PDA

View Full Version : GaiaKage (My RPG Project)

Vermachtnis
02-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Sorry the name sucks and is kinda corny but I had a hard time coming up with a better name.

Basic Premise
The Earth in the present day (2005 CE) is very technilogically advanced. The humans and animals all coexist on the planet with humans on top. It is a peaceful world and when there is choas we all strive for an equillibrium.

There is another world. A world created in the shadow of Earth. All the choas ignored from our world was filtered through to this. It almost became too much strain on the worlds. Then a gate appeared in Africa around 200 BCE and some choas escaped.

Five hundred years later (300 CE) another gate appeared. A group of fifty went through the gate to try and tame the choas by bringing peace to the world. With nowhere to go the choas took a tangible form. The fifty humans were over powered. The quickly escaped back through the gate. The gate did not vanish this time, however the tangible choas could not come into our world. For over the next twelve hundred years humans and the choas fought each other. Until it was finally killed and his essence was spread over both worlds. Now only desendents of the original fifty can enter and use the gates...

Protaginist (In the order they become playable)
Name (Age): Vertigo (17)
Class: Monk
Weapons: Staff
Bio: A youngin growing up in a small town in Virginia. He doesn't know much about the world outside. He'd like to go to college that is far away, but he doesn't have the grades. Kind nature at heart he can't stand to see others be bullied, but he doesn't have the strength the fight back. Then one day Elly brings him to a new world and he learns Barrier and other support spells.

Elly (16)
Magic Swordsman err...woman
Swords
A crazy red head originally from Prague, Germany. Despite probably being the valedictorion of the school she doesn't think and she skips school alot. She wants to fight and be stronger. But what she really wants is to be acknowledged.

Keiko (17)
Ninja
Two-Katanas
Girl from Okinawa. She is very forgetful and a clutz. Often gets words confused (although that may be because enlish is not her original language). Trained with the legendary Jinpachi.

Rei (15)
Preistess
Bow & Arrow
The youngest of the Osakan sisters. She's also the most shy. She is very insightful to people's feelings. Ignores herself most of the time and tries to make everyone around her feel better.

Miho (25)
Mage (Ice and Lightning)
Staff
The first twin of the eldest of the Osakan sisters, only younger than Sakaki by six minuites. Very quiet but when she speaks it hurts. She gets to the point most of the time.

Makie (22)
Summoner
Book
Middle teir of the Osakan sisters. She's very immature for her age, she very immature for a tweleve year old. She's constantly reading manga and confuses that for reality. Annoys Elly alot.

Abereham (20)
Mage (Fire and Earth)
Staff
He's the resident lecher of the group. He's vague about his home town, so no one really know where he's from. But, he takes nothing serious and is hitting on everybody all the time (except for Rei, cause that's wrong).

Otto (17)
Alchemist
Knife
No one knows where he is from. They say he just showed up at the alchemic workshop of Noel's Pass and hasn't left. He strives to know how the world around him works. Putting science first he ignores his emotions.

Elly Jr. (1, looks 20 though)
Robot
Beam Sword
Robot found in Uri's workshop. Named by Makie when she noticed that Elly and the robot both use swords -_-". It has remarkable AI and learns by those around it. With this group, it's gonna be one messed up robot.

Sakaki (25 and six miniutes)
Geisha
Katana
The oldest of the Osakan sisters. There's a bit of rivalry between her and Elly. She is afraid of nothing. Rumor has she took out a titan by herself. Appears to hate everyone, except for Rei (Who she tries to be a mother figure to).

What do you guys think so far. It's on RPGMaker 2000 (I tried to find XP, but I couldn't) and I've got up to the end of Day 2 made. If someone could tell me how to make a demo, I'd put it up here.

Bahamut2000X
02-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Just make a starting hero point where it needs to be, then just post up the folder somewhere for download, it's easier and better then the built in game installer.

But it looks interesting and has some nifty characters. Goodluck on getting everything finished, this looks like a project I'ld love to see get completed.

Laddy
02-26-2007, 09:28 PM
No too shabby, but I think the characters are too young, good work, though.

Eiko Guy
02-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Don't lesten to red he likes granny fights. but seriously how are you going to tie to each other. I like the ages. As long as they don't Act like masters.

Laddy
02-27-2007, 01:02 AM
Don't lesten to red he likes granny fights. but seriously how are you going to tie to each other. I like the ages. As long as they don't Act like masters.:( I do wish RPG characters could be, like, 30 every now and then.

Eiko Guy
02-27-2007, 01:09 AM
They are old news
Noone wants an old dirty man to save the world

Markus. D
02-27-2007, 03:31 AM
They are old news

Laharl was older than an old dirty man.

x_x;

about a few thousand years old. everybody loves him <3

edit: and what about Zetta?

<3 the idea of the game :3

krissy
02-27-2007, 06:27 AM
sometimes im dislexic

a galaga rpg wouda been interesting though

Slicksword45
02-28-2007, 04:04 AM
They are old news

and yet in HIS rpg idea, he has to many "Young people"

hurray hypocrits :D

Anyway, If you wanted RPG maker XP, you can find it at www.crankeye.com

I like the idea of you'r story so I can't wate to play it :D

Vermachtnis
03-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks for all your possitive feed back. I don't think my character are all *that* young, only five of them or not in there twenties (Elly Jr. doesn't count :p). Sorry about replying kinda late. I was working on Surt's Sancuary and it's taking longer than I expected. I can give y'all what I have now, but just a warning if you find Surt's Sancuary it's only about five or six rooms long.

Also what is a good, but free, way to get the file on the internet.

Craig
03-01-2007, 06:36 PM
if the chaos cant come through the gate why do they spend the next 1200 years fighting it? why not let it twiddles its thumbs on the other side?

or did i miss something?

Vermachtnis
03-01-2007, 06:42 PM
if the chaos cant come through the gate why do they spend the next 1200 years fighting it? why not let it twiddles its thumbs on the other side?

or did i miss something?

My friend asked the same exact question. Here why, because it was their fault the choas was in that world and the people felt they had to take responsibility. There's also a whole new world to explore and new species to meet and if some big bad was gate camping wouldn't you want to take it down?

Eiko Guy
03-01-2007, 11:35 PM
I like how it became tangible. Thats a great idea. Maybe he should be able to get stringer as more evil deeds are done

Craig
03-03-2007, 07:12 PM

or did i miss something?

My friend asked the same exact question. Here why, because it was their fault the choas was in that world and the people felt they had to take responsibility. There's also a whole new world to explore and new species to meet and if some big bad was gate camping wouldn't you want to take it down?

Now, I don't know much about Politics, but is anyone else getting an Iraq vibe from the World of Chaos?

Vermachtnis
03-10-2007, 04:34 AM
http://gaiakage.tripod.com/

Awesome, I got a website now. But I'm poor and it's only a Tripod website.