PDA

View Full Version : Bird taming

agrudis
02-22-2007, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this on but if not it'll probably be moved.

Anyway, the subject of this post: bird taming.

I own a budgie. She's about 9, 10 or 11 years old (I'm not sure exactly) and she is very very timid. I've tried library books and internet sites, but I can't find anything that says how to tame a bird (except for one whic is for birds aged 2-3 weeks). Does anyone know how to tame a budgie? I would be really grateful.

Sergeant Hartman
02-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Don't have a clue, but it would be cool to have a bird on your shoulder all day though.

Iceglow
02-22-2007, 01:26 PM
I don't know but that makes me wish the old lady down the road with the cool parrot that was tamed hadn't died. I used to have the parrot sit on my shoulder when we went over for cakes and stuff.

agrudis
02-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Yay!! I just hand-fed her... TWICE!! That's something I've never been able to do!!!!! (Okay, never THOUGHT of doing). I'm so happy.

escobert
02-23-2007, 05:01 PM
My old bird just called my mom fat.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Would you like Bill Oddie's phone number?

Rye
02-23-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm not quite sure how to tame a budgie, but I have a macaw, so I don't really if they'd apply to a budgie. What exactly do you need help with? Is he nipping everyone, or are you trying to teach him some tricks? Also, the fact that he is such an old bird makes it really difficult to train. You have to really start young. Of course, you still can do something. Anyway, sorry I can't really help, but good luck. :]

EDIT: http://www.planet-pets.com/tambrd.htm <--- This is for younger birds, but it can still apply to yours.

Sakura
02-24-2007, 11:52 PM
I've trained ducks and geese to follow me around, my little call ducks love sitting on my hand and they think of me as their mother :p They let me do anything to them like dress them up in little costumes and putting leashes on them ^^

Anyways I have lovebirds, I love teaching them to walk through obstacle courses. My lovebird just died because my cat attacked it but really all you have to do is hold it and be with it and feed it so it knows you ^_^ After that everything's easy because the bird loves you and it's easy to handle :]

Miriel
02-25-2007, 12:12 AM
You tame a bird by killing it. Killing it good until it's dead.

Yamaneko
02-25-2007, 12:23 AM
Same with puppies, right?

escobert
02-25-2007, 12:26 AM
And Yams.

oddler
02-25-2007, 12:31 AM
All of the above.