PDA

View Full Version : Recommend music

Magic Guy
02-23-2007, 01:51 AM
I started a thread like this a long time ago on FFL, and it's how I found some of my favorite music ever.

The idea is to recommend some music. Any music at all that you don't think other people have heard of. Is your friend's friend's cousin the drummer in this bad that rocks? Is one of your favorite rappers unheard of because they refuse to follow mainstream trends? Is this music the weirdest thing you've ever heard? Then spread it around, and maybe suggest a song or two.

I'll start it off by recommending Dog Fashion Disco they just broke up recently, but they are still awesome. It's metal/screamo goes to the circus. I would suggest listening to Pogo the Clown or 100 Suicides.

blim
02-23-2007, 02:01 AM
Here's a few, a number of different styles, some better known than others:

Gong, Chaotic Dischord, Poison Girls, Femmepop, Braindead, Army of Flying robots, Captain Beefheart, Crass, MDC

EDIT: Gogol Bordello, Weather Report (some of it anyway), Iron Maiden (the original band, not the metal band tho they do rock too), Napalm Death, Lawnmower Deth, MC5's, Stan Getz, Bert Jansch, Davey Graham, Roy Harper, Discharge

Momiji
02-23-2007, 02:20 AM
I'd recommend Taking Back Sunday, Hawthorne Heights, Alesana, Nightmare of You, Bright Eyes, Boys Night Out, My Chemical Romance, Death Cab for Cutie, Fall Out Boy, Rise Against, and Chiodos to anyone. ^^

NeoCracker
02-23-2007, 03:49 AM
Franz Ferdinand has a unique sound, and they rock

And no one shoudl go without listening to Rhapsody.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
02-23-2007, 03:55 AM
I'd recommend Taking Back Sunday, Hawthorne Heights, Alesana, Nightmare of You, Bright Eyes, Boys Night Out, My Chemical Romance, Death Cab for Cutie, Fall Out Boy, Rise Against, and Chiodos to anyone. ^^
Listen to him, he knows. :)

..And maybe add Panic! at the Disco to that list. :bigsmile:

GooeyToast
02-23-2007, 03:56 AM
I'll start it off by recommending Dog Fashion Disco they just broke up recently, but they are still awesome. It's metal/screamo goes to the circus. I would suggest listening to Pogo the Clown or 100 Suicides.

Seeing as how you like DFD, I take it you are a Mr. Bungle fan as well? If you haven't listened to them, you should. DFD borrows a lot from them.

For people who are interested in music outside convention, music that doesn't rely on vocals and is unique, I have some bands that might interest you.

Godspeed You Black Emperor - Quite possibly my favorite band. Epic, sweeping instrumental laments.
A Silver Mount Zion - Scaled down, minimal band founded by ex-Godspeeds. Their latest album is fantastic, almost fully lyrical and very profound. Their first is probably the saddest piece of music I've ever heard.
Explosions In The Sky - Hopeful post-rock, very pretty and moving.
65daysofstatic - Off tempo math-rock, very original in sound.
Do Make Say Think - Another great post-rock band.
múm - Otherworldly, beautiful and dreamlike electronica mixed with violins. The vocals are so childish, yet soothing.
Deserts of Traun - Storytelling through music. It's weird, but really good.
m83 - Great electronic band.
Secret Chiefs 3 - Arabian/Classical/Metal/Electronic compositions all encompassed into one. It's incredible stuff.
The Mars Volta - One of the most original bands around right now. Progressive rock doesn't get much better.
Mr. Bungle - Covered more territory with three albums then most bands due throughout their entire catalog. Needless to say there will never be a band quite like them.
Faith No More - Patton's most famous project. They are quality, especially their later albums.
Radiohead - Do I need to elaborate on Radiohead? I think not.
Porcupine Tree - Criminally unknown progressive band from the UK. Very talented song writers.
Sigur Ros - Everyone has probably heard a Sigur Ros song. More beauty from Iceland.

Shine On...
02-23-2007, 04:33 AM

Seeing as how you like DFD, I take it you are a Mr. Bungle fan as well? If you haven't listened to them, you should. DFD borrows a lot from them.

For people who are interested in music outside convention, music that doesn't rely on vocals and is unique, I have some bands that might interest you.

