PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings (official thread)

jammi567
02-22-2007, 12:07 AM
Discuss anything to do with the books or movies.

Tavrobel
02-22-2007, 12:13 AM
LOL Melkor > All

Is that enough spam for you?

Medi
02-22-2007, 12:19 AM
The movies were okay, except the fact that about an hour of each movie is a sweeping landscape shot lol

jammi567
02-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Yeah. you know what, i think the movies were a subliminal message to make us go and visit New Zeland

Martyr
02-22-2007, 01:30 AM
The books had pages and pages of landscape description. It equals out.

LotR was the first fantasy story I ever read.
Uh, not the last. I liked it a lot.

kikimm
02-22-2007, 01:34 AM
Yeah. you know what, i think the movies were a subliminal message to make us go and visit New Zeland

Yeah. Really. After my dad saw it he was seriously interested in moving us there for like 6 months and was looking up stuff and whoa. It was quite scary!

I love the movies, don't really like the books. I did read them when I was really young, but still. It was so hard for me to get through them cause I thought they were so boring. But I was set on finishing them before I saw the films.

Also, great soundtrack :monster:

jammi567
02-22-2007, 01:42 AM
Totally. And the movies are good in their own ways, if you totally ignore the books (if you read them that is)

oddler
02-22-2007, 01:47 AM
I read The Hobbit once a year when I was in school starting in sixth grade. Mmm... The Hobbit.

As for Lord of the Rings, I never got into the books for some reason. The movies were decent.

Miriel
02-22-2007, 02:05 AM
I adore the books. Especially the appendices.

I loved the movies but there were just some really really stupid things that were included (nuclear Galadriel, wtf? Weaksauce Frodo, wtf?). Yeah, I have some serious gripes with the movie, not only as a fan of the books but as a fan of cinema in general (you do NOT need such loooong sequences of orcs being born! Tighter editing please!). Still, I'm a rabid fan of the films, flaws and all.

I can see why people would have a hard time getting into the books, but seriously, the books are so gosh darn poetic. I think it's rare and wonderful to find such stirring and beautiful narrative.

Del Murder
02-22-2007, 02:11 AM
In this <b>official</b> thread I would like to say that I <b>officially</b> like Lord of the Rings.

The books kind of went on sometimes but they were still great. The movies are probably the best adaptation of a novel I've ever seen after Jurassic Park.

jammi567
02-22-2007, 07:23 PM
They certainly had enough time and man power to make it so.