PDA

View Full Version : Great Questions

Bahamut2000X
02-26-2007, 03:33 PM
This is something I've never quite understood and never noticed till just now here in my computer class. It's something that could change our very thought of technology itself. I mean it's on every computer and yet we hardly give it a second thought when we look past it every day and use it.

I'm talking about....why the smurf is it called a Recycle Bin when you throw out files? You don't exactly recylce files. I mean it seems like some clever ploy by Bill Gates just to make computers seem eco-friendly or something.

So yes, topic, have you ever thought of some inane questions before, and worse yet try and figure them out?

Christmas
02-26-2007, 03:44 PM
I never understood how can such lowlife like NANNY MANUS continue to exist in this world and now I am trying to understand by becoming a MANUS myself. :bigsmile:

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Not off the top of my head. Anyway if something seems inane I'm likely to disregard it

LunarWeaver
02-26-2007, 05:15 PM
I hate wearing ties, and everytime I see one I'm forced to wonder who decided wearing one made you formal. It's just a piece of cloth you toss around your neck and let hang there for no reason. What do ties have to do with anything at all >:O. It bothers me damnit.

XxSephirothxX
02-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Why, in the south, do we call water heaters "hot water heaters?" They are not heating hot water!

Resha
02-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Do we die for a minutest of milliseconds when we sneeze? :D It'd be so cool. Dying for a millisecond.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-26-2007, 05:26 PM
This is something I've never quite understood and never noticed till just now here in my computer class. It's something that could change our very thought of technology itself. I mean it's on every computer and yet we hardly give it a second thought when we look past it every day and use it.

I'm talking about....why the smurf is it called a Recycle Bin when you throw out files? You don't exactly recylce files. I mean it seems like some celvor ploy by Bill Gates just to make computers seem eco-friendly or something.

So yes, topic, have you ever thought of some inane questions before, and worse yet try and figure them out?

maybe its because you can actually restore them and therefor bringing them back...RECYCLING THEM!
am proud of that...dont you dare, anyone, destroy that idea!:greenie:
i have no questions because i know alll, not really but hey

Quindiana Jones
02-26-2007, 08:21 PM
I once tried to figure out if God existed, and now I'm God. Yeys all round!

Shine On...
02-27-2007, 03:04 AM
some celvor ploy by Bill Gates just to make computers seem eco-friendly or something.

Oh that Bill Gates, he is so Celvor!

Bahamut2000X
02-27-2007, 04:32 AM
Doh, don't get on my single typo, it was 9 in the morning on a university computer with IE, unlike my awesome firefox which actually has a built in function to show misspelled words. :cry:

Yamaneko
02-27-2007, 06:04 AM
The Recycle Bin sort of does that by not actually deleting the file(s), but merely making it invisible to the OS and allowing any new data to be written on that part of the HDD. Low-leveling actually permanently deletes data off the drive by writing the drive platter with zeros and ones.

Bahamut2000X
02-27-2007, 06:15 AM
Oh your no fun Yams. Your like the guy who always over thinks the bad jokes. And over thinking bad jokes ain't a cool thing dude.

Shine On...
02-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Doh, don't get on my single typo, it was 9 in the morning on a university computer with IE, unlike my awesome firefox which actually has a built in function to show misspelled words. :cry:

BAHAHAH! I AM CORRECT SPELLING!!

Loony BoB
02-28-2007, 10:05 AM
This one is probably answerable, actually, I was just wondering it this morning. You know when you do a roly-poly... should you go head over heels or make yourself like a log and roll down stretched out? Which is the roly-poly? I think it's the former, but regardless, whichever one it is... what do you call the other one?

BarelySeeAtAll
02-28-2007, 07:37 PM
the log one is, called the log roll, methinks, and roly-poly happens to be the foward roll!xD