Godspeed You Black Emperor - Quite possibly my favorite band. Epic, sweeping instrumental laments.
A Silver Mount Zion - Scaled down, minimal band founded by ex-Godspeeds. Their latest album is fantastic, almost fully lyrical and very profound. Their first is probably the saddest piece of music I've ever heard.
Explosions In The Sky - Hopeful post-rock, very pretty and moving.
65daysofstatic - Off tempo math-rock, very original in sound.
Do Make Say Think - Another great post-rock band.
múm - Otherworldly, beautiful and dreamlike electronica mixed with violins. The vocals are so childish, yet soothing.
Deserts of Traun - Storytelling through music. It's weird, but really good.
m83 - Great electronic band.
Secret Chiefs 3 - Arabian/Classical/Metal/Electronic composi<b></b>tions all encompassed into one. It's incredible stuff.
The Mars Volta - One of the most original bands around right now. Progressive rock doesn't get much better.
Mr. Bungle - Covered more territory with three albums then most bands due throughout their entire catalog. Needless to say there will never be a band quite like them.
Faith No More - Patton's most famous project. They are quality, especially their later albums.
Radiohead - Do I need to elaborate on Radiohead? I think not.
Porcupine Tree - Criminally unknown progressive band from the UK. Very talented song writers.
Sigur Ros - Everyone has probably heard a Sigur Ros song. More beauty from Iceland.

DANG! GOOEY GOT TO YOU BEFORE ME!
LISTEN TO THE POST THOUGH ITS GOLD!!

Black Mage FF1
02-23-2007, 05:25 AM
Two songs from a bunch of my favorite bands at the moment.

Metal/Hardcore

As Blood Runs Black - "In Dying Days", "My Fears Have Become Phobias"

The Warriors - "Re-Vital-Eyes", "And Yet They Say"

Stick To Your Guns - "Laugh Right Back", "For What It's Worth"

Protest The Hero - "Turn Soonest To The Sea", "Heretics And Killers"

Misery Signals - "The Failsafe", "Sword Of Eyes"

As I Lay Dying - "The Darkest Nights", "Forever"

Haste The Day - "When Everything Falls", "Long Way Down"

Other (For those of you who like taking back sunday, etc, these bands are kinda similar and a lot better IMO.

Meriwether - "Aye Julian", "Machine Gun Baby"

A Change Of Pace - "Shoot From The Hip", "Take Care"

The Spill Canvas - "The Tide", "Self Conclusion"

Say Anything - "Walk Through Hell", "Admit It"

October Fall - "Second Chances", "A Part Of Me"

Downtown Singapore - "What She Said", "Don't Let Your Guard Down"

Copeland - "Love Is A Fast Song", "No One Really Wins"

All Time Low - "Coffee Shop Soundtrack", "Break Out! Break Out!"

Acceptance - "Take Cover", "Different"

Senses Fail - "Sick Or Sane (Fifty For A Twenty)", "Calling All Cars"

Set Your Goals - "Work In Progress", "To Be Continued"

Silverstein - "Smile In Your Sleep", "Discovering The Waterfront"

Nominus Experse
02-23-2007, 06:36 AM
INDUSTRIAL/EBM
:Wumpscut:
Skinny Puppy
Front 242
Ministry
Pig
Pigface
KMFDM
Projekt Pitchfork
Android Lust
NIN (Anything prior to his Fragile album - the rest sucks)
Velvet Acid Christ
Front Line Assembly
Das Ich
Atrocity

INDUSTRIAL METAL
Gravity Kills
Megaherz
Eisbrecher

ELECTRONIC
Assemblage 23
Icon of Coil
Fluke
Prodigy
Propellerheads
The Crystal Method
Funker Vogt
My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult
Razed in Black
Juno Reactor

TRIP-HOP
Massive Attack

AMBIENT ELECTRONIC
Aphex twin
Boards of Canada
The Future Sound of London

DRUM n BASS
Amon Tobin

ACID JAZZ
Portishead

ALTERNATIVE ROCK/JAZZ
Morphine

CELLO ROCK
Rasputina
Apocalyptica

METAL
In Flames
Orphaned Land
Moonsorrow
Dimmu Borgir
Mastodon
Tool
Children of Bodom
Unearth
Opeth
Satyricon
Candlemass
My Dying Bride
Anathema
Fields of the Nephilim
Cradle of Filth
Corrosion of Conformity
Future leaders of the World
Orgy
Spineshank
Type O Negative

