PDA

View Full Version : Silly irrational fears, mmmkay?

Rye
02-24-2007, 02:21 PM
So, I've been taking Driver's Ed, and I am terrified of stick shift cars. I never have had to drive one, and I never want to. When we have to read about them/see diagrams of them, I hope I never have to come into contact with one. They're like demonic primordial beasts, ready to consume the flesh of a beautiful maiden crying "Juhu~" to her dear knight. ;___;

Tell me some of your sillier irrational fears. ;]

Nominus Experse
02-24-2007, 02:43 PM
In all seriousness, things that are made of aluminum or have some parts made of aluminum that are designed to carry or otherwise transport me.

Like airplanes. Fuck... And I will soon be riding one for six or eight hours within the month...

I hate it, because it's so ridiculously stupid - and I know it.

Renmiri
02-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Put the car in second and pretend it is an automatic. :love:

I did that to my mom's stick shift car and she didn't appreciate it :(

Drift
02-24-2007, 03:47 PM
manual cars > automatic cars rye!

Cz
02-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Oh, but you'll never become a super-cool street racing character unless you learn to operate a manual gearshift! :(

I have an irrational fear of the 'bonus noise' at the end of The Beatles' album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. After the final chord of A Day in the Life, they inserted a bunch of random studio chatter that's weird and alien and creeps me out. Sometimes I dare myself to listen to it, but I usually stop the record before it gets there.

Christmas
02-24-2007, 04:02 PM
CHOCOBOS > CARS Rye! :jess:

PS: Juz look at FF VIII!!! :bigsmile:

Tavrobel
02-24-2007, 04:21 PM
I have a strong fear of Electric Pokemon.

Citizen Bleys
02-24-2007, 05:14 PM
I fear love.

Old Manus
02-24-2007, 05:24 PM
I fear Lord Voldemort.

EDIT: *jumps on auto-is-for-pussies bandwagon*

escobert
02-24-2007, 05:24 PM
I fear nothing! and stick shift > automatic. Auto's are for losers!

oddler
02-24-2007, 05:47 PM
Automatic all the way, Rye.

I irrationally fear irrationality. Good enough?

Fuzakeru
02-24-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm scared of frogs. o.o

Momiji
02-24-2007, 06:16 PM
So, I've been taking Driver's Ed, and I am terrified of stick shift cars. I never have had to drive one, and I never want to. When we have to read about them/see diagrams of them, I hope I never have to come into contact with one. They're like demonic primordial beasts, ready to consume the flesh of a beautiful maiden crying "Juhu~" to her dear knight. ;___;

Tell me some of your sillier irrational fears. ;]

I'm sort of the same way, but I'll one day inherit my dad's Mustang Cobra....and it's a manual, so I must learn~

Misfit
02-24-2007, 06:23 PM
I just discussed this like last night. x)

The only thing I'm deathly afraid of is bugs, mostly those gross spiders or disgusting praying mantis. x_X

This one time, I came home from shopping with my mommy and I had my purse hanging on my arm with an ice cream cone in the other hand, well anyway I walked through the door and apparently there was a cobweb that I missed and OF COURSE it just HAD to get stuck to my leg, dragging the web AND spider in the doorway with me.

So my mom goes, "Shalyn, don't move and just like, don't turn your head." So I kinda get the hint and HAVE TO LOOK ANYWAY, I see that stupid little spider dangling off my leg and WHOOSH! There goes my ice cream on the floor and my purse and there's me freaking out with tears, NO POURING WATERFALLS out of my eyes crying and screaming and being a huge wussy. :3

Yeah, it's pretty bad. ;D

Zeldy
02-24-2007, 06:28 PM
My fear of Crane fly is unbelievable. Its awful :(

One was in my room last summer, I screamed IT FLEW AT MY FACE and my Dad said he'd killed it, but he hadn't, he just couldn't find it. Then it was on my wall like STARING at me ;__; Then it flew at my face again. It was like 4am in the morning, and I screamed and burst into tears. I hate them.

Rye
02-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Automatic all the way, Rye.

Finally, someone knows it. Automatic~ :kaohappy:

Chemical
02-24-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm afraid of Bleys reproducing.

Every day I pray that scientists find conclusive evidence linking impotency and low sperm count to gaming.

DM_Melkhar
02-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Here's one for you! I'm afraid of spider webs. No, not spiders. I like spiders. I let those great big hairy long-legged house spiders crawl all over my hands and arms. It doesn't bother me! Their WEBS on the other hand....*shudder.*

When I was about 4 years old, I walked into a giant one. I mean...it was BIG - about 2ft by 2ft.....seriously I aint kidding! I've hated them ever since. I used to be able to pluck the strands at the ends so they fell apart, but when I first started the job I've....actually now left after a year and a half, I had a nasty surprise. I come home, open the back gate, walk around to the back door and there's a dirty great big spider web right in front og my face! I leapt backwards before the damn thing touched me and shouted the s word. Whatever must the neighbours have thought?

Since then, I can't tolerate one being less than two feet in front of me. I abhor their touch. I cannot stand the touch of spider silk on my skin. If any part of one touches me, I'll slap and rub my hands or the part of my body it's touched. If there's one directly above my head I'll duck down and make sure it's definitely not going to touch me.

