PDA

View Full Version : Usefulness!

Hazzard
02-26-2007, 08:18 PM
Do you find it useful to use all your characters, and train them up equally. Or do you prefer to use a chosen couple of chars.
Personally, i use all of them, and train them respectively up to the same exact levels as each other, but Vaan is like 5 levels higher.

What's your ideal team, and who do you put on the sidelines?

LunarWeaver
02-26-2007, 08:23 PM
I'd like to use them all but I'm just too lazy. I pick 3 and everybody else gets screwed. I've played the game 3 times now (I'm a freak like that), so I've used a nice mix and match of them all, but my favorite team is Vaan, Ashe, and Balthier simply because I like those three characters the best personality wise.

Remon
02-26-2007, 08:26 PM
I prefer to use all of them.
My Favourite team is Vaan Fran Penelo :love:

Bahamut2000X
02-26-2007, 08:29 PM
I chose to level them all up and switch them out as one died or depending what I needed. But primairly though I used Basch as my lead melee and tank, Penelo as my MP spam healer, Ashe when Penelo needed a rest, Vaan for stealing and some more damage, Balthier for all those pesky flying enemies and just when I wanted a nice damage dealer, and lastly Fran also for aerial enemies and for some more magic when Ashe and Penelo arn't there.

Hazzard
02-26-2007, 08:41 PM
Hmmm...Thats a very good method of teamwork Bahamut2000X.
Those are the sort of tactics i use to apply to in FF10, i might have to reconsider dropping Penelo now!

Mirage
02-26-2007, 09:34 PM
I usually end up leveling just three, but when I do hunts, I walk around fighting stuff with my secondary party until i find the hunt. That way, they stay sort of up to date, just ~4-8 levels lower.

Xurts
02-26-2007, 10:33 PM
I alternate between two different parties. My first party is Vaan, Ashe, and Fran, and my other is Basch, Balthier, and Penelo. Everyone is always within 2 levels of each other.

Renmiri
02-26-2007, 10:40 PM
I alternate between two different parties. My first party is Vaan, Ashe, and Fran, and my other is Basch, Balthier, and Penelo. Everyone is always within 2 levels of each other.

Same here, I have two tanks, two healers and two ranged attackers

I also do one team with Magick and one with Techniques on the gambits.

This way I have always people with full MP bar for quickenings :D

Hazzard
02-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Do you think i can still make Penelo catch up:
Vaan- 30
Basch- 24
Balthier- 25
Fran- 25
Ashe- 24
Penelo- 13

Guest ( Larsa )- 27

Ya think she still gotta chance, cause i don't?

Remon
02-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Keep only her and Larsa on your team and simply train.I thinks she still has a chance ;)

Hazzard
02-27-2007, 09:15 PM
But...That's gonna be so hard, i should go Yensa area with her and her 'man', Vaan...*wink wink*

rubah
02-27-2007, 10:44 PM
I level everyone up; when someone levels up, I swap someone else in.

I guess if I picked an ultimate team, it might be such as Balthier, Ashe, and Penelo. Although I like basch too. Vaan and Fran are just bleh xD

Renmiri
02-28-2007, 01:50 AM
When you get the Firefly accessory equip it on your party except for Penelo. This way no one gains EXP but her.

No.78
02-28-2007, 08:08 AM
I train everyone equally, that's how I do it in rpgs... I mean, what happens if your party is reduced, and you gotta use a weaker one? Exactly, you're screwed.
I always use Fran/Basche as the leader however.

Wolf Kanno
02-28-2007, 08:22 AM
I try to train everyone up but it's obvious I play favorites. I have three set ups basically.

My main party is Basch(Tank/ Samurai) Lady Ashe (Mage Knight) and Balthier (Jack of All Trades) I usually use Balthier in this set up and basically help whoever seems to be lacking as the battles drag out.

My second party is Fran (Archer/Lancer) Vaan (Mage/Thief) and Penelo(Sage) Their designed for speed and magic and they're my secondary party.

My third set up is Balthier (Gunner), Fran (Archer), and Penelo (Archer/Mage) I only use this set up when dealing with obnoxious flying enemies.

Angel_from_hell
02-28-2007, 06:14 PM
This is my first time playing FF12 and I am not the best in planing tactics, and I am to lazy to level all of the characthers so I just stick to my dream team.
Vaan
Balthier
Fran
But I think that next time I play the game I am surley going to level all of the characthers so all of them is at the same level.

I Don't Need A Name
02-28-2007, 06:27 PM
I'd like to use them all but I'm just too lazy. I pick 3 and everybody else gets screwed. I've played the game 3 times now (I'm a freak like that), so I've used a nice mix and match of them all, but my favorite team is Vaan, Ashe, and Balthier simply because I like those three characters the best personality wise.

yep same! (apart from playing the game 3 times)

Zeromus_X
02-28-2007, 06:31 PM
I just played with three people of my choice. I shouldn't be forced to spend time leveling every character up. Well, thankfully they gain LP even when they aren't being used, so I can use them as Quickening catalysts.

Renmiri
03-01-2007, 09:46 PM
I have a boys and a girls team. It just worked out this way: Basch my tank, Balthier as my archer and Vaan as my thief and Ashe my female tank, Fran the archer and Penelo the thief.

Oh and Team A uses magick while the girls use techniques. This way I always have MP for quickenings :D