PDA

View Full Version : SquareEnix/Final Fantasy Fighting game?-My Ideas

OmegaPenance
02-22-2007, 04:53 AM
So I was thinking on how cool it would be to Have a Final Fantasy fighting game like Super smash bros Melee. Im also a big Fighting game fan and SSBM is the best. this game is just plain Fun! 4 Player Combat and free movement make it a stunning and complex game. Final Fantasy would be perfect for this type of gameplay. First off there should be online play. There should be a huge cast of Characters from FF:4,5,6,7,8,9,X,X-2,12,13,Tactics,Dirge of Cerberus and Kingdom Hearts. I Liked the way SSB had Various Stage Types like Still Stages, Moving Stages, Bottomless Stages, etc. The Stages in this game would be many of the MANY memorial Stages in Final Fantasy and such. Items could be things like healing, Throwing(like GravityBall), Materia(Summons), Accesories(like FeatherBoots which would make your Character Jump Highter For the rest of his/Her life). The Controls would be like SSBM but a little more Advance. the Directionals moved and Jumped your Character. There would be Double jump's and a third for many of the characters with there up-Special button. Say this is for the PS3 There would be 2 attack buttons like (Square) and (Triangle) for light and heavy attacks. Both of these could combo and Charge like SSBM. (Circle) would be Specials each Character would have FourCircle,Circle+Up,Circle+Down,Circle+Left/Right)
The (X)button would Guard or Create a Barrier for Magic Users when held
Over and (X) would Roll Around Like SSBM, there would also be air blocking as well.
(L1) Could be Grab/Throw, (L2) could be Auto Dash that would add a nice speed to the fighting like megaman. One thing that would be nice to see is Supers Attacks! To keep it like Final Fantasy there would be a meter under the Life bar that filled up and once it did you could perform them. (R1) would be used to perfrom Supers. Another thing that would be cool would be a Unique Attack(R2) there would also probley be a meter of this too. Depending on the Game the Character was from the would get a Certain Unique Attack like for Example:

Cloud
Specials:Circle- Braver
Circle+Up- Meteorain(Also a triple jump)
Circle+Down- Finish Touch
Circle+Left/Right- Blade Beam
Super: OmniSlash
Unique: Cherry Blossom(would do somthinh like increase STR,SPD And Jump for a timed period)

Another Example using a mage/summon like Character:

Garnet
Specials:Circle- Hellfire(Ifrits Attack, like the short animations in 9 you would just see the hellfire explosion)
Circle+Up- G-Force 99( Atomas Attack)
Circle+Down- Judgement Bolt(Ramuh's Attack
Circle+Left/Right- Diamond Dust(Shiva's Attack)
Super: Ark( see here she would really summon Ark and he would fight along side her for a timed period)
Unique: Trance(FF9 Character) she would trance for a timed period

those are just 2 thrown together ideas but i have all the characters that i thing should be in the game:

Final Fantasy 6
Locke Celes
Kefka Leo?
Edgar Gao?
Sabin
Terra
Cyan

Final Fantasy 7
Cloud Vincent Reno Shelke
Sephiroth Tifa Rude Cait Sith
Zack Yuffie Weiss Aerith
Kadaj Barret Nero
Loz Red 13 Azul
Yazoo Cid Rosso

Final Fantasy 8
Squall Zell Raijin
Seifer Quistis Fujin
Ultimecia Selphie
Rinoa Irvine
Edea Kiros
Laguna Ward

Final Fantasy 9
Zidane Steiner Lani
Kuja Freya
Garnet Quina
Vivi Eiko
Garland Amarant
Beatrix Black Waltz 3

Final Fantasy X/X-2
Tidus Wakka Gippal
Seymour Kimarhi Lablanc
Yuna Lulu Ormi
Auron Paine Logos
Shuyin Nooj
Rikku Baralai

Final Fantasy 12
Vaan Balthier Vossler
Vayne Fran Ghis
Ashe Dr. Cidolfus Bergan
Penelo Larsa
Gabranth Reddas
Basch Reks

Final Fantasy Tactics
Ramza Beowulf
Delita Dycedarg
Wiegraf Zalbag
Altima Elmdor
Agrias Gafgarion
Orlando Meliadoul

Final Fantasy 13
Lighting(Female Lead)
More as they are released

As for 4 and 5 have the like the main Cecil.Kain,Butz and Exdeath?!

