PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Profile (psp)??

The Knights of the Round
02-25-2007, 03:27 AM
Is the psp valkyrie profile game a port of the ps1 version??
Also is it actually a good game, opinions and why you choose that opinion plz??

black orb
02-25-2007, 05:12 PM
>>> Yeah, its the same ps1 game with some new FMVs..
VP1 its simply the best game ever, im biased obviously.

Necronopticous
02-25-2007, 05:19 PM
It's one of the best games you can buy for the PSP.

Dreddz
02-25-2007, 06:55 PM
I own the PSP version. Cant compare it to the PS1 and Ive never played the PS1 version, I heard the PS1 version has anime cut scenes, which I personally would of prefered, but the FMV's in the PSP version are pretty cool.

I personally loved the game. Just need to get Valkyrie Profile 2 now.

Zeromus_X
02-27-2007, 02:23 AM
It's not a direct port of the PS1 version, at least, not of the North American version, which recieved a handful of more convenient gameplay mechanics (sorting items, alerting you when Valkyrie's skills are removed when you equip a bow or sword, being able to equip characters outside the main party, etc). Otherwise, all the dialogue and voice acting is exactly the same, as far as I know.

Also, the PSP version is alot more stable, meaning you won't get that annoying buzzing noise in the background or freezing and so on like the PS1 version was prone to doing.

Also, this is a matter of opinion, but I did prefer the anime cutscenes more, even though the FMVs were very gorgeous.

Cruise Control
02-27-2007, 03:25 AM
PSP>PS1. An awesome port of an amazing game!

black orb
02-27-2007, 06:23 AM
which recieved a handful of more convenient gameplay mechanics (sorting items, alerting you when Valkyrie's skills are removed when you equip a bow or sword, being able to equip characters outside the main party, etc).
>>> Im not sure about the sorting items, but Im sure you can do the other things you mentioned in the ps1 game too..

Zeromus_X
02-27-2007, 04:16 PM
I know. I was saying that these options weren't available in the PSP version, since it was a direct port of the Japanese version, which didn't have those options.

Black Mage
03-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Yeah, the English PSP version is missing all of the nice conveniences that the English PSX version had. Aside from what Zeromus mentioned, the other little missing feature that was fixed exclusively in the English PSX version is the Boss's Big Magic fix. Some bosses, like Barbarossa, in the Japanese PSX version and both PSP versions have a glitch where they won't fire off their Big Magic attacks. This was fixed in the English PSX game, but the fix was left out of the PSP version.

The PSP port, despite the nice cut scenes and high resolution, is actually a pretty poor port. However, Valkyrie Profile is a game that must be played, so if the PSP is your only option, then it certainly will get the job done.

But, despite what some have said in this thread, if you have the chance definitely take the PSX version over the PSP.

ValkyrieWing
03-22-2007, 03:02 AM
I definitely prefer the PSX version over the PSP. it's much better