GRUNGE
Alice in Chains
Nirvana
Soundgarden
Audioslave

PROGRESSIVE ROCk/METAL
Failure
Isis
Porcupine Tree
The Mars Volta

ROCK
Fu Manchu

ALTERNATIVE ROCK
Bauhaus
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Snake River Conspiracy
Kidneythieves
God Lives Underwater
Genitorturers

PUNK
Flogging Molly
Gogol Bordhello

Dark Cabaret
Dresden Dolls
Revue Noir
Katzenjammer Kabarett

escobert
02-23-2007, 06:00 PM
AZ. One of the most underrated MCs ever. I think he's barely sold 1 million records in 10 years. Still if you ask most rap fans, they know of AZ and know how amazing he is. His flow is just amazing, kind of a mix between Jay-Z and Juelz Santana, but with the knowledge and lyrical powers of Nas and Rakim, KRS, 2pac and many others.

BardTard
02-24-2007, 02:55 AM
Aqua, Toy-Box and Smile.dk
happy dancey techno! Just flat out good and kind of funny music.

Evanescence
really good lyrics most people can relate to. Amy Lee has a beatiful voice and the band as a great sound

Linkin Park
Cus they're cool and sound awesome. Love Crawling.

The Fray and Jewel
you can really feel the lyrics in their songs (I can) and they sound good too. Now I'm done.

Momiji
02-24-2007, 03:11 AM
Listen to him, he knows. :)

..And maybe add Panic! at the Disco to that list. :bigsmile:

Oh, how stupid of me. I forgot! :cry:

Oh, did I mention Nightmare of You? Thought I'd make sure. I love them to death xD

Araciel
02-24-2007, 06:09 AM
dispatch

oh an i heard these guys from england...the BEATLES i think they're called...with an 'A'...apparently they were pretty big in the indie/underground scene a while back...

Crushed Hope
02-24-2007, 06:28 AM
Witchcraft is amazing.

http://www.myspace.com/witchcraftswe :pinkelephant: :pinkelephant: :pinkelephant: :pinkelephant: :pinkelephant: :pinkelephant: :pinkelephant: :pinkelephant: Wee oubj ekenoabts at twi ub tge morning

EDIT: Holy hell, what happened here. I must've been realllllly tired.

Momiji
02-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Two songs from a bunch of my favorite bands at the moment.

Metal/Hardcore

As Blood Runs Black - "In Dying Days", "My Fears Have Become Phobias"

The Warriors - "Re-Vital-Eyes", "And Yet They Say"

Stick To Your Guns - "Laugh Right Back", "For What It's Worth"

Protest The Hero - "Turn Soonest To The Sea", "Heretics And Killers"

Misery Signals - "The Failsafe", "Sword Of Eyes"

As I Lay Dying - "The Darkest Nights", "Forever"

Haste The Day - "When Everything Falls", "Long Way Down"

Other (For those of you who like taking back sunday, etc, these bands are kinda similar and a lot better IMO.

Meriwether - "Aye Julian", "Machine Gun Baby"

A Change Of Pace - "Shoot From The Hip", "Take Care"

The Spill Canvas - "The Tide", "Self Conclusion"

Say Anything - "Walk Through Hell", "Admit It"

October Fall - "Second Chances", "A Part Of Me"

Downtown Singapore - "What She Said", "Don't Let Your Guard Down"

Copeland - "Love Is A Fast Song", "No One Really Wins"

All Time Low - "Coffee Shop Soundtrack", "Break Out! Break Out!"

Acceptance - "Take Cover", "Different"

Senses Fail - "Sick Or Sane (Fifty For A Twenty)", "Calling All Cars"

Set Your Goals - "Work In Progress", "To Be Continued"

Silverstein - "Smile In Your Sleep", "Discovering The Waterfront"

Actually, I prefer Taking Back Sunday to many of those other bands, and not to mention Senses Fail's old songs are so much better than Still Searching, and the songs 'My Heroine', 'Already Dead', and 'Your Sword vs. My Dagger' by Silverstein are good as well.

Again, did I mention Nightmare of You?

