PDA

View Full Version : When/what did you guys start

Gabranth
02-22-2007, 05:40 AM
when did everyone start playing final fantasy, and which FF did you first play?

i was like 5 years old and my older sister got final fantasy II (FF4) for the SNES. i always liked the game, even though i never knew how to play. :/ in the second grade, i found the game and started playing it and i found it to be pretty fun, even though i had no goddamn idea as to what was going on storyline wise. the years passed, and i finally started playing FFIV again in the 5th grade and i beat it :D

oddler
02-22-2007, 05:42 AM
I played FFIV first back on the SNES, same as you. I kept getting killed by Kain in Fabul and I thought I lost so I reset the game every time. :p

That was probably back in 1993.

ljkkjlcm9
02-22-2007, 05:44 AM
FFI with my family way back when I didn't know anything except press the button I was told to press. My mom and my two brothers
Fighter was me
Black belt was brother 1
White mage was brother 2
black mage was mother

it was fun!

THE JACKEL

Gabranth
02-22-2007, 06:28 AM
I played FFIV first back on the SNES, same as you. I kept getting killed by Kain in Fabul and I thought I lost so I reset the game every time. :p

lol i always got killed right before cecil turned into a paladin. and i would reset the game too! :hahaha:

Rocket Edge
02-22-2007, 10:39 AM
1998 i think, & my first was FF8.

The black mage
02-22-2007, 11:07 AM
I first one i saw was ff7 while a mate was playing on it. After he finished playing ff9 he lent me it. and that was it, i've loved it ever since

GF_Diablos
02-22-2007, 11:18 AM
I started playing final fantasy with V. It's still one of my favourites. I have played computer games from a very early ages but the UK struggled with game releases back then. I'm surprised I got a copy at all.
Played every one since, I really enjoyed it. Kind of tagged to other Squaresoft (as they were back then) games.

Sidderz
02-22-2007, 12:26 PM
I think my first Final Fantasy was probablly VII or VIII around 2000. Was only about 9 years old. What times.

1998 i think, & my first was FF8.

Okay not being snaggy but do you mean 1999? FFVIII didn't even come out in Japan until 1999. :D

Mirage
02-22-2007, 03:09 PM
13 years, 1998, FFV.

~Cloud Strife~
02-22-2007, 03:46 PM
My first one played was FF7, I didn't even know about final fantasy before that. My brother got me it when it first came out in england, I didn't really like ti at first but it was so cool and completed it twice before realising that there was 1,2,3 etc xD
So then I went to find all the rest of the ff's.

crazybayman
02-22-2007, 04:18 PM
FF1, on the NES, back in the day.

Although after that, the only one I played for the next 6 years was FF: Mystic Quest on the SNES (I borrowed a friends SNES one Christmas, as I had gotten away from gaming at that point), and then FF8 in 2001 (my roomate at the time had a PS1 and had borrowed a friend's copy of FF8, and yes that was many years later). I was hooked all over again. Then the following winter (2002) I bought F7 while in Houston, and played on the same roomate's PS1 (we were both down there for a workterm).

When I graduated university in 2003 I played a FFVI ROM on computer. Finally my girlfriend got me a PS2 that year for Christmas, and subsequently bought FFX. That lead to FFX-2 (yuk), FF8, then back to FF7, then FF9, and now FFXII.

I still have yet to play FF2, FF3, FF4, FF5, and the tactics games, even though I first played (and was highly addicted to) FF1 when it first came out. I even borrowed my cousin's Nintendo Power FF1 Guide (the one with the red cover). Funny, how I never got back into it until many years later.

LoKuS
02-22-2007, 04:23 PM
FF1, on the NES, back in the day.
I even borrowed my cousin's Nintendo Power FF1 Guide (the one with the red cover). Funny, how I never got back into it until many years later.

My friend still has that guide.

Darth Anarcus
02-22-2007, 05:09 PM
I started with FF7. It came with the PSX that I bought from my friend back in '98, and boy am I glad I decided to give the game a go instead of trading it in!

Crossblades
02-23-2007, 03:14 AM
'98 FF IV for the SNES

Yuffie514
02-23-2007, 07:59 AM
the year was 1997. my brother and cousins were still playing on the Super Nintendo, and just finished completing Zelda: A Link To The Past. then, my brother borrowed the PlayStation along w/Final Fantasy VII from a good friend, and to his enjoyment, he bought his own copies.

Elpizo
02-23-2007, 08:39 AM
First Final Fantasy that I played was FFTA. It was the only one I could get at that moment (I only had a GBA). I had heard about FF before from a friend who had FF X (first time I heard of it).

Then I started emulating, had a blast with FF II US and went further until I had played every FF from I till IX. (III till IX all emulated, but hey, when you don't have anything but a GBA, you have to help yourself. And I did pay for my copies of FF VII, VIII and IX <_< )

Sefie1999AD
02-23-2007, 11:28 AM
My first FF was Final Fantasy VII (for PC), which I played in the early 2000 or so. After playing Chrono Trigger, I got Final Fantasy VI (or "III" as it said), which had its good parts, but it also had some parts that I hated, so I didn't like it as much as I liked FFVII or CT. The next game to play was FFVIII, which was alright. I got started with FFIV, then I got FFIX and beat it, and I really loved that game, then I beat FFIV and FFV.

I eventually played and beat FF3j, and I thought it was a pretty fun game. I then beat FFI and FFII for NES, although I thought especially FFII was very tedious. I bought a PS2 and beat FFX. I had been looking forward to playing that game, but unfortunately, it turned out quite disappointing. During the following summer (that was summer 2002), I beat FFI WSC loads of times, but I was starting to get tired of gaming. That was until I got to play FFVII PSX in late 2002, and that was great.

