PDA

View Full Version : NiGHTS Into Dreams

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-22-2007, 03:07 PM
What's NiGHTS Into Dreams like? I never had a chance to play that game. I've heard a rumor that a sequel to NiGHTS Into Dreams might be in development for the Wii.

Roto13
02-22-2007, 03:11 PM
There was a lot of flying. And a sequel for Wii?

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/3229.jpg

(it doesn't exist)

edczxcvbnm
02-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Even if they were making a Nights 2 it would suck so much because Sonic Team sucks so much now.

JKTrix
02-22-2007, 03:25 PM
The archaic 'K-A' rating (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entertainment_Software_Rating_Board#Retired) gives it away, if the generally poor quality of the rest of the pic and other minor clues didn't :p

CimminyCricket
02-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Dammit, Roto! Would you quit posting that damn picture?! I've almost crapped myself again before I realised it was the same picture from last time.

Dreddz
02-22-2007, 04:37 PM
NIGHTS into Dreams is one of the best Saturn games, I stratched my disc very badly though making it unplayable, then I lost the stratched disc :(

I doubt a sequel will come, but if It did, I'd be happy if it was on any of the consoles, yes, even the Wii....

XxSephirothxX
02-22-2007, 05:15 PM
In a word, awesome. In a slightly more descriptive word, unique.

GF_Diablos
02-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Agree with above posts, it was a really fun game to just kick back and play, one of those ones where you didn't realise you had been playing it for 5 hours.
Eyetoy version was fun too ^.^

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-22-2007, 06:22 PM
I wonder why Nintendo hasn't released NiGHTS Into Dreams on the virtual console, because that would be so cool!:D

Maxico
02-22-2007, 06:42 PM
I wonder why Nintendo hasn't released NiGHTS Into Dreams on the virtual console, because that would be so cool!:D

That is unlikely for two reasons.

A. The saturn is very difficult to emulate, due to it's unusual architecture. Last time I checked the minumum requirements for an unoffical saturn emulator were in the range of a high end PC.

B. Sega Saturn used discs, and the Virtual Console only seems to be making cartridge based games available, presumably for bandwidth reasons or storage reasons on the Wii.
What kind of storage does the Wii have anyway? I was under the impression that it had a harddrive, but wikipedia is only listing 512mb of Flash Memory.
If so, there's simply not enough space on the Wii to store even a single Saturn game.

Dreddz
02-22-2007, 07:46 PM
With Symphony of the Night coming to the 360, it's not far from saying that it might appear on the 360, or PS3.

99% sure it wont though.

Maxico
02-22-2007, 09:41 PM
Now that you mention it, I really don't see why not though.

Considering the power of the next gen systems they could probably just emulate it, rather than port it (As they would have had to do for last gen consoles) and there are already 800mb+ downloads available on both services.

Also, both Playstation and N64 games have become available via download this generation, so it would really be the perfect time for the Saturn to get in on that scene.