McLovin'
02-24-2007, 07:11 PM
SATISFACTION
(http://youtube.com/watch?v=rdSgWz5qPY8)
Scotty Doesn't know. (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1310986688)

charliepanayi
02-24-2007, 07:21 PM
I second most of what GooeyToast put in their post - also I'll pick a few random suggestions which I've mainly gotten into in the last year or so (with recommended albums of the band/singer to try out in brackets):

Yo La Tengo (I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One, I am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass)
Animal Collective (Feels)
The Decemberists (Picaresque, The Crane Wife)
The Wrens (The Meadowlands)
Eels (Electroshock Blues, Blinking Lights and Other Revelations)
Low (Things We Lost in the Fire)
Elbow (Cast of Thousands)
Spiritualized (Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space)
Sufjan Stevens (Seven Swans, Illinois)

Zeldy
02-24-2007, 07:41 PM
GNOME, people do have the right to their own opinion. :]

I suggest this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH0SpLhfoaM&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fprofile%2Emyspace%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ecfm%3Ffuseaction%3Duser%2Eviewprofile%26friendID %3D35200590) and any songs by Bitch Alert, The 69 Eyes and The Rasmus.

XxSephirothxX
02-24-2007, 07:57 PM
I had to listen to the likes of Hawthorne Heights, My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, and dozens of other emo/screamo bands for almost an entire year, as I carpooled with a friend of mine who listened to those bands, and I would have to say it is some of the worst music I've heard in my life. :p The entire culture seems to be based upon conforming to a group in order to be nonconformist, and the music is really representative of that: so much of it sounds far too similar. Of course, people who like it won't agree, but it's not like I could convince anyone of it, since I have little to go on but my own experience.

Anyway, as for music to recommend I don't think many people know about: Of Montreal is a really cool band from Athens, Georgia. Another local band I like a good bit is Venice is Sinking, though they're not nearly as famous. The former is some sort of Indie Pop, I guess, kind of like Neutral Milk Hotel. The latter is more of a rock/alternative band.

Caesars, The Soundtrack of Our Lives, and Poets of the Fall are three rock/alternative rock bands I really like from Europe. They're all pretty unique, though not great enough to achieve any sort of mega-fame. The Caesars had a song in the first, or one of the first, iPod commercials--Jerk It Out.

Levian
02-24-2007, 08:08 PM
Deleted a few posts.

Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion, and their opinion doesn't suck just because you don't share that opinion. So yeah, knock it off.

Carry on. :mog:

I Took the Red Pill
02-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Sufjan Stevens, Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Badly Drawn Boy, Yuri Lane.

I don't know, those are some of my favorite artists that came to the top of my head.

DK
02-24-2007, 08:16 PM
I will second Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Explosions in the Sky from Gooey, and also Moonsorrow because they are great.

Lykathea Aflame are a good band, too. Enslaved are valid, probably my favourite metal band at the moment. Sigh are also great, they do not constrict themselves to genre at all, and experiment in their songs almost on a whim.

Nick Drake is fantastic folk/acoustic guitar music from the seventies. His last album, Pink Moon, is amazing, and one of the best emotive pieces of music I've ever heard, and pretty much pisses on every band out there today trying to claim that they have "demons" that they let out in their music. Utter pap.

Dälek and Early DJ Shadow, (like, Endtroducing..... and The Private Press) are both extremely valid examples of how great hip hop can be when the people making the music don't stick to the conventions and actually PUSH BOUNDARIES and try different things. Endtroducing..... had some of the most atmospheric and beautiful musical soundscapes that I've ever heard in my life. Building Steam with a Grain of Salt still brings the hairs on my neck up.

Then you have Dälek, which sounds like the result you'd get if you took Godspeed You! Black Emperors darkest soundscape moments, put a heavy industrial slant on that and then mixed in a beat and an Emcee. I've never heard anything else like it in my life, it's great.

jrgen
02-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Lykathea Aflame are a good band, too.
Best band mentioned in this thread so far.

daggertrepe
02-24-2007, 10:01 PM
I don't think Many people have heard of Under the Influence of Giants. Very good band, one of my favorites.

Momiji
02-24-2007, 10:16 PM
I don't think Many people have heard of Under the Influence of Giants. Very good band, one of my favorites.

I've heard of them, but I haven't listened to them. Who do they sound like?

Crushed Hope
02-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Lykathea Aflame are a good band, too.
Best band mentioned in this thread so far.

