PDA

View Full Version : Metallica or Megadeth?

JaytodaP
02-22-2007, 03:32 AM
I am a fan of both Metallica and Megadeth.(im just getting into megadeth so i have their greatest hits which it hink is awesome) But when you search for their videos on youtube and look at the comments, megadeth fans and metallica fans HATE each other. It seems as though people literally look up metallica and just comment about how much they suck and vice versa.

I vote Metallica. I just think they are better in every aspect. they just need to not make music anymore. St. Anger was the worst album like, ever. I think Megadeth is still really good, but they suffer in lyrics and vocals a lot. Dave Mustaine is really bad at singing. But Megadeth plays a lot faster which i like and they have better solos.

But Mustaine is a really big asshole. He's the only one thats still complaining about getting kicked out of Metallica. Get over it and quit bashing metallica in the press. hes the only one that still does it.

Ryth
02-22-2007, 03:53 AM
I have one album by both bands, Master Of Puppets by Metallica and Countdown To Extinction by Megadeth. Neither of them blew me out of the water, they both felt kind of meh. I prefer other metal bands. Regardless of that, I preferred Megadeth. I like the guitars more, Metallica isn't exactly very inventive in that department in my opinion. I just enjoyed Megadeth more. There are other, better thrash metal bands out there though. :monster:

Crushed Hope
02-22-2007, 04:32 AM
Both bands are overrated, both bands are not worth your time (well Megadeth has one album that is), but Megadeth wins due to Rust In Piece.

blim
02-22-2007, 06:07 AM
My vote goes to Metallica (I'm ignoring everything after the black album though) And Justice For All and Ride The Lightning are classic metal albums. I've seen both bands, i saw Metallica in '93 and Megadeth in '93 and '06 and Megadeth were pretty ropey both times. Having said that i agree with Ryth, there are much better thrash bands than both.

oddler
02-22-2007, 06:12 AM
From sheer nostalgia of listening to Master of Puppets and And Justice for All, I choose Metallica.

Araciel
02-22-2007, 06:17 AM
mettlicka
only cause i haven't been exposed to megadeth much

LunaNaelyan
02-22-2007, 03:34 PM
I vote Megadeth. Yeah, Mustaine definitely can't sing (try listening to "Promises" and get ready to cringe...) but he's a god when it comes to the guitar. His whining about getting kicked out of Metallica does make me want to smash his guitar over his head though...

Resha
02-22-2007, 03:52 PM
QWEL i say meyalllica coz MEGATDETH i ahve never heard of them =}

crazybayman
02-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Metallica, without a shadow of a doubt.

Megadeth are good, and I listen to them too. However, they lack so much when compared to Metallica. The biggest part probably being in the vocals.

Spatvark
02-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Personally, I prefer Megadeth myself, though I do like both bands. And I'm a bit weird in that I actually quite liked St. Anger, though it did take some time to grow on me. And I really like Mustaine's singing in Promises XD

My personal picks are She-Wolf, The Creed and Use the Man by Megadeth, and Orion, The Memory Remains and The Unnamed Feeling by Metallica.

I Don't Need A Name
02-22-2007, 04:25 PM
both, but i will say metallica because i have heard more of their songs

Venom
02-22-2007, 11:36 PM
I like Megadeth MUCH better.

krissy
02-22-2007, 11:43 PM
apocalyptica

Agrias
02-22-2007, 11:49 PM
metallica! woot!

Rocket Edge
02-22-2007, 11:56 PM
Metallica. Only because i like a couple of Metallica's song's and have never heard any of Megadeath's.

fire_of_avalon
02-23-2007, 12:01 AM
I like 'em both. WHAT THEN.

Ramza Beoulve
02-23-2007, 12:33 AM
MEGADETH!!!!!!!!!

Bloodline666
02-27-2007, 03:44 AM
I only like Metallica's first four albums. In fact, Metallica has officially been known as "Lica" since the Black Album, since that's when they sold out and betrayed the metal genre. Which means "Enter Sandman" is a Lica song, not a Metallica song. Dave Mustaine would never have approved of that musical direction had he not been kicked out of the band.

As for my vote, I'll sum it up in twelve words:

Hello me, meet the REAL me, and my misfit's way of life!

Metallica. Only because i like a couple of Metallica's song's and have never heard any of Megadeath's.

Well, if you've heard Metallica's "The Four Horsemen", then by default, you've heard a Megadeth song; it's the exact same song as Megadeth's "The Mechanix" from Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good. Except Megadeth's version of the song has the original lyrics.

Forsaken Lover
02-27-2007, 04:26 AM
With Dave, you expect the growling, non-singing vocals. With James, you expect quality.

...then you hear Metallica live and your ears bleed.

Anyway, everyone in Metallica is a douchebag, Lars being the main douche and James being the second main douche.

All in all, Slayer beats them both.
Dave Lombardo is a King and Raining Blood is thrash metal's answer to Iron Man.

Polaris
02-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Well I just know one song from Megadeth "Holy Wars" and I know a lot other more from Metallica but I still prefer to listen the one I know from Megadeth! :laughing:

Bloodline666
02-28-2007, 06:41 AM
All in all, Slayer beats them both.
Dave Lombardo is a King and Raining Blood is thrash metal's answer to Iron Man.

Though I prefer The Dave Mustaine Band (which is what Megadeth has essentially become, since Mustaine is Megadeth's only original member left) over 'tallica, I agree with you on that statement. It's all about Kerry F. King (I think you know what the F stands for); in fact, I think Kerry King is the REAL king of rock 'n roll.