PDA

View Full Version : Virtua Fighter 5

Dreddz
02-21-2007, 11:30 PM
So this game should be coming out in the next couple of days state side. Im sure none of you will get the game seeing as no one on here owns a PS3 :P. So lets just talk about how awesome this game will be once we get our mitts on it.

It wont be released in the UK until March, and I probably wont be getting a PS3 till April, but without a doubt, this will be the first game I buy with the system. Ive hyped this game for months now, and with the reviews coming in all positive, it has only excited me further.

We much appreciate fighters like this which still keep the fighting game genre alive, do your part to help gaming and BUY THIS GAME!

Roto13
02-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Virtua Fighter is basically the god of fighting games. No other fighter comes close.

That said, I don't always want to put in the necessary effort to get good at it. :P I haven't done that since VF3.

Erdrick Holmes
02-21-2007, 11:48 PM
Virtua Fighter is basically the god of 3D fighting games. No other fighter comes close.

Fixxxed. I'm gonna wait for the XBox 360 version, but yeah, the PS3 finally has an epic game, what better game than one from the franchise for the best 3D fighting games ever made, anybody who disagrees that VF is the best 3D fighting franchise ever made can safely be called an idiot, wrong, and possibly a liar.

Dreddz
02-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Fixxxed. I'm gonna wait for the XBox 360 version, but yeah, the PS3 finally has an epic game, what better game than one from the franchise for the best 3D fighting games ever made, anybody who disagrees that VF is the best 3D fighting franchise ever made can safely be called an idiot, wrong, and possibly a liar.

Your pushing it there. Virtua Fighter is one of the best gaming series still around today, and certainly one of the best fighting series, but on a personal front, I'd pick Tekken and Rival Schools over any of the Virtua Fighter games. But for that, I dont want to be called an idiot, wrong and especially a liar.

Ryth
02-21-2007, 11:59 PM
I'll definitely look into picking this one up when the 360 port comes around.

NeoCracker
02-22-2007, 12:30 AM
I may get it on PS3 if I ever get one. I'm much more excited for future Tekkan and Soul Caliber intalments on the ps3 though.

JKTrix
02-22-2007, 01:12 PM
I'm holding myself off of buying a PS3 to get this. I played this a heck of a lot in the arcades when I was in Japan, and I played the PS3 version at the Tokyo Game Show.

I hope they announce if the 360 version will have any additional features--like better VF.TV and VF.Net options linked to the internet--by the time I go to the states in April.

In the arcades, the VF.TV thing is incredible. You have the arcade machines, and a standalone TV which broadcasts all kinds of things. There are the usual leaderboards, be it 'this arcade', regional, national or whatever. Simple match replays are spiced up with commentary, slow-motion, rewinds, and american football style screen markings showing different things (it was Japanese, not really sure what they were pointing out). Then there are specific character tutorials: one I caught was for Kage (coincidentally, 'my' character) which detailed his entirely new stance that I hadn't even seen (though I had played the game quite a bit before then).

The VF.Net service is linked with the VF.TV, with the match replays and whatnot, and focuses more on your character customization. You get an Access Card (I still have mine in my wallet) for one character that tracks your progress in the arcade, which unlocks money for you to spend. You then take the card to a VF Terminal, where you customize your character. Of course there's the simple 'change your name/costume' customization, but then you can also change your 'entrance' sequence with different elaborate movements from your character and different flashy backgrounds. Occasionally, VF.TV features a particular player, and their special intro will play, featuring their fully customized costume, name, hometown and 'catchprase'. It's great.

It appears that these features are relatively gimped in the console version, with the 'VF.TV' feature just limited to your own replays on your own machine that you can save. You also can't seem to take your customized character to another machine, should you have another friend with a PS3 and the game. The VF.net things seems to be gone entirely. Hopefully the 360 version will feature at least a method of easily watching other peoples' replays.

If I don't hear anything more on the 360 version by April, I'll likely be coming back to Bermuda with a PS3. I almost preordered Sega's 'Virtua Stick High Grade', good thing I didn't since they were recalled :P Seeing how both that and Hori's sticks are USB based, I wonder if they'll work on the 360.

Slothy
02-22-2007, 07:39 PM
I picked the game up today, though I haven't had the time to play more than a few matches in the quest mode. Knowing the VF series, it'll likely be a few days at least before I've played enough to really comment on it, but thus far, it more than lives up to the Virtua Fighter name.