PDA

View Full Version : 4 Sony fans only !

Remedy
02-22-2007, 07:57 AM
I still think that there are some games
should be continue released on Sony Playstation 1+2+3

It is hard knowing that Dino Crisis 3 is released on XBox
instead of continue it's path on Sony consoles.

I've played the 1st and 2nd part of the game on PS1
it was one of the GR8est games I've ever played on PS1
nowdays, nothing mentioned on the game.
D.C.3 isn't even included as Xbox 360 games.
sound like all dinosaurs are REALY dead
and Regina (the formal character of D.C) has retired !
I don't think Regina appeared on the XBox, did she :confused:
anyways, I feel sorry for Dino Crisis.....very sorry
R.I.P

-

Abe Oddwold
It has it's oun path comparing with other games.
I also Played the 1st and 2nd parts of the series.
XBox stick his nose again :confused:
I mean pleeeease..
The title is Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
Playstation 2 canceled releasing the game - no wonder , XBox is a threater.
Bravo.

-

my Question is
Will you guys buy a Console just to continue playing your favorte game ?

me? big NO!

I asked my friend yesterday the same Q- and he replied
" Yes, the only reason I bought Game Cube
is to continue playing Metal Gear and I'm ready to buy any console just to play my favorite games."

UltimaMasamune
02-22-2007, 12:28 PM

R.I.P

-

Abe Oddwold
I mean pleeeease..
Bravo.

-

my Question is

me? big NO!

is to continue playing Metal Gear and I'm ready to buy any console just to play my favorite games."

WTF MGS didn't even move to the GC TTS was a crappy remake

and on-topic for one game no but for 5+ games then hell yeah

Vermachtnis
02-22-2007, 02:18 PM
More consoles=more game availability. I've never had a problem with games moving across systems or whatever. I have no idea why people make such a big deal when a game series moves to another system. Like Resident Evil 4, I remember people complaining about it being on Gamecube before it moved to PS2. I can understand not having the money to pay for it, but some people were just flat out boycotting it for not being Sony.

I mean, jeez, am I such a bad person for owning both a Playstation 2 and Gamecube? I'm sorry I don't have to pick and choose what games of the series I have to play. And I'm especially sorry that I own both versions of Resident Evil 4 and Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss you --

...I think I better stop before I get into trouble for ranting about people for console loyalties.

Mirage
02-22-2007, 03:00 PM

R.I.P

-

Abe Oddwold
I mean pleeeease..
Bravo.

-

my Question is

me? big NO!

and on-topic for one game no but for 5+ games then hell yeah
No, TTS was an excellent remake.

Anyway, companies will develop games to whichever console they think will gain them the biggest profit. Except when console manufacturers buy other developers, but then the devs have no word in it anyway.

I don't care what the name of the console is. The only thing I care about is which console has the games that I want to play. If MGS4 was to get released on the 360, I'd buy one in a heartbeat, and I wouldn't care for the PS3 at all anymore.

I guess that's a yes anyway. I buy all my consoles with the games that are available for them in mind. The console I buy is the one with the most appealing games. If I deem MGS4 to be three times as important to me than two other games for the 360, I'm buying PS3. If the 360 suddenly gets 6 games that I really want, but not MGS4, I would probably buy a 360 instead of a PS3, and just wait for the 360 port. And yes, I'm pretty sure there will be one, just look at MGS2 and MGS3.

JKTrix
02-22-2007, 03:18 PM
...and just wait for the 360 port. And yes, I'm pretty sure there will be one, just look at MGS2 and MGS3.

What? MGS3?

I don't doubt the possibility of MGS4 ending up on the 360.

As for the topic: I think this sort of thing is really becoming diluted now. I know Remedy is living in some sort of alternate timeline where he's just getting a Gamecube, but for the rest of us, 3rd party exclusives (like Metal Gear) are very rare. If it's a game that the Console Making Company themselves make (like Mario, Halo, God Of War) then there's no chance it'll come out on another system. So if you're a fan of one of those kinds of games, then you don't really have to worry much about buying a different 'rival' console because your favourite game moves.

For me, if it's a game that I really, really want, I would buy the system. Right now, Virtua Fighter 5 is that game, though I'm still on the fence. VF is the kind of game that you can just keep playing for a long time. If it was another type of game that had an 'ending', then probably not.

