PDA

View Full Version : God Hand pwnzOrz.

arylonthedancer
02-26-2007, 03:29 AM
hahaha. i just finished God Hand last night and randomly found myself roaming the digital universe known as the EoFF forums, so i figured i'd post a thread. the first thing i'm going to say is, if you own a ps2 you need to buy God Hand. you can quote me on that. as a matter of fact i'll quote myself in formulaic style.

"ownage of a ps2 = buyage+beatage of God Hand"

needless to say, i friggen loved the game. its ridiculously ridiculously super awesomely just a fun time. although at times it is very challenging as you can get take some whupings and not have any way to recover health / the boss battles require mad focus and some strategy believe it or not. but hey, what happened to challenge in games these days? ill tell you what, they threw the entire lot of it into devil may cry, shinobi, ninja gaiden, and contra. WHUPS!

anyway back to God Hand. if you have no idea what it is, check out a trailer somewhere. if you know what it is, and thought at any point in life, "gee that looks pretty BA / interesting / premium" go buy it. it just dropped to 20 buckz at ebs a few weeks ago, and let me tell you, its worth it. i even threw an 'Employee Pick' sticker on it at work, we dont even have an employee pick marketing campaign!

p.s.
God Hand > God of War

Shoeberto
02-26-2007, 03:57 AM
It looks hilarious, just from watching the trailers. I may have to check it out.

krissy
02-26-2007, 04:03 AM
this looks really funny :(

Black Mage
02-26-2007, 05:05 AM
It's a very funny game, but the controls are absolutely atrocious.

I have a feeling the game would not be so very difficult if someone play tested the game first. I was unimpressed, especially since it was a Clover Studios release.

Though, the humorous story and characters are certainly worth trudging through the terrible mess of gameplay.

Tasura
02-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Yea, I borrowed it from my friend, it's good, not freely being able to move the camera is a bit of a pain in the ass though. Also the cover art is different from that one to the one in my room.

Cruise Control
02-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Its humorous, theres some cool moments, but its plagued by two problems. The AI sucks! Once you get in their face, they can't do anything. And the camera sucks. I still recommend it either way.

arylonthedancer
02-27-2007, 03:10 AM
lets see here:

a) yes its hilarious.
b) its on the Resident Evil 4 engine, which explains the control scheme, and i dont thinks its really toooo bad.
c) i never really found the camera to be too much of a problem thanks to the classic 90' Turn (thank you L1, and Resident Evil: Nemesis for that matter)
d) cha, i posted the japanese cover as its exceedingly more badass, yet less funny than the u.s. cover
e) the AI is slightly moronic at times, but if it wasn't you'd get roxOr3d so hard later in the game when you have to fight 67 ker thousand groups of enemies back to back
j) the boss battles are awesome. the game as a whole requires a lot of skill, which i miss with recent games.