PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me Why...

Riana
02-22-2007, 08:52 PM
...I should get an Xbox360.

I'm not really an Xbox fan, but after reading reviews of great games like Gears Of War and Lost Planet. Those actually caught my interest. But why should one buy a console just for the sake of two games?

Can any Xbox fans tell me anything else I should know about this fine piece of hardware? Is it it's money's worth? Are there any other good games I should know about?

Dreddz
02-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Its definately a worthwhile console, I only bought the system for Dead Rising and Dead Or Alive 4, and I ended up recieving a ton of games which I'd never give a second glance at, and it turned out I enjoyed them a whole lot. Look at the future titles for the system, you may only want two games now, but two games should last you until another game you want is available, then you can go ahead and buy that.

Just a word up though, Lost Planet isnt really a system seller, I borrowed it from a friend and it was very meh. And Gears of War is very short, took me only 7 hours to beat it. I could probably beat it in 6 if I tried hard enough. If these are the only two games you buy, then on a personal note, I'd say wait until there are a few more titles you want for the system. Just me though, you might think very different.

DK
02-22-2007, 09:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mistwalker

Enough reason for me to want to get one. :D

Roto13
02-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Two games isn't really enough of a reason for something so expensive, but if you look, I bet you could find more games you'd like for the console.

krissy
02-22-2007, 11:20 PM
can it emulate like the original yet?

XxSephirothxX
02-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Do you like to play games online? Do you have friends with 360s? If the answer to either of those is yes, then you should get one. Especially if you enjoy shooters.

There are plenty of other great games coming, too.
-Bioshock
-Halo 3
-Alan Wake
-Mass Effect
-Blue Dragon and Lost Planet
-Too Human
-Fable 2

Gears of War and Lost Planet are both great fun. Call of Duty 3's multiplayer is really awesome, as well, and there are plenty of older games that are worth picking up too, like Burnout: Revenge and Call of Duty 2, which has a much better campaign than the third game. There are other solid games for the system, but I don't have the catalogue memorized, so you should probably just look it up if you're actually interested.
Also, don't buy the Core version. You're going to want the HDD.

Araciel
02-23-2007, 12:09 AM
because ps3 sucks.

JKTrix
02-23-2007, 01:04 PM
The Xbox's biggest strength is Xbox Live. A lot of the value is gone if you don't have access to it. Besides the multiplayer stuff, all the downloads available to you are quite extensive.

Playstation Network is starting to offer some of the same services, but they are still trailing behind XBL. At this point, you get what you pay for.

If you are strictly offline, then you should be concerned about the games. If you're the type who plays mostly RPGs, Xbox might not seem that appealing. However it gives you a chance to branch out and try new things that you may not have given the chance if Blue Dragon or something came out right now. As far as the current generation of systems go, the 360 has the best lineup of games available. If you got a Wii or PS3, you could buy a handful of games then wait for the next big thing to come. For the 360, being out a year earlier, there are quite a number of great and worthwhile games for the system.

Many of them multiply in value (in both enjoyment and unfortunately finances) once you add Xbox Live into the mix. Still, many of them are great offline games.

Now is actually a pretty good time to start on the 360. There were a few good games recently added to the 360's 'Platinum Hits' lineup in addition to what was there before.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platinum_Hits#Games_in_Platinum_Hits_for_Xbox_360_series

Madame Adequate
02-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Two games isn't really enough of a reason for something so expensive, but if you look, I bet you could find more games you'd like for the console.

ONE game is enough of a reason, if it's Dead Rising.

Putting aside that it's a generally very sound, robust console, like the original, with a large and constantly growing catalogue of games.

ljkkjlcm9
02-23-2007, 07:22 PM
my opinion? A lot of games will be "multi-platform" ie, on both 360 and PS3. Wii will have a lot of exclusive/special games. To get 90% of the games of the next generation getting a 360 and Wii is the best way, because the 360 is cheaper, and has very secure online play, as of right now.

Personally I don't have one, but I have friends with them, and I have the Wii. We play both though.

THE JACKEL

Slothy
02-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Frankly, I'm not the best person to tell you why you should get one. Yeah, pretty much every multi-console game will be on the PS3 and 360, but the only exclusives I want are on the PS3. Frankly, if we have to tell you why you should get any console, then I say don't buy it at all. Odds are you've looked at previews for various games and nothing has caught your eye. Wait a while until a few titles stand out to you as must own on any console and get that.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be available for the Xbox 360 sometime in the fall...But it'll also be available for the PS3.

