PDA

View Full Version : Which FF game is more debating?

Serapy
02-25-2007, 09:08 PM
IMO, it's FF8! :D. FF7 is almost the same cause there are still few unanswered questions left in FF7 but apart from FF8 (duh!). Other FF games are okay, nothing to debate about, although I'm not sure about FF9.

Whatever SquareSoft did to FF8 did a very good job, they let us discover and debate about the game for A LONG time which is quite... clever, what can I say?

Should all FF games be more debating like FF8?

Remon
02-25-2007, 09:51 PM
I like the game more if it answers all the questions.

ljkkjlcm9
02-26-2007, 12:13 AM
there is more debating over FFVIII because there are more plot holes and absurdity in FFVIII than the others. Mind you I enjoyed playing it, but it was hardly an amazing FF or should be given credit for being debated. It's debated because of it's bad qualities, not the good. I mean it seems like they just threw crap in there. They came up with these "cool" ideas and then had no way to tie it in, so they made something up. That's what it seemed like to me at times. Hardly something it should be recognized for, but I will admit, there are lots of things about the game to debate than most.

THE JACK</>EL

Wolf Kanno
02-26-2007, 08:51 AM
I like games to have unanswered questions. I think FFXII will probably be like this once a year or two pasts. I find most of FFVIII and FFXII's debate revolve around whether the games are "good" or "bad" rather than trying to solve the mysteries behind the stories and world.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-26-2007, 10:22 AM
I've never verbally debated anything theoretical from a Final Fantasy (as to what happened or happens) with anyone

Yuriev's ghost
02-26-2007, 10:48 AM
there is more debating over FFVIII because there are more plot holes and absurdity in FFVIII than the others. Mind you I enjoyed playing it, but it was hardly an amazing FF or should be given credit for being debated. It's debated because of it's bad qualities, not the good. I mean it seems like they just threw crap in there. They came up with these "cool" ideas and then had no way to tie it in, so they made something up. That's what it seemed like to me at times. Hardly something it should be recognized for, but I will admit, there are lots of things about the game to debate than most.

THE JACKEL
Pretty much.

The Crystal
02-26-2007, 11:29 AM
If we are talking about original games and spin-offs, then FFVII and FFVIII.
FFVII because the Compilation is still going, and the story is not over yet, giving place to many fans speculations.
And FFVIII because:

Goldenboko
02-26-2007, 04:36 PM
FFVIII has ridiculous theories *COUGH*R=U*COUGH*
So FFVIII wins big time...

Although FFVI, and FFVII are decently close with all of the "Kefka is the best!" "NO! Sephy is the best!" that goes on.

Griff
02-26-2007, 07:22 PM
The major debate with FFVII is whether Sephiroth is the worst villian of all time (yes), or the second coming of Jesus (no)

LunarWeaver
02-26-2007, 07:47 PM
The major debate with FFVII is whether Sephiroth is the worst villian of all time (yes), or the second coming of Jesus (no)

Don't pick on Sephy-popo or I'll eat your kneecaps Griffygons :bigsmile:.

I think FFVIII gets a whole lotta theories popping up, so I guess that one. X gets quite a few as well, but VIII is debate-theory central.

silentenigma
02-26-2007, 09:55 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=101576

I say FFVII.

Serapy
02-27-2007, 11:21 PM
I like the game more if it answers all the questions.

True but then in that case, you would forget about the game easily and therefore less chance of start playing it again (or it's just me), I know FF8 is heavily debated but it makes me wanna play FF8 again and again to find hints and stuff like that :P, it's fun for me ;D

Medi
02-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Reviving Aeris in FFVII is the most heavily debated topic, even though you can revive her. You just have to master all of the Summon Materia before leaving Midgar for the first time and at the end of Disk 1, the sack of Jenova cells will kill Cloud instead (thank God)

Darth Anarcus
02-28-2007, 01:36 AM
Not everything always needs to be answered. Sometimes that's what makes games great, like Shadow of the Colossus. However, you can't just do this with any old plot point. You have to be extremely careful and do it with just the right things, which sometimes is hard to judge. I think that FF8 pulled this off well for the most part, but there are a few things here and there which could have been done a bit better.

chrisfffan
03-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Theirs more debating about 7 and 8 because they are the two best games in the series

jammi567
03-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Definatly VIII, followed closly by VII

boys from the dwarf
03-05-2007, 07:37 AM
FFVIII probably answers all of the questions but its just not very obvious. not obvious at all.

but what about the ending of FF9?

zidane dies one second and hes miraculously back the next. how does it work?

Goldenboko
03-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Theirs more debating about 7 and 8 because they are the two best games in the series

Not really, there's more Kefka, Kuja, and Sephy three-way buttsex bitchslaping debates.

NeoCracker
03-05-2007, 12:08 PM
FFVIII probably answers all of the questions but its just not very obvious. not obvious at all.

I'd assume this is because, you know, he didn't die perhaps?

And FF VIII, by far. When things like "Smart people Like FF VIII because they are smart" come up, theres not question anymore.

Rocket Edge
03-05-2007, 12:35 PM
I think Future Esthar already settled this question. VIII.

MikeL Valentine
03-22-2007, 10:59 PM

Maybe because he never died? :p

I think FFVII and that's why I like it ore than any other FF.