PDA

View Full Version : Windvane...I can't get it...

Beastykato
02-23-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm trying to get the windvane that's in westersands under one of the cactai. I'm only lvl 24 so I know I can't fight the monster that's in the area with the sandstorm, but I just happened to talk to the NPC at the westgate and took on the quest for him.

So, I went and found the two guys you have to speak to, the ones by storehouse 5 and the center fountain. However, when I go to the westersands and search the any of the cactai it always says "you searched but found nothing"

Is there something else I have to do or is the game just F'in with me?

Renmiri
02-23-2007, 11:33 PM
You probably must go through another game event before the Windvane shows up. Most people do this quest a lot later in the game.

Wait till you get to Archades to do it.

Xurts
02-24-2007, 02:53 AM
The right cactus is in the lower eastern section of the Windtrace Dunes. Just check all of the cactai and it will be there. I did this after Mt. Bur-Omisace. I haven't killed w/e it is that I am supposed to kill yet.

spartancode117
02-24-2007, 02:59 AM
wut does it even do?!?

Tainted Angel
02-24-2007, 03:14 AM
I did this as soon as I got the quest.. or somewhat after. ya... do a 'event' first. (Like the 'I am (not) basch' one.)

The smallest area of the Eastersands has it. It's a little area that leads nowhere but is considered one of the most southernly regions by the game. Should show you where it is. Go get the vane at your leasure, the beast is fucking tough. (Or just span out your mist abilties.)

Renmiri
02-24-2007, 02:37 PM
It makes the sandstorm stop on that area where you can't get in because of the fierce sandstorms