Mirage
02-22-2007, 03:22 PM
They didn't make Subsistence for the Xbox? I thought they did. Oh well.

Mario doesn't interest me anymore (I just play the SNES ones if anything nowadays), Halo is a console shooter, meaning nothx, God of War was a bit cool, but not worth buying a PS3 for its sequel.

Orophin
02-22-2007, 03:39 PM
So you're telling me that you buy Sony Consoles because it's Sony and not because of the games? :eep: I never had a Xbox but if the game series I love were going to be on the 360, I would buy one. For now, I have a Wii and I will see in the future which of the 360 and PS3 have the best games (can't afford 3 consoles...), I will not buy a PS3 because I bought a PS1 and a PS2 and loved them (I didn't like the PS1 and PS2 consoles but the games on it).

Dreddz
02-22-2007, 04:46 PM
The main reason why I buy consoles is to continue playing my favourite games. If I know they will be continued on that console though. I strictly follow the games, never the consoles.

Its pretty tough to choose now however, to be perfectly honest, theres not many games I want for this generations consoles. I had bite the bullet when I bought a 360, there wasnt many games I wanted for it, but I bought one anyway, and ended up playing alot of games I'd never even think of buying before, and I happened to love them. So it worked out well in the end. The only console Im expecting to buy is a PS3, but theres no question about that, Virtua Fighter 5 and Tekken 6 I have to play to continue on living.

God of War was a bit cool, but not worth buying a PS3 for its sequel.

Good things its being released for the PS2 then.

Mirage
02-22-2007, 05:58 PM
God of War 2 isn't out yet? Oh well, they'll probably make one for the PS3 too.

ljkkjlcm9
02-22-2007, 06:05 PM
I don't understand why this is "4 sony fans only!!!111one!1!" lol

Basically this is for any fan of a series. For me, I do buy a system for games. And when it comes down to it, which game series do I prefer. I've always had nintendo consoles, and those are the games that I've grown to love. Zelda, Metroid, Mario, and now Fire Emblem being released stateside. Those are my favorite games. I mean yes, I like Final Fantasy, and I like many other games, but they're not the games I buy a system for. I think it's great when they go to the system I have, but I won't buy an entire system, just for them.(at least not until it's really cheap)

THE JACKEL

Remedy
02-24-2007, 06:32 AM
Some of you made good points like - companies and profits
it's their rights - I know - thats Y I read my prayers on Dino Crisis >.<

-

sounds like I've registered with some wealthy PPL ^ ^
U guys are ready to buy as many consoles as U can !!
and I though that I'm muscular having PS2 & NGC LOoL
-

:: Orophin ::
about Ur replly - No I've bought PS1 & PS2 because there were no other competitive consles. even XBox wasn't that threat to PS2
-

Finally, I hope that no one will lose his/her favorite game because of some gready sticky nose consoles.

cheers ^ . *

Moon Rabbits
02-24-2007, 07:20 AM

I feel sad because I used to be nerdy enough to read that once and understand it.

fantasyjunkie
02-24-2007, 07:21 AM
I have always bought consoles for the games. Back in the 90's I bought the SNES for Zelda(A link to the past? I thinks thats it), the PS1 for FFVII, the XBOX for Morrowind, Gamecube for it's Zelda game, and the PS2 for Vice City. Oh, and the 360 for Oblivion.
Oh yeah, the N64 for its Zelda game too. I cannot remember the name of that one for the life of me.

Mirage
02-24-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm not all that wealthy. I won't be buying a 360 or PS3 in at least another 10 months, depending on how soon we'll see the price drops. The Wii is a different case. If it gets a lot of interesting games (not Zelda, not Mario), I'll probably buy one before I get any of the other two consoles.

Roto13
02-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Once I have a source of income I'll probably get an XBox 360. I think the price of the PS3 will have to drop to about $400 before I'd get one. Much less if I'm a student at the time. :P I already have a Wii.

Orophin
02-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Some of you made good points like -
:: Orophin ::
about Ur replly - No I've bought PS1 & PS2 because there were no other competitive consles. even XBox wasn't that threat to PS2

Good to know. :p I don't understand those who buy consoles because it's made from Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft.