PDA

View Full Version : A thread about not god.

Yamaneko
02-23-2007, 04:06 AM
Over the past couple of months the Eyes on staff has been consistently questioned by a certain individual about the status of his usergroup and inquiry made into perhaps a promotion being allowed, all based on this individuals past work with the community. The person I speak of is the good (?) Dr Unne, of course and recently these requests for adminiship have landed on my doorstop so to speak. Rather than ignore it like I usually do with most asinine requests requiring me to fire neurons, I indulged this Unne fellow and listened to his story. From what I have gathered between these private (not so much) sessions with the doctor, I can only describe as... well, let us just say I have a newfound respect for whatever retirement home houses him and his deranged rantings.

We used to have an unofficial policy among the staff, old and new, that Brian "Carpie" Carper was the only member of the Eyes on community that could really come and go from staff as he so wished, but the legitimacy of that, albeit ambiguous policy was questioned some while ago and for the most part we (not me, but they) have lived with the decision to scrap it. It also came at a good time because this former administrator looked to have sung his last song and hung up his lab coat in exchange for periodically going to Canada and scaring some Russian lady into giving him shelter from the polar bears. But it seems we were all terribly mistaken because now this Carpie is back and he smells the sweet scent of opportunity and it looks like he wants the banstick back.

Like I mentioned earlier, the decision was laid before the Eyes on staff in a thread, not so cleverly titled, "A thread about Unne". Former policy conveniently missing, two-hundred and fifty posts into it and nothing was really decided on, so we decided to not decide anything and hope the old man would move on. Not so, because today I receive another set of private messages inquiring into the status of his request, and once again I was forced to dance around the subject. But enough is enough I say and I believe it should be decided once and for all, by YOU, the mediocre guys and gals of the Eyes on community. The fate of one man's free time hangs in the balance. Do you set the good doctor free by stopping his request for adminship? Or do you damn him to an eternity of endless name change requests and template modifications?

Do you want Dr Unne back on the Eyes on staff?*

*Your collective decision will not be honored.

Raistlin
02-23-2007, 04:21 AM
I say admin him, but make him call carbonated drinks "soda" first!

XxSephirothxX
02-23-2007, 04:23 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Dr Unne is already on staff. ;)

NeoCracker
02-23-2007, 04:34 AM
So long as Unne refuses to convert to a Sodder(Person who says soda) and remain a Popper(Person who says Soda) then staff him.

I Took the Red Pill
02-23-2007, 04:47 AM
I say go for it.

Martyr
02-23-2007, 04:49 AM
What's the major consequence?

Samuraid
02-23-2007, 05:11 AM
What a truly ambiguous poll. Is Carper over a coal fire a good or bad thing?

oddler
02-23-2007, 05:12 AM
Soda / Carrots.

Agrias
02-23-2007, 05:26 AM
why not i say! unless it turns out he's actually going to destroy the world...in which case..i'd say call superman...or cloud..:\

Citizen Bleys
02-23-2007, 05:32 AM
Unne is an integral part of EoFF and has been since the very beginning. He's really in charge whether you give him a silver title or not. Also, he wasn't fired from staff, he stepped down of his own accord. The position his his, rightfully.

oddler
02-23-2007, 05:35 AM
I agree. Even though I have no idea what I'm talking about.

The position his his, rightfully.

Yamaneko
02-23-2007, 05:36 AM
Oh, you want back in do you, Bleys? OK, I'll get right on it.

edczxcvbnm
02-23-2007, 06:06 AM
NO! NEVER AGAIN! I almost threw a party when he stepped down. My EoFF arch enemy on the staff no longer had power but just mear sway. Not really but I still say no :P

I want Bleys back though. He was fun :D

Madonna
02-23-2007, 06:22 AM
Energizer Plushiebunny should be re-instated as well.

Citizen Bleys
02-23-2007, 07:57 AM
*chuckles*

I resigned two steps ahead of being fired. Unne and I aren't even in the same league.

nik0tine
02-23-2007, 08:04 AM
The last thing we need is another staff member.

Christmas
02-23-2007, 08:21 AM
I think it will be more fun if we seek out the one and only person that vote NO in that poll currently. :bigsmile:

Levian
02-23-2007, 08:28 AM
Hey, let's move that thread to General Chat. That would be fun.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-23-2007, 09:43 AM
I say we just spam his usernotes

escobert
02-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Make up your damn mind Unne.

Madame Adequate
02-23-2007, 10:28 AM
You haven't opened a window on democracy here, you've opened the floodgates.

The torrent will sweep away the old oligarchy. Liberty and the just rule of those who we elect is only months, if not weeks, away.

You know not what you have unleashed.

NeoCracker
02-23-2007, 10:31 AM
He has unleashed the prophecy My dear Milf. The flood shall come and a new Era of EoFF shall begin, an era in which none of us shall be safe when Chaos.Prophecy.Crash and PiP return and claim their place on the throne.

Rocket Edge
02-23-2007, 12:39 PM
Unne is an integral part of EoFF and has been since the very beginning. He's really in charge whether you give him a silver title or not. Also, he wasn't fired from staff, he stepped down of his own accord. The posi<b></b>tion his his, rightfully.
100%

I say give Dr. Unne the badge he deserves.

edczxcvbnm
02-23-2007, 01:25 PM
I think it will be more fun if we seek out the one and only person that vote NO in that poll currently. :bigsmile:

This really isn't a mystery for anyone who has been around long enough :shifty:

Fonzie
02-23-2007, 01:29 PM
He gets The Fonz's vote :cool:

Edit:

Wow, I was a gimmick user at the beginning. :(

Cz
02-23-2007, 01:46 PM
I thought this had already happened. Oh well. *votes Soda/Carrots*

Rye
02-23-2007, 02:03 PM
I say admin him, but make him call carbonated drinks "soda" first!

Get over yourself and your carbonated drink label fetish and leave Brian alone. >:[ *thwap*

Yeah, he's pretty much already a member of the staff. I can hardly tell the difference anymore. :p

Gullick
02-23-2007, 03:01 PM
He gets two thumps up and a badly drawn badge from me :D

-Gull-

CimminyCricket
02-23-2007, 03:38 PM
I thought he was already an Admin... He sure seems as though he is, if he isn't now he should be. Do it. Do it or I'll get a large number of your peers to pressure you into it.

Baloki
02-23-2007, 04:55 PM
*Your collective decision will not be honored.

Old Manus
02-23-2007, 05:42 PM
I wanted this thread to be about God.

NeoCracker
02-23-2007, 05:47 PM
I wanted this thread to be about God.

Just pretend Unne is god,

Peegee
02-23-2007, 05:58 PM
I don't see why not. Brian and Leeza are the only two people I trust 100% to never abuse their power, and even if they did, it would be in a tasteful jesting manner (and therefore okay).

I don't even know why this is a topic of discussion. I thought it was understood that Dr Unne can do whatever he wants around here....

Citizen Bleys
02-23-2007, 06:00 PM

"Democracy," as it's practiced today, is not in fact "rule by the many" as the name suggests, but racher "rule by bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:." Just look at any political campaign.

An oligarchy can rule by bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: just as well as any "elected" (i.e. chosen by special interest groups and lobbyists) body can. Take as an example the Roman Senate.

Peegee
02-23-2007, 06:09 PM

"Democracy," as it's practiced today, is not in fact "rule by the many" as the name suggests, but racher "rule by bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:." Just look at any political campaign.

An oligarchy can rule by bull just as well as any "elected" (i.e. chosen by special interest groups and lobbyists) body can. Take as an example the Roman Senate.

Honestly we should just forget all of the euphemisms and just elect a philospher king tyrant. I nominate Brian.

Doomie
02-23-2007, 07:33 PM
I voted no for controversy. He's a cool admin, though.

EDIT: I accident'y typed coold instead of cool. OH THE IRONY.

Madame Adequate
02-23-2007, 07:41 PM

An oligarchy can rule by bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: just as well as any "elected" (i.e. chosen by special interest groups and lobbyists) body can. Take as an example the Roman Senate.

Well bah humbug to you and your pessimism!

Citizen Bleys
02-23-2007, 08:36 PM
I aim to please. /bow

Dr Unne
02-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Unne is an integral part of EoFF and has been since the very beginning. He's really in charge whether you give him a silver title or not. Also, he wasn't fired from staff, he stepped down of his own accord. The posi<b></b>tion his his, rightfully.

Last time I quit I was a big fat jerk about it. I think the current staff demands my blood in payment.

Loony BoB
02-24-2007, 12:30 AM
I just find it funny that people think he won't abuse his power and trust him "100%" not to do so. Some people have no clue.

