PDA

View Full Version : Simple question...

Frostwake
02-26-2007, 01:26 PM
My memory is a bit foggy but... Can you make an all girl party in this game? Usually in FFs you cant remove the "Hero" so you shouldnt be able to remove Squall, but I was watching a video of Selphie, Rinoa and Quists vs Omega and I dont remember if thats possible or not because I havent played the game in some time... IF it is then I might go for it again, sounds like fun:)

PuPu
02-26-2007, 01:41 PM
It's because in Ultimecia's Castle, you form two parties with all your characters. The only other times you can have a party without Squall is during story events such as the Galbadia Missle Base/NORG Balamb Garden event. I don't think you can normally remove Squall from the party.

Frostwake
02-26-2007, 01:57 PM
It's because in Ultimecia's Castle, you form two parties with all your characters. The only other times you can have a party without Squall is during story events such as the Galbadia Missle Base/NORG Balamb Garden event. I don't think you can normally remove Squall from the party.

Right! Thanks, I didnt remember about the party thing in the castle... Smart idea...

Oh and btw... Can you leave the castle with that party? Lets say I make a low level game until I reach the castle, make an all girl party, and go level it outside... Possible?

Bahamut2000X
02-26-2007, 02:14 PM
If I recall there's a point after the whole Ragnarok fiasco when you come back to land, that afterwards you can switch Squall out, though it has been ages and my memory could just be a bit off on that.

I do believe you can leave the castle....not that there's much reason to, but you'll learn that the hard way after you make it to disc 4.

Frostwake
02-26-2007, 04:55 PM
If I recall there's a point after the whole Ragnarok fiasco when you come back to land, that afterwards you can switch Squall out, though it has been ages and my memory could just be a bit off on that.

I do believe you can leave the castle....not that there's much reason to, but you'll learn that the hard way after you make it to disc 4.

Of course you would need to have Tonberry King for his shop ability because all towns are closed :p but my idea was to get to disk 4 without leveling and then go out with the 3 girls and level them ONLY and beat bahamut, ultima and omega with them :cool:

All this because Lionheart, Duel and Shot make bosses too easy (poor girls got the shaft in this game)

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Unless you want to do all your levelling in Ultimecia's Castle (highly unrecommended), then do so, but I don't see the point. It's EASY to level up in FFVIII, if you know what you're doing. If you want to defeat Bahamut/Ultima with an all girl party just KO Squall before the fight.

Rest assured you can fight Omega Weapon with an all girl party

Bahamut2000X
02-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Hey I enjoyed Rinoa and thought she wasn't a half bad mage. Her limits were nice cause they would go off randomly sometimes without the need for the ever stupid 'You need to be almost dead then a random number will determine if you can use your limit though in which case you'ld probably want to heal yourself to not die, but you'll lose your limit then, but if you use your limit it probably wouldn't affect the battle much.' >.<

Though Selphie's Full Cure Limit was nice if you managed to roll it out.

Xurts
02-26-2007, 10:26 PM
All this because Lionheart, Duel and Shot make bosses too easy (poor girls got the shaft in this game)
The End and Invincible Moon make it pretty easy too.

Frostwake
02-27-2007, 10:53 AM
The End and Invincible Moon make it pretty easy too.

And they are lame and if you use them well... Invincible moon is like using holy wars... Whats the point? With holy wars Square could put Penance in this game and he would still get kicked

rubah
02-28-2007, 12:03 AM
Invincible moon isn't quite like holy wars because you don't know if you'll get it!

Also it's annoying because you cant' heal >:[

TyphoonThaReapa
02-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Regardless of the points your making, beatting certain bosses in the game are still tough. Omega is just horrible!!! I died like 24 times before I beat him. And you can use a party without Squall. Just make Squall faint and switch him out.

Mirage
02-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Don't level grind until you have stat bonus abilities though!