PDA

View Full Version : At Oeilvert

Rye
02-22-2007, 04:37 PM
When you split before Oeilvert, who did you pick for each party and why? I'm just curious, because it's always so hard for me to pick because Steiner is pretty good, but you can eat things with Quina. xD

I chose Quina this time replaying it, but what about you?

TheSpoonyBard
02-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Oeilvert: Zidane, Freya, Steiner, Quina
Desert Palace: Amarant, Eiko, Vivi, Dagger

You can use magic in the Desert Palace, so I send all the magic users there. Amarant goes along so he can restore their MP with Chakra and provide some physical attacks.

The Oeilvert team is largely physical oriented, so it makes sense for them to go.

cloud21zidane16
02-22-2007, 05:15 PM
oeilvert:Zidane, dagger,quina,amarant
desert palace:steiner, freya, vivi,eiko

same reason as before about the magic accept steiner and freya give you a bit of attacking strength at desert palace as do zidane amarant and quina at oeilvert

Sefie1999AD
02-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Oeilvert: Zidane, Freya, Amarant, Eiko.
Desert Palace: Steiner, Vivi, Dagger, Quina.

I mostly want physical fighters for Oeilvert, but the battles on your way to Oeilvert are quite tough (Armstrong and other enemy monsters) and I level up a lot just outside Oeilvert, so I want Eiko for healing there. As for the Desert Palace, Steiner is the physical fighter there, and I wanted him in the same team with Vivi in case I want to use their magic sword attacks. Vivi uses magic attacks, Dagger heals and summons, and Quina does different things. S/he's also useful in the boss fight for casting spells like Mighty Guard, White Wind and (I think) 1000 Needles.

farplaner
02-23-2007, 04:18 AM
When you split before Oeilvert, who did you pick for each party and why? I'm just curious, because it's always so hard for me to pick because Steiner is pretty good, but you can eat things with Quina. xD

I chose Quina this time replaying it, but what about you?

Just remember that you can't use magic inside Oeilvert. That makes my decision pretty easy. Of course, it's still up to the individual. Amarant's a plus for Oeilvert, because he can still use Chakra to heal, and the chemist ability makes Steiner useful with hi-potions. I've had no problems dividing the parties between strictly physical and strictly magical groups- the areas are kind of set up for that strategy. You'll probably use a few ethers going through the Desert Palace, but it's nothing to worry about.

Woodinator
02-23-2007, 04:34 AM
Oelivert: Zidane, Steiner, Freya, Amarant
Desert Palace: Dagger, Vivi, Garnet, Quina

Obviously i split the magic and physical, i kept amarant and freya in the oelivert group because freya has reis wind and amarant had chakra and revive which came in handy...

and well desert palace...it was like...magic-fest :P

Sefie1999AD
02-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Oelivert: Zidane, Steiner, Freya, Amarant
Desert Palace: Dagger, Vivi, Garnet, Quina

Obviously i split the magic and physical, i kept amarant and freya in the oelivert group because freya has reis wind and amarant had chakra and revive which came in handy...

and well desert palace...it was like...magic-fest :P

Oh yeah, I forgot Freya and Amarant are still able to use their special attacks inside Oeilvert, and both of them are able to heal your characters. Desert Palace is magic-fest, right, but what happens when you encounter an enemy that is strong against magic, or when you run out of MP? Oh, and how on earth did you get Dagger and Garnet in the same party? :p

DarkLadyNyara
02-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Oelivert- Zidane, Freya, Amarant, Quina

Desert Palace- Dagger, Eiko, Vivi, Steiner

I find it pretty useful to pair Steiner and Vivi, especially at this point. Dagger is damn near useless, unfortunatly.

TheSpoonyBard
02-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Oh, and how on earth did you get Dagger and Garnet in the same party?
:confused: What, exactly, are you asking?
They're the same person, and so cannot occupy two spaces in the party.

DarkLadyNyara
02-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Oh, and how on earth did you get Dagger and Garnet in the same party?
:confused: What, exactly, are you asking?
They're the same person, and so cannot occupy two spaces in the party.

Ah. I missread the question as Dagger and Eiko. *blushes* Not sure how. :D

Odaisé Gaelach
02-24-2007, 02:00 AM
Vivi
Eiko
Garnet
Zidane

Yes, I am an idiot. :twak:

Quindiana Jones
02-24-2007, 09:40 PM
I usually stick with Zidane, Freya, Amarant and Steiner.

DarkLadyNyara
02-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Vivi
Eiko
Garnet
Zidane

Yes, I am an idiot. :twak:

If it makes you feel better, plenty of people have done that. :cool:

farplaner
02-25-2007, 07:56 AM
but what happens when you encounter an enemy that is strong against magic, or when you run out of MP?

There aren't any enemies at the palace that should cause to much trouble against magic, and, like I said, you might use a couple of ethers, but by this point you should have plenty to last you...just use them during battle for the extra 50 MP per ether.

Woodinator
02-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Desert Palace is magic-fest, right, but what happens when you encounter an enemy that is strong against magic, or when you run out of MP? Oh, and how on earth did you get Dagger and Garnet in the same party? :p

Oops...typo ...meant vivi, dagger, quina, and eiko ><;; as for the enemies strong against magic...the only one really were those wizard things and those you just had to wither away for a while...carbuncle kinda helped a little...and afterwaqrds just used an ether...and sometimes i just ran to bypass the whole problem ^^

Elpizo
02-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Oelivert: Zidane, Freya, Steiner, Amarant
Desert Palace: Dagger, Vivi, Eiko, Quina

Easy, strong fighters to Oelivert and Quina a must in desert palace. Lv5-Death people! Every enemy in Desert Palace (except for the boss) can be killed with Lv5-Death! Why make it hard when it can be so easy? And with all my fighters in Oelivert, there weren't many enemies that lasted longer than 2 turns (if they came in groups, alone it would mostly be 1 turn).