If he is made admin, I will resign. I'm only saying this to make things interesting because so far the results of this thread have had little real debate going on. I'm not around much anymore anyway, though. Maybe if Unne steps up then... hmm. Shlup will resign! There we go. But probably more likely me, mostly out of coincidence.

I'm still not here, shh.

Tavrobel
02-24-2007, 12:32 AM
Maybe if Unne steps up then... hmm. Shlup will resign! There we go.

Now that's a solution everyone can agree with!

Dr Unne
02-24-2007, 12:42 AM
People have no clue about what?

Iceglow
02-24-2007, 01:04 AM
What you are truly like Unne XD We know you!!!!!!

*votes soda/carrots.

rubah
02-24-2007, 02:40 AM
I haven't gotten my origami yet.

By your blood, I mean I will paper cut you. Unless you're immune to it, you little papermeister :O

Dr Unne
02-24-2007, 02:45 AM
I am seriously going to try very hard to finish it this weekend. I can take pictures of the big old heap of it sitting on my desk to prove that I haven't forgotten. I'm just trying to wait to finish everyone's so I can mail it all at once.

Xaven
02-24-2007, 02:49 AM
Sure, go for it Unne.

Soda > Pop

And Mr. Towns, you've never left in spirit. :O

Raistlin
02-24-2007, 03:01 AM
People believe Unne won't abuse his admin powers? Ahahahahahaha

How quickly people forget the time Bri-dog banned everyone with an Unne avatar (like 50 people) or the time when he gave several people who kept their Unne avatars big absurd avatars instead (I got a donkey! :D).

Xaven
02-24-2007, 03:10 AM
I 'trust' Roogle and Samuraid more than I do Dr Unne. :O

rubah
02-24-2007, 03:15 AM
I am seriously going to try very hard to finish it this weekend. I can take pictures of the big old heap of it sitting on my desk to prove that I haven't forgotten. I'm just trying to wait to finish everyone's so I can mail it all at once.

I think I enjoy being able to torment you about it than actually getting it, really. That is, if you don't mind!

ljkkjlcm9
02-24-2007, 03:36 AM
if someone was staff and stepped down, they gave up the position and no longer deserve it. If you really need someone for staff, consider/find someone knew.

THE JACKEL

Christmas
02-24-2007, 03:39 AM
I say we unban Devil Man and admin him for great justice. :bigsmile:

Citizen Bleys
02-24-2007, 06:52 AM
if someone was staff and stepped down, they gave up the posi<b></b>tion and no longer deserve it. If you really need someone for staff, consider/find someone knew.

THE JACKAL

*rolleyes*

Yeah, because stepping down completely erases everything done to deserve a staff position in the first place.

Unne has done more for EoFF than any 100 members combined. He got weary of being staff--unsurprising, since power and freedom are mutually exclusive--and stepped down. If he's willing to assume power once again, let him have it.

I 'trust' Roogle and Samuraid more than I do Dr Unne. :O

Unne "abusing" his admin powers is the main reason I want to see him back on staff.

As for Roogle and Samuraid, I think their track records speak for themselves. When I first got weary of being staff, I didn't step down because I was worried that the staff at the time didn't have the technical expertise to do the same things I did. I finally stepped down when I had enough confidence in cl_out, and Samuraid is every bit as technically able--he's certainly more skilled than I. I completely approve of cl_out and Samuraid as my successors on the technical side of EoFF. And though I often didn't see eye-to-eye on a lot of things with Roo while we were on staff together, I think in retrospect that he's done his duties admirably in the intervening years.

Yamaneko
02-24-2007, 07:27 AM
People like to think Unne did a lot for this community, but really he just yelled at us for being terrible human beings.

p.s. FF1 sucks

Citizen Bleys
02-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Yams, you're an ass. I guess that expalins the smell, though.

Yamaneko
02-24-2007, 08:49 AM
That stench is from those old socks you left hanging on my bed frame.

Citizen Bleys
02-24-2007, 08:51 AM
"Socks," he says. Heh, heh, heh. Nice euphemism.

Del Murder
02-24-2007, 09:10 AM
I've never heard of this Dr Unne.

Baloki
02-24-2007, 09:57 AM
If he is made admin, I will resign.

I think it's about time I pulled some strings ^_^

theundeadhero
02-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Kill/Ban him. You'll never have to worry about him asking again.

Leeza
02-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Polar bears? Spoken like a true Californian who has his head stuck in the beach sand. :)

Dr Unne
02-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Give me a month of admin probation and if anyone hates me, you can put me to death. Or kick me off, one or the other.