Mirage
02-23-2007, 11:44 PM
...I should get an Xbox360.

I'm not really an Xbox fan, but after reading reviews of great games like Gears Of War and Lost Planet. Those actually caught my interest. But why should one buy a console just for the sake of two games?

Can any Xbox fans tell me anything else I should know about this fine piece of hardware? Is it it's money's worth? Are there any other good games I should know about?

You need to ask yourself just how many PS3 games you want to get too. I only know of two (maybe) PS3 games that I consider "killer apps".

If I think buying a PS3 ($600) for 3 games is ok, then surely, it would be ok to me to buy a 360 ($400) for just two games. Well, if I thought those two games were of the same caliber as the PS3 games I was looking at.

Remedy
02-24-2007, 10:28 AM
I'll tell U my humble opinion
I won't get the XBox for those two games.
I've seen the game play for Lost Planet - generaly the game is GR8
but I won't risk money for sake of XBox..

* U might want to read more replys to figure it out *

good luck ^^

UltimaMasamune
02-24-2007, 12:15 PM
this is how I see it

if you like these games

Kameo: Elements of Power (MGS)
Ninety-Nine Nights (MGS)
Perfect Dark Zero (MGS)
Project Gotham Racing 3 (MGS)
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Volume 1 (MGS)
Amped 3 (2K Sports)
Call of Duty 2 (Activision)
Chromehounds (SEGA)
Condemned (SEGA)
Dead or Alive 4 (Tecmo)
Dead Rising (Capcom)
MotoGP ‘06 (THQ)
Over G Fighters (Ubisoft)
Prey (2K Games)
QUAKE 4 (Activision)
Rockstar Table Tennis (Rockstar Games)
Rumble Roses XX (Konami)
Saints Row (THQ)
Alan Wake
Banjo-Kazooie
Blue Dragon
Crackdown
Fable 2
Forza 2
Fuzion Frenzy 2
GoW
Halo 3
Halo Wars
Infinite Undiscovery
Marvel Univ. On.
Mass Effect
Project Gotham Racing 4
Shadowrun
Too Human
Viva Piņata
Battlestations (Eidos)
BioShock (2K Games)
Bullet Witch (Atari)
Crossfire (Eidos)
DDR Univ. (Konami)
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (Tecmo
Kane and Lynch (Eidos)
Lost Planet (Capcom)
Mobile Ops (Namco Bandai)
Overlord (Codemasters)
Star Trek (Bethesda Softworks)
Tom Clancy’s SC 5 (Ubisoft)

get a 360

if like these games

Gran Turismo 5
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
The Wall
Devil May Cry 4
Hot Shots Golf 5
Getaway
Fifth Phantom Saga
Soulcalibur IV [Untitled]
Tekken 6
God of War 3
Eight Days
Eyedentify
Killzone PS3
WarDevil (Enigma)
Gradius PS3
Naughty Dog PS3 Project [untitled]
Zipper Interactive PS3 Project [untitled]
Ratchet and Clank PS3
Final Fantasy XIII
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Sony Online Mercenary MMO [untitled]
Sony Online Spy MMO [untitled]
Sony Online Whimsical MMO [untitled]
Metro 2033: The Last Refuge
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
DC Universe
MLB '07 : The Show
MotorStorm
Lair
Heavenly Sword
Warhawk
Formula One Championship Edition
The Eye of Judgment: Conquerors of 9 Fields
Full Auto 2: Battlelines
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
Ridge Racer 7
NBA '07
Genji: Days of the Blade
Resistance: Fall of Man
Ni-Oh
Unknown Realms
White Knight Story
The Sims: Holiday Edition
Media Molecule PS3 Game
Mainichi Issyo
Generation of Chaos VI
Fatal Frame PS3
Shin Megami Tensei
Makai Wars
Wangan Midnight
Railfan
Way of the Samurai 3
Angel Rings [Working Title]
Monster Hunter 3
Redwood Falls
Sarugechu PS3 [untitled]
Afrika
Romance of the Three Kingdoms PS3
rockstar old west project
LA NOIRE
siren(working title)
driver(ps3)
Onimusha
SOCOM
Ace Combat
Team ICOs next project

get a PS3

and seeing as the PS3 is getting FFXIII/FFvXIII/MGS4/Ratchet & Clank/DMC4/Tekken 6/White Knight Story this pretty much sums up which console I am getting