PDA

View Full Version : Favorite FF Main Villain

The Crystal
02-26-2007, 04:25 AM
Of these villains, who is your favorite and why?

And yes, i ignored Kefka, Sephiroth and Kuja. Why? Because i already knew that if i puted just one of them in the poll, this one would win. So, to make the results of the poll be less predictable than in the past, and to annoy the fanboys/girls, i just "deleted" them of the list.

Now, between the less popular main villains who is your favorite and WHY?

LunarWeaver
02-26-2007, 04:38 AM
Being a fanboy of Vayne is obviously 10,000% better than being a fanboy of Sephiroth, Kuja, or Kefka, so I'll definitely say him because I'm 10,000% better than everybody else on the entire planet.

Edit: Oh, I have to put why too. Because he looks like Laguna and Laguna was designed by Nomura and so is Sephiroth and I like Sephiroth the best.

Yuriev's ghost
02-26-2007, 04:58 AM
All those villains were pretty bad (Besides the FFXI one who I have no idea about) and I'm not sure Yu-Yevon counts as a villain at all.

If I had to choose I would probably go with Exdeath, if only because the formula for his character was so hilariously bad that it's almost amusing.

Kefka_Almighty
02-26-2007, 05:58 AM
Garland, because if something can be knocked down, then it shall be knocked down. By Garland. Not only that, but he committed some kind of time paradox I'm still not completely sure about that allowed you to technically kill him as Chaos before he was born.

Elpizo
02-26-2007, 06:44 AM
From that list, Exdeath is my favorite. He also belongs to the top 3 of villains who accomplished something. Something that really was bad for the world. And he went one-on-one with Galuf. That's reason enough for him to be awesome and my choice.

Vayne doesn't really belong on that list, IMHO, he isn't really a villain. Just a guy with different views. XII is full of those.

Wolf Kanno
02-26-2007, 09:00 AM
Out of this list. Exdeath. He's the better villain out of all of them, caused a little havoc, left a mark on the world and killed alot of people. Also, the implications of just what he is, makes him deeper through just shear symbolism.

Garland is my second choice cause his story is rather interesting and he'll knock you all down!

Yu-Yevon had a weak motive.
Emperor Palamecian was intriguing but had no real motive
Haven't played FFIII, so I can't say anything about Cloud of Darkness/Void
Zemus/Zeromus caused alot of trouble, just so he could wake up and be killed. So no... Golbez was a better villain and he technically isn't a villain.
Ultemacia also had a weak motive.
I have a life, so I don't play FFXI
Vayne is not really a villain. He's sorta've a "anti-hero"...

Dragonface
02-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Did anyone forgot a villain from X-2? Or even FFVII: DC?

Firo Volondé
02-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Yu Yevon is not a villian.
In case you're wondering. (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/villain)

Yu Yevon had no control over his actions. He's like a volcano or a tsunami; he has become a mindless being, incapable of doing anything but he has been 'programmed' to do. However, this is not the thread for a discussion.

My favourite is Exdeath, because he actually says 'Mwahahahaha'. lol

The Crystal
02-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Okay, to everyone that is saying "this guy is not a villain!", lets pretend that i said "Favorite FF Main Antagonist", okay? Or someone could fix the title of the thread for me, because i don't know how to do it.

Goldenboko
02-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Okay, to everyone that is saying "this guy is not a villain!", lets pretend that i said "Favorite FF Main Antagonist", okay? Or someone could fix the title of the thread for me, because i don't know how to do it.

Or.... we could use an already made, more complete thread. http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=97206

Levian
02-26-2007, 04:56 PM
Turns out there's already a thread on this subject. Link in Goldenboco's post.