GNOME
02-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Give him a month of admin probation and if anyone hates him, you can put him to death. Or kick him off, one or the other.

Christmas
02-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Give the poster that made the #61 post a month of admin probation and if anyone hates him, you can put him to death. Or kick him off, one or the other.

Laddy
02-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Give a certain doctor a month of admin probation and if anyone hates him, you can put him to death or kick him off.

GNOME
02-24-2007, 03:54 PM
Give a certain doctor a month of admin probation and if anyone hates him, you can put him to death or kick him off.
You destroyed the whole chain already by not using the exact quote and replacing "me" with "him".

Denmark
02-24-2007, 04:38 PM
I say yes. it's fun.

Citizen Bleys
02-24-2007, 05:12 PM
I still haven't heard any campaign promises.

BRING BACK THE ATTACK BUTTON!

ljkkjlcm9
02-24-2007, 07:02 PM
if someone was staff and stepped down, they gave up the posi<b></b>tion and no longer deserve it. If you really need someone for staff, consider/find someone knew.

THE JACK</>EL

*rolleyes*

Yeah, because stepping down completely erases everything done to deserve a staff position in the first place.

Yeah? Try stepping down from a position anywhere. As soon as the offer was made to you and it's turned down, or as soon as you step down, they find a replacement. You LOST the position, regardless of how much you "deserve" it. And apparently he was a real arse about it too, he said that much himself. He doesn't deserve to be back on staff. What NEW thing has he done to earn the spot once again? You can't rely on the same crap that got him there in the first place. He had to have done something new.

THE JACK</>EL

Citizen Bleys
02-24-2007, 07:14 PM
as soon as you step down, they find a replacement.

Aye, in the working world, where a manager has X number of jobs they have to fill within X period of time, and it's a paid position, that does happen. The size of the EoFF staff has always been variable, and since it's an unpaid position, it doesn't cost anything to add new members, so anyone with anything of value to contribute can be "hired" without cost.

Likewise, if you quit a job for any reason--moving away, for example, and later down the road, the same position you vacated earlier becomes available again, an applicant who has experience in that position immediately becomes preferred over some hotshot fresh out of college. The company knows that you can do the job and they don't have to re-train you. When you quit a job, they don't take away your high school and college diplomas and require that you go through school again before reapplying.

ljkkjlcm9
02-24-2007, 07:46 PM
of course, it all depends on the reason you stepped down in the first place. If you stepped down because you didn't feel like doing the work, and were a complete arse about it, no I don't want you to have the job back, regardless. If you stepped down because of things beyond your control, well that's different. In this situation, it's the first one, it seems.

THE JACK</>EL

bipper
02-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Oh, he wasn't already an admin? No wonder I ain't banned.

oddler
02-24-2007, 08:22 PM
I stepped down from my management posi<b></b>tion because I was thinking about moving. I didn't move and the company gave me my old posi<b></b>tion.

And a raise.

It does happen, JACK</>EL.

Quindiana Jones
02-24-2007, 09:23 PM
As usual, I act very immaturely and select the one option that has no relation to the question being asked.

ljkkjlcm9
02-24-2007, 09:39 PM
I stepped down from my management posi<b></b>tion because I was thinking about moving. I didn't move and the company gave me my old posi<b></b>tion.

And a raise.

It does happen, JACK</>EL.

and it you read my most recent post, you'd see that I said there are exceptions, but in this case, it seems he was an ass about stepping down and such, and prolly doesn't deserve the posi<b></b>tion back.

THE JACK</>EL

oddler
02-24-2007, 09:59 PM
'K. :)

Dr Unne
02-24-2007, 10:30 PM
*sigh*

Also I'm amazed how many people thought I was already on staff. I didn't know I was such a mod-whore. Unless people are exaggerating.

Shlup
02-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Last time I quit I was a big fat jerk about it. I think the current staff demands my blood in payment.

This is true.

If he is made admin, I will resign. I'm only saying this to make things interesting because so far the results of this thread have had little real debate going on. I'm not around much anymore anyway, though.

This is a lie. He doesn't have the balls.

Maybe if Unne steps up then... hmm. Shlup will resign! There we go.

Now that's just silly. If I resign straight off how would we do battle?

I say we unban Devil Man and admin him for great justice. :bigsmile:

That's what I said, but they all ignored me.