Great band but Witchcraft is better :)

Shoeberto
02-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Early DJ Shadow, (like, Endtroducing..... and The Private Press)
Private Press came out in like '02 to Endtroducing's '96 release, so I dont' think that's so much a recommendation of early DJ Shadow as it is just DJ Shadow himself 8)

Amon Tobin and NWA. Gangsta gangsta!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
02-25-2007, 12:27 AM
I Am Ghost - Gothic Punk

Rise Against - Hardore Punk

Three Days Grace - Alternative Rock

Lucky Boys Confusion - Punk

Children of Bodom - Metal

Spineshank - Metal

Gob - Punk

Hellogoodbye - Power Pop

Zebrahead - Punk

A Kiss Could Be Deadly - ElectroPunk

Lonestar - Country

Yeah. Listen to that stuff. Good is what it is.

DK
02-25-2007, 12:54 AM
Early DJ Shadow, (like, Endtroducing..... and The Private Press)
Private Press came out in like '02 to Endtroducing's '96 release, so I dont' think that's so much a recommendation of early DJ Shadow as it is just DJ Shadow himself 8)

Fair call. Those two being standout examples, rather than The Outsider, then.

kikimm
02-25-2007, 01:10 AM
I agree with a lot of what Dan said. And yeah, Under the Influence of Giants is pretty good too. Although I think they're only real good song is Mama's Room.

I'll go ahead and recommend Medeski Martin & Wood's End of the World Party (Just In Case) CD. I thought it was really interesting stuff. I might even go as far as to say...neato.

Shine On...
02-25-2007, 07:21 AM
- Do Make Say Think (Especially their new album)
- Les Georges Leningrad (Their latest is a serious art rock acid trip)
- Russian Circles (Great metal riffage, people reccommend them for a reason)
- Destroyer (Destroyer's Rubies is fantastic)
- Sunset Rubdown (Awesome alternative/indie featuring Spencer Krug from Wolf Parade)
- Andrew Bird (Super-Folk-Pop that is sure to get you dancin' or depressed)

Thats all I can think of off of the top of my head, but I'll add more later

Crushed Hope
02-25-2007, 05:47 PM
- Russian Circles (Great metal riffage, people reccommend them for a reason)

Yes, fantastic post-rock. One of the most interesting post-rock bands around mostly due to their riffage.

Nifleheim7
02-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Ms gentur
Winterkalte
Hypnoskull
Imminent Starvation
P.A.L.
Sona Eact
Sonar
Monolith
Converter

You might also want to check some ambient bands like
Forma Tadre
Black Lung
and especially
Bad Sector

Shine On...
02-27-2007, 02:31 AM
- Russian Circles (Great metal riffage, people recommend them for a reason)

Yes, fantastic post-rock. One of the most interesting post-rock bands around mostly due to their riffage.

the word riffage = Crushed love :love:

And to the above poster: Monolithe is simply epic. :)

Cruise Control
02-27-2007, 02:33 AM
www.pandora.com

Bloodline666
02-27-2007, 03:53 AM
If you want some heavy stuff, then I recommend Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth, Forbidden, Lamb Of God, Hammerfall, The Autumn Offering, Bury Your Dead, Sick Of It All, Hatebreed, Overkill, Arch Enemy, Death Angel, Machine Head, and Children Of Bodom.

Mirage
02-27-2007, 07:23 AM
Lots of good music in this thread. You guys who like DJ Shadow might like RJD2 as well.

Many of those I like the best have already been mentioned but I'll just repeat them to put emphasis on them.

M83
65daysofstatic
Explosions in the sky
Boards of Canada
No need to describe these, as they have already been described.

For some unmentioned stuff, I'll recommend the following, but I'm not very good with specific sub-genres so don't go bananas if I got it wrong

Crime in Choir - Alternative rock with some saxophone stuff, sounds cool.

Vangelis - Mostly slow-tempo synthesizer music. Very relaxing, and it often makes me drift away~

Futuristic Sex Robots - Nerd rappers rapping about nerd stuff. I find them amusing, and their album isn't bad, considering it isn't done in a professional studio. They also release their music for free on their web site. Contains explicit lyrics though, so be warned.

Machinae Supermacy - Swedish prog. metal with "chiptunes". The lyrics are often about video game stuff, but sometimes include pop culture references, like from Aliens or the Matrix. A lot of their music is also downloadable from their web site (http://machinaesupremacy.com).

Cuchulainn
02-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Alias & Tarsier. Buy it. Own It. Love it.

