PDA

View Full Version : Materia Combinations against Weapons?

Orgasmic
02-22-2007, 03:39 PM
I need GREAT Materia Combinations to beat th last Weapons.:mad:

Well, the special combinations I'm using right now against Emerald.. Is the:

Demi1:Quadra magic:W-Magic
Counter:Mime
Sneak attack:Barrier
Sneak attack:KOTR
Added effect:Contain

..and some other. But i can't really come up with any more great combinations against weapons...:confused:

Xurts
02-23-2007, 12:06 AM
Sneak Attack? wtf does that do? I don't even remember that.

Added Effect = Hades, Master Summon/KOTR = HP/MP Absorb, Final Attack = Phoenix, Mime. It'll be pretty hard to lose with any of those.

BG-57
02-23-2007, 03:10 AM
Materia linked to Sneak Attack will be activated before any other actions in a battle.

It should have been called Cheap Shot materia.

I found Master Summon/W-Summon on Cloud and Mime on the other two characters works fine, and minimizes the damage done by Emerald's Air Tare Storm.

For Ruby Master Summon=MP Absorb, Final Attack=Revive, and Enemy Skill on the surviving character works fine. I always take on Ruby solo.

edczxcvbnm
02-23-2007, 03:32 AM
I use zero materia against Emerald Weapon.

I use Master Summon, W-Item and W-Summon against Ruby. Thats all.

oddler
02-23-2007, 04:41 AM

You're full of pooooooooopy.

Orgasmic
02-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Okay, that sound pretty nice. Hey, Odd Eye! What do you mean by...
"Pooooooooopy"? The best thing to have against emerald is actually ZERO materia. Because the Air Tare Storm does 1111damage/each materia . Like, if Tifa has 7 materia and Cloud has 2. It will cause 7777 to Tifa and 2222 to Cloud. But the thing then is to make all the Battling characters strong enough to cause major damage without any materia.

Gren
02-28-2007, 09:43 PM
The best thing to have against emerald is actually ZERO materia. Because the Air Tare Storm does 1111damage/each materia . Like, if Tifa has 7 materia and Cloud has 2. It will cause 7777 to Tifa and 2222 to Cloud. But the thing then is to make all the Battling characters strong enough to cause major damage without any materia.

He does have a point, but it's usually hard to do that. What I have found usually works against Emerald (and I say this cause Emerald is the only one I have beaten), is KOTR, W-Summon, HP Plus, MP Plus, and Mime on one character, Final Attack:Phoenix, HP Plus, MP Plus, Mime on another character, and HP Plus, MP Plus, and Mime on the last. Do KOTR, and mime it as much as possible, using Limits when possible. Items will help out if you have alot of Megalixers (W-Item cheat is great there). Until I defeat Ruby, that's all I got.

Xurts
03-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Okay, that sound pretty nice. Hey, Odd Eye! What do you mean by...
"Pooooooooopy"? The best thing to have against emerald is actually ZERO materia. Because the Air Tare Storm does 1111damage/each materia . Like, if Tifa has 7 materia and Cloud has 2. It will cause 7777 to Tifa and 2222 to Cloud. But the thing then is to make all the Battling characters strong enough to cause major damage without any materia.
No, actually, it's not. The best method is to either equip the fewest materia as possible, or equip more than 9 and have Phoenix resurrect you when Emerald uses Air Tam Storm.

oddler
03-01-2007, 12:59 AM
It's been a long time since I fought the Weapons but don't you have to have the Underwater materia equipped to defeat Emerald Weapon?

thegirth
03-01-2007, 02:47 AM
not nescisaraly, if you can do it in under 20 mins youll be fine

Xurts
03-01-2007, 03:30 AM
not nescisaraly, if you can do it in under 20 mins youll be fine
Which is entirely possible, even with KOTR.

oddler
03-01-2007, 04:09 AM
My bad. I forgot that was possible.

edczxcvbnm
03-02-2007, 06:14 AM
Before I battle I usually do the W-Item trick to get an ass load of Hero Drinks to boost all my stats. I also have all characters in hyper since normal attacks really are not going to be helping matters.

I must admit the easist win is when I got Cait Siths ULTIMATE limit against Emerald...the instant win one. Death dwarfed Emerald Weapon. Let me tell you this; it was awesome.

My Ruby weapon trick is that Hades freezes Ruby weapon and since you W-Summon with KOTR it hits him so fast that he is still frozen and thus does not counter attack with Ultima.

MistaCloudStrife
03-02-2007, 07:27 AM

You're full of pooooooooopy.

Actually he's not... He just didn't care to elaborate.

What you would do is have someone get thier limit break, more attacks the better chances of pulling it off...

You go into battle with one support character, one dead character and one character with his/her limit break. The two characters that are alive will continuously give hero drinks to the character with his limit break and after enough hero drinks the character with the limit break will use it. Hero drinks will cause the limit break to keep repeating. Hit enough times and Emerald is dead.

Mirage
03-02-2007, 07:59 AM
Hero drinks will cause the limit break to keep repeating. Hit enough times and Emerald is dead.
Wrong. Hero Drinks only boost stats temporarily. What you probably saw was the result of 8 Counter materias being linked to 8 Mime materias, causing the character to mime his last action 8 times if attacked. If that character's last action was a limit break, then that will be mimed.

Orgasmic
03-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Well, okay. I get you. Absolute zero materia may not be the best way. But as few as you can get. Then at least it's a smaller chance of getting KO'd. Against Emerald I use Quadra magic-Demi1-W-Magic.
And Magic counter-Demi1. Because Demi always causes 9999 damage.

Relapse
12-26-2007, 10:02 AM
KOTR=HP Absorb
Mime
W-Summon
Underwater (optional, i think)
A few Mastered HP+ to reach 9999HP
Speed+ (optional)

W-Summon KOTR, mime the rest of the battle. Cheapest strategy ever.

Leeza
12-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Sorry, zack. This thread is too old to be brought back up. Please check post dates before posting. :cat: