PDA

View Full Version : Tell me all your dirty secrets...

Desert Merchant
02-22-2007, 01:57 AM
About Leveling/Gil Farming/Getting LP

I have been searching all over the internet for the best places to lvl up and I have been turning up with nothing.

So I have high hopes that everyone will post the best secrets of gaining levels / cash / LP quick.

Me personally I am at the Phon Coast and terribly under leveled. My primary characters are at level 35 and my backup ones are all in their early teens.

anybody know some good secrets for me?

Amundusias
02-22-2007, 03:40 AM
Well, getting money is kind of a no-brainer, sell loot, and gear you dont need. Also a good idea to give the person you steal with thief cuffs so s/he can get better items.

For leveling up, a good idea is to chain the wolves at Phon coast. You may want to go to the Tchita Uplands and try to steal an Embroidered Tippet, wich doubles EXP.

As for LP, the Yensa in the sandsea are the way to go, chain them. They are quite weak but numerous. Golden Amulet will help.

Hope that helped.

McLovin'
02-22-2007, 03:52 PM
Screw your reserves. They are only there in case your party gets wiped out. They don't need to gain any levels and waste your time at this point. Level them up later in the game.

After the Phon Coast you will reach Tchita Uplands. To the east of Tchita is a new and optional area called "Cerobi Steppe." That is a good place to train for a really long time until you get to like the true final dungeon and stuff.

Level 35 is an okay level to go into Archades with. I mean I beat em with level 35 so you should be able too. Try for level 38 though.

ValiantKnight
02-22-2007, 04:37 PM
LP - kill one hittable things very quickly in a crowded area for 1LP each..
Equip Golden Amulets for better results. It is generally not worth trying to kill a harder 2LP enemy. Kill the easiest enemy you can find in large crowds/with good respawns.

Gil - Go back a few areas to somewhere you've been previously and isn't too hard for you to kill in... kill the local monsters and see what they drop commonly, and see what it sells for... you will notice some places have excellent common dropping items that sell for a lot.
Such places include the Couerl pelts from panthers in the jungle outside Eruyt, the pelts or hides I think from couerls and snakes in the uplands/steppe, pelts/hides from Tartius(sp?... the wolves) in the feywood, and of course bone fragments from lhusu mines skeletons.. which are the weakest and easiest of these to farm.

Exp - I believe you encounter a merchant soon in your quest selling embroidered tippets for double exp. Other than that, i'd suggest finding a place where you can kill things rather easily and just staying there a while.

rubah
02-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Try the stilshrine of miriam. Chaining dead lords = win

I've never had troubles keeping all my characters levelled up x.x; I just switch them out when someone levels up and continue on, sometimes in the middle of a battle, if I can get them untargetedxD

It just takes some time!

Desert Merchant
02-27-2007, 02:13 AM
yeah I just realized right after I made this post that my characters had no armor and thats why I was getting my ass kicked... once I fixed that little problem I have been having a leveling hay day and now things are looking up for me

Renmiri
02-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Favorite places for Gil

1) Lhusu Mines (skeletons)

2) Nam Yensa Sandsea - Simoons Bluff (Bagoly, Axelbeak)

3) Ozmone Plains (Sleipnir, Behemoth)

4) Paramina Rift (skeletons, Twintania, Slaven)

5) Stillshrine of Mirian (skeletons, bats drop teeth at $$$$)

6) Mosphoran Highwaste (Wolf's blood)

7) Feywood (Mirror Knight)

8) Giruvegan (Behemoth, Vivian)

For leveling up without gil there are better places but I cba to level up on the cheap

PS: Try Final Fantasy Wiki (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ivalice)for tips or my wiki (http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/index.php/FFXII)

rubah
02-27-2007, 10:58 PM
yeah I just realized right after I made this post that my characters had no armor and thats why I was getting my ass kicked... once I fixed that little problem I have been having a leveling hay day and now things are looking up for me

Frankly, that's hilarious.

And reminds me of forgetting to equip things in ff1 :(

Pathfinder
03-01-2007, 03:30 PM
dirty secrets???fine..but dont tell anyone....im the one who actually killed the emperor:erm: phew...am i glad i got THAT off my chest...