PDA

View Full Version : How do you level?

Angel_from_hell
02-26-2007, 11:10 AM
So hows the best way to level?
Baltier: lv. 14
Vaan: lv.14
Fran: lv.14
I am in the Lhusu mines and need get to a higher Level so I can become stronger but I am not sure that I am using the best metode to level can anyone give me a tip?

How do you do to level?

Mirage
02-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Just kill strong monsters?

Specific methods aren't relevant until much later.

Don't stop progressing the story just for the sake of leveling unless you keep dying at a boss or something.

Hazzard
02-26-2007, 02:38 PM
once you get to the next part of the story- you're gonna be a very happy guy.
Leveling up will come like breathing!
Easy as pie...

Angel_from_hell
02-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Easy as pie...

That sounds great!

Levian
02-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Right now I'm killing skeletons in the Lhusu mines, after doing the Leviathan thing. The reason it's better to do it after is because you'll have two more party members, so if you die you have a few spare ones. :monster:

Hazzard
02-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Easy as pie...

That sounds great!

Actually there's one catch, it's easy if you're around level 16 at that point, maybe even a few levels higher- but you're have a guest in your party again anyways, so it'll be alright!

Enjoy!

Bahamut2000X
02-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Was I the only one misled by the thread title? I was hoping to come in and see a "How do I hit level 2" thread but saw it was just a generic where to level thread. :cry:

But yeah wait till you got more members, it's easier to level. When I leveled I just fought enemies like 3-4 levels higher then me and was done when I was about the same level as the mobs in the area I was supposed to be in.

Nominus Experse
02-26-2007, 04:33 PM
This game is easily ruined by over leveling, so be careful.

Fynn
02-26-2007, 05:43 PM
I just escaped the Bangaa bounty hunters and I am at the following levels:
Vaan: Lv. 11
Balthier: Lv. 11
Fran: Lv. 11
Basch: Lv. 11
Should I be worried? :(
Oh, so that there won't be any doubts, I don't run away from battles (just about 1% of the times) and go for hunts regularily.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-26-2007, 05:49 PM
no thats about wot lvls i was at that point, in fact less.

a good tip is to keep attacking the skeletons in the mine. getting a high kill chain boosts ur exp a lot anbd improves the odds of better loot for high gil. in about 10-15mins u can hav gone up a few levels and have around 10,000 gil

Hazzard
02-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Oh, so that there won't be any doubts, I don't run away from battles (just about 1% of the times) and go for hunts regularily.

Yeah, you're seriously under-leveled, you should aim for being at least 4 levels higher! Especially for the upcoming events...

DM_Melkhar
02-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Easy as pie...
What, you mean the Yensa Sandsea? Indeed, good for levelling up but it can be frustrating after a while.

Renmiri
02-26-2007, 08:07 PM
w00t ? Spoiled by overlevelling ? Not at all, there's always impossible hunts to do!

Dragonsoul
02-26-2007, 08:25 PM
To get a higher level, just beat tons of enemies and beat stronger monsters in newer areas. When you have the option, buy the embroidered tippet and the license to use this accessory, it doubles the exp points you get.

The bigger trick is how to get loot. Get those items(what are they called?) that enable certain enemies to drop rarer items. Besides this, go to a place where there is a ton of the same enemy and keep beating it to set up a high battle chain. When you get up to lvl 4 battle chain it's great. I liked to beat those Serpents in Tchita Uplands, which is my favorite area in the game.

When you guys finally get to Tchita Uplands, it's going to be so amazing! You're a long way off, but if I found that place in real life I might move there. It reminds me of Final Fantasy XI(similar walking around type of system as FF XII) where I explored new areas and I decided which ones I liked and didn't like. My least favorite is Garamsythe Waterway and maybe Mosphoran Highwaste. Cerobii Steppe rules! :)

Fynn
02-26-2007, 08:50 PM
no thats about wot lvls i was at that point, in fact less.

a good tip is to keep attacking the skeletons in the mine. getting a high kill chain boosts ur exp a lot anbd improves the odds of better loot for high gil. in about 10-15mins u can hav gone up a few levels and have around 10,000 gil

Yeah, you're seriously under-leveled, you should aim for being at least 4 levels higher! Especially for the upcoming events...

:confused: Now I'm just confused... On the one hand, I haven't had any trouble at all... On the other hand, however, I'm quite concerned wirh 'the upcoming events"...

Hazzard
02-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah, i meant to say that the your characters should level much more before the 'upcoming events', which ain't that hard really-but moderately difficult...

Fynn
02-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Well, making the game all that easy would, IMO, spoil it a little. I'm not saying you don't have a point, but something more challenging than what I had before would be welcome. Besides, I hate to give up the story for a while to level up.
Oo! Now I remember - I did have a problem with beating a monster once, but just that once. It was the Wraith. Dear God, that thing made me go crazy!

Renmiri
02-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Marilith killed my party dozens of times :(

GOD GUNDAM
02-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Lol, I'm just a lonely lv.31 Vann and I haven't got to the Dalan side-story yet!

Fynn
02-28-2007, 02:26 PM
:Oo:
:O_O:
:screwy:

DK
02-28-2007, 05:59 PM
A few levels in 15 minutes? are you insane? Levelling on this game takes ages. :monster:

Anyway, I was level 9 when I came out of the Lhusu mines after being chased by Ba'gamman, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I just levelled up in the mines chaining the skeletons (better than the Sandsea, imho. More exp.) until Vaan and Fran were 17 and Balthier was 15.

I Don't Need A Name
02-28-2007, 06:06 PM
the 'Upcoming-events' means your first flying monster encounter, of which is a boss, which can kill people fast. as long as you have the Dark arcane magick you will be fine, but you need to be about level 15

Hazzard
02-28-2007, 07:00 PM
the 'Upcoming-events' means your first flying monster encounter, of which is a boss, which can kill people fast. as long as you have the Dark arcane magick you will be fine, but you need to be about level 15

Maybe a little higher, and you could do with something more powerful than just using dark!

I Don't Need A Name
02-28-2007, 07:28 PM
well, get 2 members to cast dark (set it via gambles) and get the other member to get a quickening and use that. when i did it, Vaan used a quickening (manged somehow to get a 2 combo) and too half its life. and Dark is fine cos i was at level 15 and i managed to kill it with just darks

Bunny
02-28-2007, 07:49 PM
The best strategy I can give for gaining levels is this:

Kill stuff dead.

Pathfinder
03-03-2007, 06:19 PM
OMG U PPL WRITE SO LONG!!!its EASY!!!hit stuff....make it die:love:

Renmiri
03-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Use Horology, Numerology or Travler on this early levels they are the only atttacks that are
a) Ranged
b) Hit multiple monsters

Bows, guns or or magick are ranged but at this point only hit one fiend. Yu will need to get Fira, Blizzara, etc.. to get to hit all fiends in range, and you only get those much later.

Sergeant Hartman
03-03-2007, 10:07 PM
I feel as if I've missed out here, I couldn't wait to get out of the Lhusu mines :(

Formalhaut
03-03-2007, 10:59 PM
I feel as if I've missed out here, I couldn't wait to get out of the Lhusu mines :(

Same! But I am forced to Lv there..

No.78
03-03-2007, 11:06 PM
I run around killing things.