Madonna
02-24-2007, 11:35 PM
*sigh*

Also I'm amazed how many people thought I was already on staff. I didn't know I was such a mod-whore. Unless people are exaggerating.What?! You did not know that Dr Unne was a mod-whore?

DK
02-25-2007, 01:38 AM
I say you should bury the old relic underground so he can socialize with all the other fossils. Really, EoFF is a thriving community moving forward! It has more Admins at the moment than I can ever remember it having. (Although, my memory is highly faulty.)

EoFF does not need Dr Unne. Put him to pasture. :)

Edit: Or make him Site Staff. His reaction would be worth it.

Really though. Why bother? Who needs Unne? Not us. :hahaha:

eestlinc
02-25-2007, 09:40 AM
I wonder what Catherine Carper thinks of all this.

bipper
02-25-2007, 02:54 PM
*sigh*

Also I'm amazed how many people thought I was already on staff. I didn't know I was such a mod-whore. Unless people are exaggerating.

Yeah, I was totally exaggerating. It is just your lack of a soul that makes you seem meta-adminish.

Psychotic
02-25-2007, 09:14 PM
I told Unne he had to write me a poem before I would even consider this idea. He still hasn't written me one.

Miriel
02-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I'm still waiting for my sandwich. :mad2:

Fonzie
02-25-2007, 09:26 PM
*deletes old post*

:(

Citizen Bleys
02-25-2007, 09:54 PM
OK, as I see it, there's 2 possibilities:

1) The staff has already decided to give Unne his job back, and Yams made this thread to have some fun with the kiddies

2) The staff has already decided not to give Unne his job back, and Yams made this thread to torment Unne like the giant raving arsecracker he truly is.

Point: Yams = Stalin.

*pats Unne on the back*

Sorry 'bout your luck, bro, it would have been good to have you back.

EDIT: By giant raving arsecracker, I meant Yams, not Unne. Unne is more of a medium-sized, slavering guttersnipe.

EDIT2: Third possibility: They haven't actually made up their minds, in which case I still managed to get an awesome cheap shot in on Yams, so everyone wins. Except Yams.

Yamaneko
02-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Or maybe I did it to torment you, knowing how strong the BleysxUnne luv luv is. I guess we'll never know now.

Citizen Bleys
02-25-2007, 10:02 PM
But princess, you must know I can love only you

Dr Unne
02-25-2007, 10:02 PM
I told Unne he had to write me a poem before I would even consider this idea. He still hasn't written me one.<em>Psychotic, today's a good day
to make Dr Unne an administra
tor.</em>

There comes a point when adding a single brushtroke to a painting or a single letter to a poem will only diminish it. I wanted to write a longer poem, but I hit that limit very early. Them's the breaks.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for my sandwich. You wouldn't give me your address. I believe your mommy was involved. I can't be held accountable.

OK, as I see it, there's 2 possibilities:

The third possibility is that the staff is sitting on the fence, and no one will definitively say yes OR no. That's closer to the truth, I think. Everyone is too busy lallygagging and pussyfooting around in the staff forum.

This is perhaps the dirtiest-sounding post I've ever made in spite of a lack of anything that's actually profane. I tried hard to work the word "niggardly" in there too but I couldn't pull it off.

Yamaneko
02-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Well you could always tear into ed again. I know some people didn't like that, but I'd be more than happy to look the other way.

Citizen Bleys
02-25-2007, 11:26 PM
As long as we're coming up with ridiculous tasks for Unne to perform to earn his administratorship, I'd really like to see him write a screenplay for an all-midget musical comedy based on the actual events of the Battle of Agincourt.

Dr Unne
02-25-2007, 11:38 PM
As long as we're coming up with ridiculous tasks for Unne to perform to earn his administratorship, I'd really like to see him write a screenplay for an all-midget musical comedy based on the actual events of the Battle of Agincourt.

After last time, I promised myself I'd never do that again. I may be willing to part with photographs if the price is right.

Citizen Bleys
02-25-2007, 11:52 PM
But, muffin!

Raistlin
02-26-2007, 12:24 AM
If we get photographs of Bri-dog, we should have another Draw Dr Unne competition. :D

And then we need to make him use one of Lynx's Unne avatars. Like the ballerina Unne!

Madame Adequate
02-26-2007, 12:30 AM
But, muffin pookie!

Rye
02-26-2007, 12:34 AM
If we get photographs of Bri-dog, we should have another Draw Dr Unne competition. :D

And you guys call ME crazy?!

