PDA

View Full Version : Sora > Sion

Rocket Edge
02-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Don't you think Sion Barzahd out of Square's 'The Bouncer' looks an awful lot like Sora? More-so like an older Sora, but i believe Sora must have been refrenced off this character.

Check it out. Click into the caption 'Sion CG'. (http://www.creativeuncut.com/artbouncer.html)

What do you guys think?

Eiko Guy
02-23-2007, 12:09 AM
I thought that the first time I played. Still do

Craig
02-23-2007, 12:19 AM
Heck yes! It might aswell be him.

Zeromus_X
02-23-2007, 01:08 AM
My friend and I were discussing this a week or so ago. Sion looks like a more awesome version of Sora. But isn't Nomura the character designer for The Bouncer as well?

Tavrobel
02-23-2007, 02:11 AM
My friend and I were discussing this a week or so ago. Sion looks like a more awesome version of Sora. But isn't Nomura the character designer for The Bouncer as well?

Yeah, he was.

Eventually, all of the characters by Nomura look alike. It's a real problem.

Clawsze
02-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Nomura is a plagurist to himself

GF_Diablos
02-23-2007, 11:26 AM
There's only so many styles of spiky hair and oversized shoes you can do :)

Rocket Edge
02-23-2007, 12:06 PM

Yeah, he was.

Eventually, all of the characters by Nomura look alike. It's a real problem.
Thats why it bug's me when they prefer Nomura's work over Amano's.

LunarWeaver
02-23-2007, 11:45 PM
I did definitely think this when I first played Kingdom Hearts 1. Sora is like his baby brother :jess:. But then again, there's a million spikey-haired, brown-haired teenage kids with Sora's exact personality all over anime and J-RPGs, so what can ya do. At least they aren't as bad as Axel and Reeno. Those two look so much alike it's crazytown.

Eiko Guy
02-24-2007, 02:14 AM
Yeah there was something sora had that reminded me of sion. Like his clothes or a chain somewhere that made me think of dogstreet.

Clawsze
02-24-2007, 09:42 AM
I did definitely think this when I first played Kingdom Hearts 1. Sora is like his baby brother :jess:. But then again, there's a million spikey-haired, brown-haired teenage kids with Sora's exact personality all over anime and J-RPGs, so what can ya do. At least they aren't as bad as Axel and Reeno. Those two look so much alike it's crazytown.

That reminds me....if Axel didn't use a million tubs of hair gel to keep his hair all spiky, then give him a ponytail, he would BE Reno.

dragontamer
02-24-2007, 10:53 AM
*sigh* i guess you guys do not draw for a living, do you?

Everyone draws in their own way and it can be very dificult to change it. it could be the eyes, facial features, personality, outfits... the list is endless and unique to only one person. I should know, my manga is living proof (sort of..) of that.

Rocket Edge
02-24-2007, 11:00 AM
*sigh* i guess you guys do not draw for a living, do you?

Everyone draws in their own way and it can be very dificult to change it. it could be the eyes, facial features, personality, outfits... the list is endless and unique to only one person. I should know, my manga is living proof (sort of..) of that.
I draw for a living, and the imagination is endless with creativity.

Eiko Guy
02-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Just because you draw one way doesnt mean that's the only way you can draw. you can switch things around rather easily once you work at it.

dragontamer
02-24-2007, 10:02 PM
agreed. but when it comes down to it, we only try to improve our existing style, it doesnt change completely.

or at least, thats what i belive.

Mirage
02-24-2007, 10:29 PM
More proof that Nomura needs more inspiration and creativity.

And yes, I can say that as much as I want without it being my profession. I am a customer, I am part of their target audience, and I don't think the character designs are creative enough. But sure, 90% of the fanbase is too obsessed with the "brand name" to notice/care.

Eiko Guy
02-24-2007, 11:43 PM
I understand that people like to improve their style. But if you do the same drawings with differnt personalities then it would feel like a carbon copy of someone. I love artist that vary their draawing and make their art look new and refreshed.

Moon Rabbits
02-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Nomura isn't all bad kids, he's just running out of ideas. Look at his older stuff, Edea was pure lovelove<3.

As for Sion = Sora, yes. Yes it is true. I thought about this when I played the Bouncer for the first time (and subsequentially threw it out the window because it sucked).