There would also be other modes other then Mult. Battle like a Boss Mode where you would battle in constint(like battle arena in 7) a series of battles with monsters and unlock harder ones like Boss Battle (one) would be a line up of:
Round 1- Chimera
Round 2- Giant crab
Round 3- Iron Gaint
Round 4- Antlion
Round 5- Abaddon
Round 6- Armstrong
Round 7- Behemoth
Round 8- Elder Drake
Round 9- Zombie Dragon
Round 10- Demon Wall

and there would be many of these made up using like all the major Creatures, monster, bosses, summons, and super bosses. like Boss Battle (Ten) would be like:
Round 1- Deathguise
Round 2- J.E.N.O.V.A. Rebirth
Round 3- Ruby Weapon
Round 4- Diamond Weapon
Round 5- Adel
Round 6- Nemesis
Round 7- Ozma
Round 8- Omega Weapon(8)
Round 9- Penence
Round 10- Safer Sephiroth

The Possablities for that would be endless and a fun allturnative at that. I would also like to see Multi-player for that as well!

I think that if SquareEnix made a game like this is would not only rock and make many people happy but SELL!

oh yeah one more thing i had forgot was there could also be mini games like ehrigeiz and SSBM there always fun and would add to the depth of the game. Some Stages that I have Thought of would be:

-Atop the Shinra Building(FF7)
-Falling from the Shirna Building?(like PowerStone)(FF7)
-On the Highwind(FF7)
-In the Middle of Midgar(FF7)
-In the Northern Creator(like near that cool dino skelaton near the end of it or where you fight Jenova)(FF7)
-In the forgotton City(FF7)
-At Balamb Garden(FF8)
-on Ragnorok(FF8)
-On City Streets of Esthar(FF8)
-Atop the Deling Train(FF8)
-In the Lunatic Pandora(FF8)
-Ultimecia's Castle(FF8)
-In Flower Field like in intro of 8(FF8)
-In Alexandria City(FF9)
-Cleyra(FF9)
-In Lindblum(FF9)
-In Lindblum after its distroyed(FF9)
-Iifa Tree(FF9)
-Memoria(FF9)
-Zanarkand(Tidus's Time)(FFX)
-On Boat that you fight sin(FFX)
-Atop Continential Circus(Airship)(FFX)
-Calm Lands(FFX)
-Atop Mt. Gagazet(FFX)
-Near all the Sleeping Faith(where Tidus Falls Asleep and finds out the truth)(FFX)
-Atop Sin(FFX)
-Inside Sin(FFX)
-Streets of Rabanastre(FF12)
-In Dreadnought Leviathan(FF12)
-The Imperial City of Archades(FF12)
-The Feywood(FF12)
-Sky Fortress Bahamut(FF12)

and there could be so many more settings that would be sweet

and for some more details here is a list of items that could be in the game.
instead of beamswords(well they could keep that cause they rock!) and Mushrooms have things like:

Healing Items

Potion-heals 1/16 of HP(Hit Points)
Hi-Potion- heals 1/8 of HP
Mega-Potion-heals 1/4 of HP
X-Potion-heals 1/2 of HP
Ether- restores 1/4 of EP(Energy Points)
Hi-Ether- restores 1/2 of EP
Elixer-restores 1/4 HP and EP
Mega Elixer- restores 1/2 HP and EP
Final Elixer- Fully restores HP and EP

Attack/Throwing Items
Fire Ball- a ball that is thrown, causes explosive radius damage
iceball- a ball that is thrown, freezes enemy
Thunderball- a ball that is thrown, Stuns and damages enemy
Gravityball- a ball that is thrown, tears off 1/16 of HP
- There could be many things for Attack items

Summon materia items
- Played like the poke balls of SSBM they are thrown and then summon
ex. Shiva Materia(would be Baby blue) throw it and shiva appears and attacks
- I wouldnt have to many of these just the mian re-occuring summons like shiva,ifrit,ramuh,leviathan,bahamut,etc.

