PDA

View Full Version : Tidus, a supreme paradox *sigh*

ReloadPsi
02-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Tidus annoys me. His voice gets on my nerves, his whining makes me feel peeved ("Why do *I* have to save the world? Nobody understands me! My dad's famous and I hate him!"), and how he keeps rushing into everything without knowing owt about it and without frickin' thinking (the Cloister in Besaid is the best example of that).

So why is it that, in battle, he has to be my favourite damn fighter? He deals decent damage with high accuracy (not so much as Wakka but then he catches up anyway) and has all my favourite Time Magic spells... Thing is, the intensely long cutscenes are what I hate about this game, but I love the battle system as it's so damn tactical.

This must be what schizophrenia feels like.

Aqua Heart
02-24-2007, 02:26 PM
i dont wanna snd out of order but if u going to moan bout the game then dont tell us bout it, jus dont play the game. ok yes every game has its gd and bad points but these are discussed many many many times over especially tidus's voice blah blah blah

Renmiri
02-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Tidus transformation from a whiny (but sweet and caring) kid into a hero that gives his own life to save Spira is one of the most endearing parts of the story IMHO.

Even his voice changes. Compare his narrating voice (more mature) to his whiny voice at the beginning.

Besides, athletic skill doesn't mean good character. Witness Dennis Rodman or that racist NBA player of recently...

Which is another thing that makes Tidus so endearing to me. He is the "Michael Jordan" of Spira: A talented superstar that does not put on airs and is nice and caring to fans :love:

PuPu
02-24-2007, 03:34 PM
His voice is only annoying because of James Arnold Taylor.

Goldenboko
02-24-2007, 04:22 PM

Don't forget the scene in Luca... "HA! HA! HA!"

Ashley Schovitz
02-24-2007, 04:36 PM
i'M GETTING SO SICK AND TIRED OF THESE THREADS!

Sain Cai
02-24-2007, 05:34 PM
i'M GETTING SO SICK AND TIRED OF THESE THREADS!

Agreed, personally I suggest either a sticky thread where people can rant in there, or simply close any on these types when they are started.

jammi567
02-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Definatly a sticky

ReloadPsi
02-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Wooldoor Sockbat from Drawn Together shares his voice. That should explain a thing or two :)

KasaiDraco
02-24-2007, 10:18 PM
I like Wooldoor! He also does the Jewish Producer on Drawn Together and Judge Fudge.
Yeah, I feel bad for James. He is like in his mid-thirties and still sounds like he's about 13 or 14. They should have had that dude that did Yailbal in FFX-2 to do Tidus.

LunarWeaver
02-24-2007, 11:08 PM
It seems clear to me you pissed off a voodoo Priestess at some point and this is your curse. :(

Firo Volondé
02-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Tara Strong (Rikku) also does Clara and Toot.

rubah
02-25-2007, 12:34 AM
Even his voice changes. Compare his narrating voice (more mature) to his whiny voice at the beginning.

That was something I hadn't picked up on, and I'm glad I read it just now.

Renmiri
02-25-2007, 12:44 AM

That was something I hadn't picked up on, and I'm glad I read it just now.

James Arnold Taylor mentions this in an interview. I have to dig it up and put it n Youtube to silence the Tidus bashers!! :p

Misaki
02-25-2007, 08:37 PM
I just love Tidus. He may be whiny, but that's what makes him more cute! You see in most games the hero is always like "I gotta save the world. Okay. I'll be back in five minutes", but Tidus acts like a real person! He's voice is also way cute! Love James for giving Tidus such a cute voice!

Hambone
02-25-2007, 09:07 PM
HiS vOiCe TuRnS mE oN! lEaVe My FuTuRe BoYfRiEnD aLoNe! :bigsmile:

KasaiDraco
02-25-2007, 10:29 PM
I made some funny video about JAT using his pic and Microsoft Mike's voice on youtube, but I'm not going to give the link. It's a little innapropriate for the likes of here.

Yliette
02-26-2007, 06:27 AM
Just ignore those who hate Tidus' voice. It's their problem. And of course they can never affect our adoration for such a well done voice (Wait, shouldn't this be a reply to a thread about Tidus' voice?).

James Arnold Taylor did a good job. The tone and emotion are right for every scene.

And this is OT but worst voice-actress is Yuna. Even in X-2 she sounds out-of-character and monotonous.

Remedy
02-26-2007, 10:23 AM
I don't believe you.
Tidus's voice is very cool and U know what, it fits the character.
I mean come on!
-
about Tidus is being so hasty.
you can only plame the game designers
I liked Tidus apearance, voice and story.

aaaaaanyways- it's up to ya
love'M hate'M or even criticize'M
it doesn't matter

FinalFantasyXMaster
02-26-2007, 05:43 PM
I like Tidus's voice it brings life to his character, sure it can have some good and bad points, but I think that's what makes his character and the story more interesting.

4evarisha
02-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Another I am not surprised.

Psychotic
02-28-2007, 02:02 AM
This thread isn't about Tidus's voice. All of you complaining "Oh no not another Tidus's voice thread!" have hijacked it, so you only have yourselves to blame.

If you actually took the time to read beyond the first couple of lines, you'd see Psi is talking about how Tidus as a character (which does include his voice, but that's just one element to it) and how that compares to Tidus as a fighter. So let's talk about that.

If you want to talk about his voice, then here you go, a thread just for you. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=99389)

Remedy
02-28-2007, 07:43 AM
!
-
about Tidus is being so hasty.
you can only plame the game designers
I liked Tidus apearance, voice and story.

it doesn't matter

:)

blackmage_nuke
02-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Dreams aernt meant to make sense on be nonparadoxic

-

Fynn
02-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Well don't blame JAT for your not liking Tidus thing. He's got a lot of talent - just try to compare Tidus' voice and that of Jack Sparrow in KH2...

KasaiDraco
02-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah, he actually does! Check his Looney Toons impressions out. He's actually pretty good! http://jamesarnoldtaylor.com/mastertoontheater.html

cally777
03-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Of course the opposite problem is characters you love personality wise, but for various reasons you don't use/stop using. This happened to me with Kimahri and Lulu at various times in the game.

:choc: