PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore FF fans: is this worth buying?

Kointähti
02-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Is it really worth playing?
And I want answers from players who have completed FFs at least 4-10, including tactics. Not from "I've played ff10 and it kicked ass because it looked kinda cool."

What I want to know is:
Is the plot good?
Does the game have the "old" FF feeling in it?
Does it have characters you can identify with?
And that kind of stuff, you know the drill..

Thank you already, guys.

McLovin'
02-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Oh my efing god.

This is like the 10th thread on this. There is a handy search option on these here forums. Not mention there is an active thread on this a couple threads down.

Yes it is alright gameplay wise. Story is not as epic as the other FF's. Character's aren't AS lovable but you will like some of them.

Kill 200 hours. Play this. Its a final fantasy. Since when has it let you down?

chrisguapo69
02-25-2007, 09:21 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=102046

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=101724

Renmiri
02-25-2007, 09:22 PM
All my hardcore friends like it.

The weapons and armor are like FFI, even the weapon slots, armor slots. There are a lot of similarities with FFVI and also (obviously) with FFT.

You will probably like it a lot.

I myself have a love/hate of the game because it could have been better than X but it wasn't even near it, in therms of story and it had no romance :cry:

Roto13
02-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Go read a freaking Harlequin romance novel and stop complaining. ;)

Renmiri
02-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Go read a freaking Harlequin romance novel and stop complaining. ;)

They are cheesier than XII :p

Sergeant Hartman
02-25-2007, 11:07 PM
No romance! Dang! :eek:

rubah
02-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Psh, there's romance! It's just not tongue-in-throat about it.

Setzer Gabianni
02-26-2007, 06:42 AM
Is it really worth playing?
And I want answers from players who have completed FFs at least 4-10, including tactics. Not from "I've played ff10 and it kicked ass because it looked kinda cool."

What I want to know is:
Is the plot good?

Thank you already, guys.

1. I think so, even though it's more of a political based one, and there isn't much of a love them going on.
2. In a way yeah - not everything is terribly modern like VII and VIII, it's a bit like IX in a way, plus, it has an abundance of races in it, which are awesome.
3. I think you can only find that out for yourself.
4. Eh..it's a FF, a good bloody FF, so jus buy it =P

Wolf Kanno
02-26-2007, 08:25 AM
What I want to know is:
Is the plot good?

The plot is pretty good, not as good as FFT in political terms, it's pretty simple but has a few surprises here and there.

Good lord yes. The games feel is more FFI-FFV than anything. Lots of in-jokes and the old school charm.

Yes, but the story focuses more on the events than the cast. You'll like most of them.

It's pretty different from past games but just keep an open mind and you'll find it to be a lovely gem of game. There's a greater emphasis on combat and exploration than past titles.

Kointähti
02-26-2007, 08:36 AM
4. Eh..it's a FF, a good bloody FF, so jus buy it =P

So I thought about FFX too, and boy was I disappointed..
FFX was a real pain to play.

The games feel is more FFI-FFV than anything.

Well, that at least is a good thing.
Square-Enix searchig to go back to the roots?
Very, very wise thing.

Wolf Kanno
02-26-2007, 08:43 AM
I like to think of FFXII as the "anti-FFX";) Believe me, I share your feelings about FFX so there's a good chance you'll at least like it more than FFX.

FFXII breaks alot of RPG conventions so it's not quite like the old games but it's really fun.

chrisfffan
03-04-2007, 06:11 PM
I like to think of FFXII as the "anti-FFX";) Believe me, I share your feelings about FFX so there's a good chance you'll at least like it more than FFX.

FFXII breaks alot of RPG conventions so it's not quite like the old games but it's really fun.

i agree too X didnt do anything for me