Tavrobel
02-26-2007, 12:58 AM

And you guys call ME crazy?!

That's just one crazy idea from them, compared to your little walk-in closet.

Madonna
02-26-2007, 03:54 AM
Making Unne use an obnoxious Unne avatar would be more appealing than having him be an administrator.

I have yet to hear his arguments for resuming his position.

Raistlin
02-26-2007, 05:40 AM
http://www.akusui.net/_lynxoma/_leech/_unne/unne_cabaret02.gif

Make Unne use that. :D

Loony BoB
02-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Psy got a poem! That's it, Unne has to sing to win my favour. He has to sing either an Usher song or a Britney Spears song (at least one chorus and two verses), record it to a file and post the file so we can all hear it.

Dr Unne
02-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Yes, why don't I post a video of myself dancing through the streets in a tu-tu while I'm at it? Then you can make me eat bugs and stuff. Then blindfold me and everyone take turns beating me with a stick.

Levian
02-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Now we're talking :mog:

Christmas
02-26-2007, 03:17 PM
To become a staff is pretty tough nowadays. :(

CimminyCricket
02-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Yes, why don't I post a video of myself dancing through the streets in a tu-tu while I'm at it? Then you can make me eat bugs and stuff. Then blindfold me and everyone take turns beating me with a stick.

that'd be very entertaining.

Baloki
02-26-2007, 03:52 PM
To become a staff is pretty tough nowadays. :(

No, re-becoming a staff is tough, becoming a staff is easy, just take the fact Lev and Psy got CK'd. Now the trials they put SS through...

Citizen Bleys
02-26-2007, 06:27 PM

That's what happens after you join the staff. Every day.

EDIT: Forgot about the part where they treat you for syphilis, whether or not you actually have syphilis. I hope you're not allergic to penicillin.

theundeadhero
02-27-2007, 05:05 PM
To become a staff member you should have to provide photographic proof that you use fabric softener.

Peegee
02-27-2007, 05:44 PM
All I know is that if you ask to be a staffer you will never be one.

With that said, I nominate Rye.

Dr Unne
02-27-2007, 07:25 PM
I wouldn't have asked except that I was told that that rule didn't apply to me. Then it turns out it potentially does. Which is fine.

So far as my "arguments for resuming my posi<b></b>tion", I want to be on staff again because EoFF is a nice place to be a lot of the time, a fact I had largely forgotten over the years. Staff here is a nice group of people and it's a group I'd enjoy being a part of again. And I like to feel productive. And I'm a control freak. Most of the "issues" I had when an admin in the past prevented me from enjoying it and taking full advantage of it, and now that I've moved past those "issues" I'd like to give it another try. Those are reasons why I want it; why (and whether) I deserve it is up to someone else to decide, but I think I'm non-dumb enough to help out around here in many capacities.

Lastly I think it's gotten rather boring here lately and I could certainly help make things less boring, by any means necessary. I thought maybe Shlup would spice things up a bit but she's mellowed in her old age, seemingly. Whereas I have grown more ruthless and more imaginative in subtle yet devastating ways. (That is a joke, for those unable to tell. ......or is it?)

All I'd really like is a yes or a no, rather than an unending echoing silence from the staff. So far, I'm not allowed to know who in staff approves of me and who doesn't, or why they do or why they don't, or whether they're leaning yes or no as a group, or whether they're even still talking about it. Which is largely fine; staff business is none of my business. I guess it's also fine if everyone on staff thinks I don't deserve an answer at all, but I'd rather enjoy an answer if one is available.

In my past experience (and this may no longer be true) staff worked by consensus. When a consensus couldn't be formed on a question, the question would be left unresolved forever until someone or something brought it again to everyone's attention. I'm guessing that's what's going on with me right now to some degree. If I raise enough of a stink, it'll force someone to make a decision eventually. If only to force a "no" by annoying everyone to death. That would be preferable to silence.

Citizen Bleys
02-27-2007, 07:34 PM
I guess it's also fine if everyone on staff thinks I don't deserve an answer at all

Fine? That's what is colloquially known as a "kick in the junk," Unne. Of course, EoFF staff is pretty good at that, which is the majority of the reason why I'm not right up there with you asking for my old berth back in spite of how much I miss the camraderie.

Dr Unne
02-27-2007, 07:39 PM
I quit last time essentially without giving anyone a reason. It would be fitting for them not to give me a reason now.