However, I am happy to stand in front of one and throw things into one. Whether it be a fly, or another type of bug or insect for the spider to eat, or whether I just want to annoy one by throwing a piece of grass into it. My worst nightmare? Shelob's lair. Not the spider, never the spider - unless it was THAT big of course, but it's just the webs.

How's that for a crazy fear? :rolleyes2

Citizen Bleys
02-24-2007, 07:16 PM

You mean you don't like my army of midget clones?

daggertrepe
02-24-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm afraid of flies. I don't even know why.

bipper
02-24-2007, 07:28 PM
I get nervous by mirrors.

Quindiana Jones
02-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Congratulations Rye! You've been upgraded to First Class on your train to Hell!

Uhhh....I'm not sure what I fear. I'm gonna go with annoying little buggy things, like >insert EoFF member name here<, spiders (the little ones; I'm fine with big ones), moths etc.

Xander
02-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Dumb things like being asked to do something I haven't done before... go shred some paper, or put some coal on the fire! Seriously XD I have an irrational fear of life in general XD

Also...gears are cool when you get used to them XD like many things I guess. I used to think...how the hell do you work that. but now its just..easy XD

BarelySeeAtAll
02-24-2007, 09:18 PM
the sheep rustlers...*pours eyes out*
otherwise, nothing...me and my group can handle anything

kikimm
02-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Dumb things like being asked to do something I haven't done before... go shred some paper, or put some coal on the fire!

Oh yeah, same here. The first time I used my dad's paper shredder I completely destroyed it.

I also have a big fear of asking people for help. Not serious stuff like I'M SUICIDAL HELP ME but for little things. Like asking for help with my homework, or directions to some place. It's paralyzing! For some reason I would much rather spend hours and hours trying to do it on my own, before sheepishly asking someone to help me out. Not all the time, of course, but a lot of the time.

Quindiana Jones
02-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Like asking for help with my homework, or directions to some place. It's paralyzing! For some reason I would much rather spend hours and hours trying to do it on my own, before sheepishly asking someone to help me out.

I never knew you were a guy.

kikimm
02-24-2007, 09:28 PM
You're not...too embarrassed, are you?

Quindiana Jones
02-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Meh. It's an experience.

Savern Volaco
02-24-2007, 10:15 PM
You know I have this fear of paper cuts and Ducks any kind of duck, and I seem to fear um purple shoe laces they make me vervous when I see them

daggertrepe
02-24-2007, 10:20 PM
There was this one girl on the Tyra Banks show that was afraid of styrofoam and wouldn't even look at it. It was hilarious.

Semi-Funny video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-fVC--sfTw

Shiny
02-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Top hats scare me and I have no idea why.

Yamaneko
02-25-2007, 12:26 AM
I'm afraid of goat farmers.

Laddy
02-25-2007, 12:28 AM
I fear the guy at my local Hot Topic, oh, his pants, I have nightmares of the pain...

Chemical
02-25-2007, 01:06 AM

You mean you don't like my army of midget clones?

Midgets would be my second irrational fear.

Madame Adequate
02-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Now that I no longer irrationally fear zombies, there's not actually much left.

The collapse of civilization, specifically the reduction in the prevalance and usability of modern technology?

Dr. Acula
02-26-2007, 06:55 AM
I'm scared of telephones.
And garden gnomes.
And I always have a feeling someone is watching me, which is creepy.

Peegee
02-27-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm wary / scared of heights and the idea / concept of me falling.

Even the most simple of drops (20 foot drop into the lake) requires some prepping before I can do it.

Don't even get me started with bungee jumping and/or sky diving /faint

Chloe.
02-27-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm scared of the dentist. :(

Owen Macwere
02-27-2007, 07:20 PM
I fear small balls, silly, but I do hate them and they scare me!.

LunaNaelyan
02-27-2007, 08:20 PM
For some unknown reason, I've always had this ridiculous fear of forks and tablespoons. Seriously! So I use a teaspoon, or better yet, a coffee spoon, for everything. It makes eating out that much more difficult and embarrassing.

DM_Melkhar
02-27-2007, 09:39 PM
I fear small balls, silly, but I do hate them and they scare me!.
You've just reminded me of one!

Back at school, the following occurred:
* A tennis ball was deliberately thrown into the air and served at the back of my head. The bastard hit me in the back of the skull and almost knocked me out.

* When basketballs were thrown at me in PE, twice one it the same finger directly on top....HARD. Middle left finger actually. I couldn't participate in the basketball lesson for a couple of weeks. My finger was black and blue with bruising and wrapped in a bandage. Though while I sat out the next lesson, someone threw one at me for fun and in trying to defend myself (so it didn't hit me in the face I brought my hands up and...there you go again.

* Boys playing football. Where I used to hang out at lunchtimes, there was usually a group there. They had a habit of kicking the ball in our direction. I often got hit in the back or arms. One day one guy said "I'm not aiming at you", and then kicked it directly at me! :mad2: I must have fast reflexes because I brought my hands up palms facing forward and held together so fast that the ball hit them instead of my face.

For some reason footballs always tend to head in my direction anyway. Whenever balls are kicked or thrown, I try to keep my distance. However, that's not really irrational is it? Hmm....the spider web one probably is a strange one though...