do i need to stick with one mmoout of these and i dont know which one i love final fantasy and i love world of warcraft and i love guildwars thing is O.O addiciting i need to just play one so i can have time for other games like FFXII and FFIII and the new FFVIA i dont have time and i love mmos but i want to continue playing other games to....i play all and i still have the problem with not sticking with anything >.< i get like lvl 10 and start over with everthing i try......but instead of doing that crap im going to actully stick with the next thing i do..but b4 i do that i need to decide what mmo i want to play i love them all :(( but im wasting my money starting new games all the time please help

thanks for reading

GF_Diablos
02-21-2007, 05:50 PM
I have played all 3 although I'm not as qualified to comment on WoW as the others because I only tested it. If you are going to stick with any I say GW.
The reason is simple. It's FREE. It doesn't matter if you don't play for 3 months because you are not loosing money, PPM games like FF and WoW are great, I really enjoyed my time in the FFXI world but realistically I cannot afford to pay money for a game every month when I am not playing it every month.
GW is not without it's flaws though as it looses the 'edge' of community many other MMOs have. You have to weigh up the pros and cons and look at your in game friends, see who are gonna keep the games interesting for you.

JKTrix
02-21-2007, 06:07 PM
I agree. If you could only stick with one, stick with the free one.

Ideally, kill 'em all, then you'll have lots of time.

Tavrobel
02-21-2007, 08:05 PM
I would play the one-players games first.

The MMOs require too much time to invest, let alone focusing on other games.

fantasyjunkie
02-21-2007, 08:31 PM
I agree with the above 2 posts

Mikztsu
02-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Lord of the Rings Online will be released in two months...wait for that, it will rock. ;)

Markus. D
02-21-2007, 11:39 PM
offline ones.

first.

you could just wait for the maple private servers that are starting to pop up with the dawning of MSEmu.

Rostum
02-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Although I enjoy playing FFXI, as I'm fairly far into the game. But if I were to start from scratch I would not like it much at all. Playing for 3 years.

WoW is cool, it's nice and fun. Though if you want those Tier 4+5 armor then you need to sell your soul. That and there's so much immaturity in there it's not funny.I only played this for around 5 months total.

Guild Wars, I found was boring.

I'm currently looking around, LotR Online looks very cool IMO. Vanguard does in terms of environmental graphics and somewhat art direction, but the gameplay looks really boring and lame, as do the character models.

There's heaps around though, just go to www.mmorpg.com and check them out. Though, there will be better ones coming out too. Warhammer Online looks like a decnt one, but it's solely based on war, and war alone.

Edit: Apart from LotRO, Age of Conan looks really interesting. They've gone for a more realistic aproach in terms of art direction, and it's pretty much set in the times that the movies are (which are awesome movies, imo).

Mirage
02-22-2007, 03:04 AM
FFXI is nice, but it requires a bit of patience. Sometimes, it can feel a bit too much like a chore instead of fun, but there are usually rewards. Besides, FFXI actually has a storyline worth mentioning, even though you need to level for a while before you can get from one major plot event to the next.