Citizen Bleys
02-27-2007, 07:43 PM
I never mentioned a reason, only an answer. You'd have to take the "reason" with a grain of salt anyways, since it would have passed through enough political and rhetorical filters between the original thought and the words it was put into that you'd never be able to tell what was really meant anyways. They'd give you a paragraph of nonsense when the original reason was "The leprechauns who tell me to burn things say that Unne is the Devil."

Also, considering that staff jobs are unpaid, volunteer work, "I don't want to do this anymore" is a perfectly valid and unassailable reason to quit.

Shlup
02-27-2007, 07:51 PM
I thought maybe Shlup would spice things up a bit but she's mellowed in her old age, seemingly.
They yell at me now. :(

Uhh... I guess all that stuff I typed here should probably be PM'd.

Raistlin
02-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Well, I whole-heartedly endorse the Unne for Admin crowd (two people). I realize that this will irrevocably ruin Unne's chances for admin, but that's the risk. I doubt it's because of any worry of Unne telling me stuff, but moreso just Shlup unwilling to do anything I want, which doesn't stem at all from her unrequited idolization of me (going so far as to also have an 8-year-old sister, which begs the question of what <i>won't</i> she do?). What were we talking about again?

Shlup
02-27-2007, 08:15 PM
We were talking about how long it's been since the last time I banned you and then forgot about it.

Dr Unne
02-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Yams told me the final answer is "no", so this thread can be closed now if you'd like. Thank you for the answer.

Iceglow
02-27-2007, 08:21 PM
In all seriousness I see where Unne is comming from, no answer is the worst thing.

Lol Bley's that has to be the best reason ever for not wanting Unne to be an admin.

Yamaneko
02-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Yams told me the final answer is "no", so this thread can be closed now if you'd like. Thank you for the answer.
:(

Shlup
02-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Am I the only one who feels like they just kicked a puppy?

Yamaneko
02-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Hence the :(

Raistlin
02-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Damn you people. Now I no longer have a pretense for a campaign.

Of course, that's never stopped me before.

Citizen Bleys
02-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Christ, guys. You could have just told him to piss off at the outset, instead of jerking him around for 2 weeks. Pretty low thing to do to a man who did so much for this place in his tenure here.

This is a new low from the people who brought you this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71) and continue to this day to show it off like some sort of prize trophy.

What ever happened to the Eyes On Final Fantasy I was proud to be a part of?

Yamaneko
02-27-2007, 08:44 PM
We had a musical and jumped the shark.

Shlup
02-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Are you just looking for any reason you can find to be a little bitch, Bleys?

It's called "discussion," and we are allowed to have it in the Staff Forum. We told him not to get his hopes up, but we have been discussing it for two weeks. Now we're done discussing it.

Dr Unne
02-27-2007, 08:48 PM
What ever happened to the Eyes On Final Fantasy I was proud to be a part of?

I was the one who continued to push the issue. Don't worry about it.

As I said, this can be closed if anyone would care to. Or not I guess, as you see fit, but I have no more use for this.

Citizen Bleys
02-27-2007, 09:06 PM
Are you just looking for any reason you can find to be a little bitch, Bleys?

A thread like this shouldn't have been made until the outcome was certain. This is 5 pages of biting the hand that fed this community for five years.

Shlup
02-27-2007, 09:14 PM
This thread has nothing to do with anything going on in the Staff Forum. Yams wanted to see the members' opinion so he made it of his own accord. Maybe he'd hoped seeing the members opinion would persuade those objecting to Unne's re-adminning, or maybe he was just being a butt. Either way, it has nothing to do with whatever drama you're trying to stir up.

Yamaneko
02-27-2007, 09:18 PM
I just wanted to have fun and I was out of beer.

CimminyCricket
03-02-2007, 01:12 AM
lol, congrats to Unne, even though you didn't get the Administrator position you wanted. :c)
I hope you will end up liking Senior Site Staff more. :c)

Fonzie
03-11-2008, 07:36 PM
I demand a re-vote. :mad2:

Madame Adequate
03-11-2008, 07:46 PM
It's alive, IT'S ALIIIIIVEEE!!

theundeadhero
03-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Dr Unne can feel free to ask again if he wishes.

It's alive, IT'S ALIIIIIVEEE!!
No it isn't.

Yamaneko
03-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Brian Carper is much too busy cosplaying to lend his copious talents to the Eyes on staff.