I Don't Need A Name
02-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Paramore - Pop Punk - Female vocals
Alexisonfire - Alternative/screamo
Slipknot...yeah you all know em :D
Reuben - Alternative Rock

Peter_20
02-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Edvard Grieg - "Morning Mood"

Personally I think it's the most beautiful piece of classic music ever written.

Momiji
02-28-2007, 02:56 AM
Paramore - Pop Punk - Female vocals
Alexisonfire - Alternative/screamo
Slipknot...yeah you all know em :D
Reuben - Alternative Rock

I like Paramore and Alexisonfire. Never heard of Reuben, and never cared for Slipknot.

I Don't Need A Name
02-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Reuben are ace
Enter Shikari - Trance/alternative/screamo...amazing
has anyone mentioned Yellowcard yet!?

Rocket Edge
02-28-2007, 07:31 PM
I'll name a couple that i have access too, for you to see:

1. Nothing But You - Paul Van Dyk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kTAnnimhy0)
2. You're Not Alone - ATB (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlG3Zk-QNcg)

Spatvark
02-28-2007, 07:57 PM
*doesn't keep up with music too well*

Hot Water Music
Post-hardcore from Gainesville, Florida, these guys can take a bit of getting used to, since their music can come off as somewhat reserved, but I just really love these guys.
Picks: Bleeder (Cover of an Alkaline Trio song, from a split EP they did together), Wayfarer (The Punk-O-Rama 7 version)

The Weakerthans
I've not listened to a lot of their stuff, but every one I have I've loved.
Picks: Plea from a Cat Called Virtue

YUI
A relatively new J-Pop artist, she's actually really quite good. Focusing on her guitar playing and vocals, her work comes across as quite subdued compared to the typical frenetics of most J-Pop artists, and it's really quite refreshing because of it.
Picks: Blue Wind, Just my way, Rolling star

HORSE the Band
In some ways, I guess they're kind of similar to Machinae Supremacy in that they use synthesisers to recreate NES sounds in their music, but they don't do many songs about game characters. What they are though is hilarious. The vocals are rough and far from the greatest, but the music is excellent and they're a lot of fun to listen to.
Picks: A Rusty Glove, Birdo, Bunnies, Cutsman

Jecano
A very small band based in England, Jecano are utterly rocking. Awesome vocals and fat guitar riffs dominate their music, and they're pretty awesome live too. I just wish they'd get their first album out already. All of the songs from their first three releases are available to download from their site, http://www.jecanorock.com/
Picks: Hilltop Hanging, Tyrewall, Ultimate Jedi Death Move

ORIGA
Russian singer, based in Japan, I honestly think she's the best vocalist around today. She's garnered recent attention for singing the opening themes for all of the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series (GitS:SAC, 2nd GIG and SSS), but has been recording for well over a decade now.
Picks: Tersicore, There Must Be an Angel, 我が心のマリア (Maria)

escobert
02-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Also I've been listening to a lot of Damian Marley. His 'Welcome to Jamrock' CD is awesome imo.

Cruise Control
02-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Fan 3

Shine On...
03-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Reuben are ace
Enter Shikari - Trance/alternative/screamo...amazing
has anyone mentioned Yellowcard yet!?

I don't think that anyone has mentioned Yellowcard, and for good reason... :rolleyes2

Also, Enter Shikari are terrible... Just a terrible band with awful songwriting, and musicianship. Everyone thinks 'ZOMG THEY ARE SO HARDCORE/UNDERGROUND!' but they just are plain bad.

A band 1000x better that you should look into instead of Enter Shikari though, is Test Icicles. Their CD 'For Screening Purposes Only...' is a grand adventure. (They are similar to Enter Shikari, but WAAAAAYYY better.)

*doesn't keep up with music too well*

HORSE the Band
In some ways, I guess they're kind of similar to Machinae Supremacy in that they use synthesisers to recreate NES sounds in their music, but they don't do many songs about game characters. What they are though is hilarious. The vocals are rough and far from the greatest, but the music is excellent and they're a lot of fun to listen to.
Picks: A Rusty Glove, Birdo, Bunnies, Cutsman

HORSE the Band are utterly amazing. ;)

Hambone
03-01-2007, 02:17 AM
Jacqueline du Pre. Elgar cello concerto in E Minor. First Movement. Listen to it. You'll cry if you listen to just the first movement. You said to recommend any music.

oddler
03-01-2007, 02:30 AM
I don't think that anyone has mentioned Yellowcard, and for good reason... :rolleyes2

Hush. :p