PDA

View Full Version : 1,000 games into one

Renmiri
02-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Ok so I do like FFXII in spite of my incessant bitching about the lack of story ;)

I loved how the airship sequences remind me of Star Wars.

The notice board with the hunts to find reminded a friend of mine of the Harry Potter games, where the notice board calls you to find some misplaced items.

The battle system reminds me a lot of X-2 and from what I'm told it also is similar to the one on FFXI

Having to battle Summons to get them reminds me of Pokemon

Political intrigue is said to be FFVI like.

Tons of stuff from FFT obviously

Any more games that FFXII reminds you of ?

Nominus Experse
02-24-2007, 03:49 PM
To me, it feels like they took FFII (and it's strange parallels to Star Wars) and FF-Tactics and mashed them together after making an innovative battle system loosely based on FFXI.

I do enjoy it though.

kurosaki_ichigo
02-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Somehow i felt it resembled thoses adventure games where you kill swarms of enemies one after the other.

Beastykato
02-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Dynasty Warriors anyone? That's how I felt running around on the giza plains anyway moving from screen to screen.

BTW, how many of you actually use the targeting lines? :p I hate them and find turning them off doesn't make a bit of a difference in my gameplay.

DM_Melkhar
02-24-2007, 06:46 PM
To me, it feels like they took FFII (and it's strange parallels to Star Wars) and FF-Tactics and mashed them together after making an innovative battle system loosely based on FFXI.

I do enjoy it though.
I agree the battle system looks very similar to FFXI, but world map travelling is pretty much identical to Guild Wars.

Can someone PM me if they know if you get to FLY your airship? I hated the fact that you had to select destinations in FFX and X-2.

Renmiri
02-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Nope you don't get to FLY it :(

Sergeant Hartman
02-24-2007, 10:49 PM
They've used some of the weapons from FFIX :cool:

Wolf Kanno
02-25-2007, 11:16 AM
It reminds me of FFV.

The sheer number of side quests and the fun combat system alone reminds me of it.

FFTactics of course, but especially the part about FFT that is filled with horribly clever "in-jokes" of the series. For those who just got it, talk to all the NPC's. Though the jokes only relate mostly to FFI-V. Also, did anyone see the Dragon Quest reference in one of the Elite Mark Hunts?;)

FFIV, cause they brought back my least favorite boss fight from that game and made it harder... Also the fact you have to defeat the summons to get them.

Star Wars, the parallels are not as bad as FFII but you cannot deny they're there.

World History class, not just the fact that the story and world is similiar to several real world places and events but also, the story is presented to you in a historical narrative. As though you are playing everything in a past tense rather than the here and now.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-25-2007, 11:27 AM
honestly, it reminds me of world of warcraft! with the battle system and the fact that anyone can equip any kind of weapon provided they have got licenses first (or levels on wow terms). i think this game is wow but with a deeper storyline

btw, i do find the target lines useful, u can use the names to see who is being targeted but it doesn't tell u who is targeting them

I Don't Need A Name
02-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Some of the soundtrack and espers/magicite obviously reminded me of FFVI.
also, i cried aloud with mirth and merryment when the original FF title music played :D (which reminded me of FF I-VI)