A lot of time passed, and I beat FFX-2 in the early 2004, which I actually found to be a pretty good game, better than FFX in many ways, and I also played and beat FF Tactics, which was a fun game too. After that, I've played some of the GBA remakes, but I haven't been really too active with the FFs. Instead, I've been more into the KH series. FFXII is released today, so I'll probably get it when I have time to play it.

OneWingedAngelSephiroth91
02-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for SNES, but I didn't know it was part of a saga, so when I played FFVII, I made the contection.

silentenigma
02-24-2007, 03:16 AM
I first bought Final Fantasy Origins in like 2003, which would have put me in late 5th grade.

Araciel
02-24-2007, 07:03 AM
FF1 on NES 1989 i think...i was like 7 or 8...it practically taught me to read better...

Mo-Nercy
02-24-2007, 02:14 PM
1997. Final Fantasy VII. I was 9 years old.

Up till then, the only games I had on PSX were Battle Arena Toshinden 3 and Crash Bandicoot. Once I got FF7, I didn't pop the lid open or buy another game for about 6 months.

charliepanayi
02-24-2007, 09:34 PM
I think I've answered this countless times XD

Summer of 2001 - my brother bought a copy of Final Fantasy IX (he had gotten interested in the series from seeing our cousin playing VII and VIII) - I've never been much of a video game player but FFIX drew me in very quickly (loved the plot and the characters) and I spent most of the summer playing it. When I finished the game (hugely satisfying thing to do) I went out and got FFVII and FFVIII (with my brother and I playing one each and then swapping) and went on from there.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Summer 2001. I bought Final Fantasy VIII from HMV and considered it the most complicated and worthless piece of trash I ever spent pocket money on. Rest assured, I've taken the thought back

rubah
02-25-2007, 01:10 AM
I'm sitting here trying to remember, and I seriously can't. It doesn't seem like I could've played ff5 at the end of 2001, but I guess I did. I asked a friend wtp final fantasy was, and he said the best way to explain it was to play it, so I did.

Firo Volondé
02-25-2007, 01:57 AM
Around 2003 I think, and my first was X.

feioncastor
02-25-2007, 02:06 AM
In 1993, we rented Final Fantasy II for the SNES, and loved it, and purchased Final Fantasy I for the NES, and we would've bought FF2 if we could find it. We rented it, over and over again, and I do own it now.

Croyles
02-25-2007, 02:10 AM
I started with FF7 in 1997 (I was 10 at the time). I remember my brother said he wanted to get a new game. When I asked him what kind he said "Its an RPG" and I was like "What the hell is that?"
I was really excited when he got the game in his hands even though I had no idea what the game was, but the cover looked cool and interesting. He didnt let me play it for 2 weeks (he's long since regretted it, trust me :hot: :radred:), instead I had to watch him and his friends seeming like they were having the time of their lives. I ended up having such anticipation for it its no wonder that this game is still my favourite!

I then completed the following FF games in this order: FFVIII, FFVI, FFIX, FFV, FFIV, FFX, FFX-2 (ugh), FFIX (I didnt complete this one, what, do you think i have 60 hours a day?), FFXII and am currently playing FF Tactics.

The only thing I regret is that it made me a little more asocial once in a while.

Radje
02-28-2007, 03:08 AM
I remember it as being 1998 but i could be wrong. My cousin had brought a selection of Playstation games with him when he came to visit my big brother. When i was in the room with them i spotted it and saw the funny characters on the back and asked what it was. His answer didn't give it justice...

He left it at the house when he left and for the next week i did nothing but sit at the desk and play it.

I remember getting to Aeris' house and thinking i must be near the end of the game, it was the first RPG i ever played i never knew games could be so long.

Since then i played 8, 9, 10, then decided to emulate 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 and finally played 10-2, 11 (For a few months) and the dissapointing 12.

sockmonkey
02-28-2007, 07:45 AM
I'd never heard of the FF series untill I played FFVI back in... I think it was 97 or 98. My friend and I played it with no walkthrough or hints. We had to find our own way through the whole thing. This just made it all the better. We were totally immersed in it. The music cut through me and I mourned for the lost friends. The fact that it was so well made that man still consider it the best is just frosting on the cake. I'd never seen anything like it and it just overwhelmed me. That's why it will always be my favorite.
It was my first.

Later I went back and played FFI on the NES and got a copy of VII eventually I played all the previous ones on the emulator and they were great too.

Bunny
02-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Final Fantasy in '92 or so. I was 5.

Vermachtnis
02-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Mystic Quest way, way back in the day. I think I was in the first or second grade. I think that was like '94, '95 something like that.

Croyles
02-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Oh yeah oops, i forgot about Mystic Quest. Yeah that was also the first one I played. I enjoyed it back then, but was too young to be any good at it.

Zeromus_X
02-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Final Fantasy IV, as Final Fantasy II on the SNES.

Nominus Experse
03-07-2007, 04:42 PM
I played Final Fantasy I in 1993. I then had a 4 year hiatus, and was graced with being able to once again play Final Fantasy once 7 came out in '97.

However, I played Dragon Warrior I and III one year before I played Final Fantasy. So Dragon Warrior always has a special place in my heart.

Mirage
03-07-2007, 06:50 PM
1997. Final Fantasy VII. I was 9 years old.

Up till then, the only games I had on PSX were Battle Arena Toshinden 3 and Crash Bandicoot. Once I got FF7, I didn't pop the lid open or buy another game for about 6 months.
How did you change discs then? ;)

Aerisfanatic
03-09-2007, 02:17 AM
the first one i played through without just going cause im bored was ff8, then i played ff7 cause everyone said it had the best story so i played and it became my favorite