- on another note there would be 3 ways to summoning
1). Summon Materia items- they would appear then attack and leave
2). Character Specials- there attacks would just happen like Garnets HellFire(Ifrits attack)
3). Character Supers/Uniques- They would Appear and battle with you for timed period

Accesories items
Bracer- for the rest of that Characters life ATTACK is raised
Guantlet- DEF up
Chocobo Feather-SPD up
Feather Boots- Jump up
Reflect ring- Magic is randomly reflected back somewhere on screen
Fire orb- now attacks are on fire (like clouds attacks with his sword and it is fire and causes a little more damage)
Ice orb- Now attacks with Ice and may Freeze
Thunder Orb- now attacks with lighting may stun

-and there of course are many more for this as well

As for the way its set up i could see it like this; there would be a little pic of the character and next to that would be there HP bar and right under that would be the EP bar which Specials would Consume. The reason behind this is it would keep the player from using endless Specials but they wouldnt consume much EP to use, like 1/8 of the bar. The EP bar would Slowly regenerate. and next to the pic would be the Super Meter and Unique Meter. the super meter would start out empty and slowly fill up when you get attacked while the unique meter would start out full and only could be used once per life of that character. and under the EP bar would be there Total lifes. heres a basic Diagram of this:http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...eur91/FFHp.jpg

Lynx
02-22-2007, 04:56 AM
i always hoped they would make a FF game like that itd be a lot of fun.

next best thing though.
you can play enhergize (doubt i spelled it right) where you can fight as cloud.

OmegaPenance
02-22-2007, 04:59 AM
Yeah played Ehrigeiz to death but i would like to see my ideas in the game there was a lot of freedom in ssbm and i liked that and i think its a very important aspect for a great fighting game.

Leeza
02-22-2007, 04:08 PM
OmegaPenance, do not post more than once in a row. If you wish to add to your post, use the edit/delete. There is one in every post.

UltimaMasamune
02-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Personally I don't like SSMB fighting games, I prefer Tekken style games but your ideas sound pretty good

boys from the dwarf
02-24-2007, 08:42 AM
what about marvel VS capcom style? i like all of the styles really but i just dont see it happenning even though it owuld be a cool idea. a lot lot of people have had this idea.

NeoCracker
02-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Master hand would kick all their butts.

Berengia
02-24-2007, 07:22 PM
I would love a game like this. Of course we would need a basic plot, but I am sure some random omnipotent dimensional traveller could fix that.
But I do think that a vs. style would be the best. You chose at the begining to side with good or evil, and as you travel the various worlds more people join you. Since FFVII is the most recognizable to the audience, you start as Cloud or Sephiroth.

Only problem is choosing which moves for which characters, and how to link everything together at the end.

Goldenboko
02-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Personally I don't like SSMB fighting games, I prefer Tekken style games
Agreed.

Master hand would kick all their butts.
QFT

Personally I would probably get angry if they make a game like this because....

They wouldn't use anything from the first generation, thus making it suck.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-24-2007, 08:13 PM
now i really want that to happen!!!
it would kick ass and i would buy it any day!!!but ya...tekken style would win my vote any day too

OmegaPenance
02-24-2007, 09:10 PM
what do you mean theres like nothing you could use from the first gen. there were no named characters in the first game and the characters from 2, 3 and mystic quest are too basic and not only are there looks, jobs and moves redone better in future games but there was nothin special or unique about them sept there names. and again tekken style would be cool but i just dont see it being better then SSBM style, tekken is to linear and basic(there is only fighting there is no flying around and freedom in it) if this is going to be a game with insane limits, summons, and magic it needs/deserves to be grand! how would you apply 4 player battles? i mean you are going to have to have enough room to dodge say Flare magic and with 4 players on at once it would seem to me that SSBM is better suited for this. but ether way it would rock go Zidane!

