PDA

View Full Version : I need medical attention

Diango12
02-26-2007, 02:50 AM
I just saw spy kids 2..

anyone seen an awful movie, latley hollywood seems to be slacking off.

Cruise Control
02-26-2007, 02:53 AM
Someone call UCLA! This man has fallen through a wormhole in an alternate reality where Spy Kids 2 was just released.

Jowy
02-26-2007, 02:58 AM
BEST POST EVER

for credibility, the last movie I sat down to watch was The Lake House and left halfway through.

Tavrobel
02-26-2007, 03:04 AM
Why, hello there! Welcome back to 2001 1945, when movies used to actually be good.

Renmiri
02-26-2007, 03:14 AM
Ugh, tell me about it! Just came home from Ghost Rider. Yuck!

Nicholas Cage used to be Oscar caliper... Now doing this shiite! :(

Moon Rabbits
02-26-2007, 03:21 AM
A bad movie I've seen recently?

Slackers. Terrible.

SeeDRankLou
02-26-2007, 03:24 AM
Well, the last movies I watched were The Departed, Blood Diamond and The Queen, all of which was a really great movies, so I recently had a good stint with movies (I know it's been months since I saw a movie). But from some of the commercials I've seen, I can imagine that there are quite a few bad movies out right now. You never know until you see them though.

Diango12
02-26-2007, 05:12 AM
When I say "latley" iam refering to the past 6 years as at least 3 movies come out every year to just simply be talking about this year would be pointless.

The only good, no in fact god like movies out there is star wars and lord of the rings which weren't made by hollywood but independent film makers so to speak

LunarWeaver
02-26-2007, 05:45 AM
The most recent movie I saw I thought was awful is The Omen remake (I'm lagging behind because it's old now, I know). I keep getting horror movies because I love the genre itself, but there's only one good horror movie per dozen terrible ones it seems...Sigh at myself. Luckily, I saw The Departed soon after and it reminded me how awesome movies can be afterall.

Wolf Kanno
02-26-2007, 07:59 AM
Having worked at a movie theatre during my High School years (BTW I don't recommend working at a movie theatre...ever...) I've seen a fair share of horrible things that like to think they are movies. Ever since, I rarely go out to see movies. I used to watch like 30+ movies a year and now I'm down to barely two a year.

The last bad movie I saw was probably Cat in the Hat (he said a six year limit) Nothing like watching Mike Myers destroy a story I loved as a child as well as any faith in his acting ability.

El Bandito
02-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Dang, I don't have the time to watch all the good movies I know.

I've made it a goal to try and see every movie in the IMDB Top 150 (http://www.imdb.com/chart/top) and so far it hasn't steered me too far. Yeah, it gets spammed by fanboys to get somewhat mediocre movies too high for their own good, but lots of amazing low-key stuff gets on there (i.e. Cidade de Deus) so it's a good starting point for the many pessimistic opinions people here seem to hold. Every movie I've seen off there has been at least good (though some may be a bit too slow for certain tastes).

Oh, and I've always thought Star Wars was a bit overrated in terms of comparison to the other instant classics in film. It's a technical marvel, but to me the story isn't exactly ultra groundbreaking. It's good, but not the end-all people like to crown it as.

On topic: I've been pretty good about only seeing at least enjoyable movies at the theaters. The last movie that I actually thought couldn't be described as anything but bad was Elektra.

Nominus Experse
02-26-2007, 09:07 AM
I don't watch :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty movies: I make a point to research them prior to renting/DLing/or buying.

Saves me a lot of frustration.

tailz
02-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Having worked at a movie theatre during my High School years (BTW I don't recommend working at a movie theatre...ever...) I've seen a fair share of horrible things that like to think they are movies. Ever since, I rarely go out to see movies. I used to watch like 30+ movies a year and now I'm down to barely two a year.

The last bad movie I saw was probably Cat in the Hat (he said a six year limit) Nothing like watching Mike Myers destroy a story I loved as a child as well as any faith in his acting ability.

explain why would you not recomend it, in fact i work at a movie theatre and seriously I love my job,

and the last bad movie, either eragon or rocky balboa.