Goldenboko
02-24-2007, 09:42 PM
what do you mean theres like nothing you could use from the first gen. there were no named characters in the first game and the characters from 2, 3 and mystic quest are too basic and not only are there looks, jobs and moves redone better in future games but there was nothin special or unique about them sept there names. and again tekken style would be cool but i just dont see it being better then SSBM style, tekken is to linear and basic(there is only fighting there is no flying around and freedom in it) if this is going to be a game with insane limits, summons, and magic it needs/deserves to be grand! how would you apply 4 player battles? i mean you are going to have to have enough room to dodge say Flare magic and with 4 players on at once it would seem to me that SSBM is better suited for this. but ether way it would rock go Zidane!

No named? Are you nuts?
FFII, Leon, Minwu, Josef, The Emperor, etc.
FFIII Luneth (Hope I spelt that right), Refia (Hope I spelt that right)
FFIV Cecil, Rosa, Kain (w00t! Go Kain!), Rydia (:heart:)
FFV Bartz, Faris, Galuf (Galuf=Awesomeness)
FFVI Shadow, Terra, Locke, Mog.

I think I've made my point. Also, nothing unique? Cecil was a Paladin who looked freakin' awesome, sure he realied on the attack command for offence but he could use white magic as well. Terra could turn into a naked esper, how is there nothing unique about that?

OmegaPenance
02-25-2007, 01:08 AM
I understand what your saying but you dont understand me. first off he/she was talking about First Gen Final Fantasy(1, 2, 3) not SNES, if you look at the characters on my lists you will see characters from 4, 5 and 6. also i did mention that they have unique names just really nothing else they were all what you wanted(cept 2, so i guess it could be added).... which is another reason why i left out most of the cast from FF5 cause they were whatever, but in there lies a problem cause tactics and 12 are like this as well(well 12 has quickenings and tactics has special job classes) so i guess it could work cause when i sat down one day and made the moves for all the characters in my game i did it based on those things. dont get me wrong ive been playing ff since the original and i truly love all of them its just it would be hard to do them(well for me and stay true to the characters) like check this out heres Vaans moves i gave him:

Vaan
Special(just press): Red Spiral
Special+Up:WhiteWhorl- he jumps therefore acting as his Triple jump
Special+Down:Tournesol rush
Special+left/right:Ardor(Fire Attack in 12)
Super:Pyroclasm
Unique: (summon):Zodiarc

see there is the issue, really Quickenings(and summons) are the only thing that seperate them cause they can all learn all the abilities so i just "worked with it" so you see how it would be hard for First Gen FF Characters.

Goldenboko
02-25-2007, 01:20 AM
I understand what your saying but you dont understand me. first off he/she was talking about First Gen Final Fantasy(1, 2, 3) not SNES, if you look at the characters on my lists you will see characters from 4, 5 and 6. also i did mention that they have unique names just really nothing else they were all what you wanted(cept 2, so i guess it could be added).... which is another reason why i left out most of the cast from FF5 cause they were whatever, but in there lies a problem cause tactics and 12 are like this as well(well 12 has quickenings and tactics has special job classes) so i guess it could work cause when i sat down one day and made the moves for all the characters in my game i did it based on those things. dont get me wrong ive been playing ff since the original and i truly love all of them its just it would be hard to do them(well for me and stay true to the characters) like check this out heres Vaans moves i gave him:
First generation is I-VI. And you can easily argue that FFVII, FVIII, and X all have similar characters except appearance and limits.

As for FFV the different comes in their stats, Galuf is a great physcal attacker, Reine is a great Mage, and Faris is decent at everything, you could make it so they could change jobs in battle that would give them strengths toward their stats.

boys from the dwarf
02-25-2007, 10:28 AM
i'd imgine first generation characters making good unlockable characters or even sub-bosses.

Laddy
02-25-2007, 03:42 PM
i'd imgine first generation characters making good unlockable characters or even sub-bosses.QFT
I wouldn't mind one, in fact, I might like it, but it probably won't happen anytime incredibly soon. Square Enix has SO many other projects, which is a shame, also, making it work would be rather difficult.