PDA

View Full Version : Captain America vs. Cloud Strife

Forsaken Lover
02-27-2007, 12:08 AM
No magic. Both have their standard equipment (Cap with Shiela dn Cloud with whatever sword).

Who would win?

Araciel
02-27-2007, 12:09 AM
what level is cloud

Forsaken Lover
02-27-2007, 12:16 AM
Not any level. He's as we saw him in AC.

Araciel
02-27-2007, 12:17 AM
then cloud wins

Jebus
02-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Captain America would totally destroy that commie bastard.

Jowy
02-27-2007, 12:21 AM
LP LK LP LK QCF + LP QCF + LKFK

Sorry, Cloud. ;)

Slothy
02-27-2007, 12:21 AM
No magic? Cap wins hands down. The man is an excellent strategist and won't give up until he's dead, which won't be happening at Cloud's hands. He's faced tougher and walked away the winner.

Eiko Guy
02-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Captain america would blink and be missing an arm a leg to toes and half an eyebrow.

Forsaken Lover
02-27-2007, 12:25 AM
Yep, Cap should take it.

Just wanted to see if anyone disagreed.

edit:

Captain america would blink and be missing an arm a leg to toes and half an eyebrow.

See what I mean? Funny as hell. :)

Ryth
02-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Captain America for the win. Saying Cloud would win is lol-worthy.

Venom
02-27-2007, 01:26 AM
Both of them kill themselves.

Tavrobel
02-27-2007, 01:27 AM
People actually think that Cloud has a chance of winning?

NeoCracker
02-27-2007, 01:36 AM
No noteable MArvel or DC Hero would loose to any of the enemies or heroes in pretty much any FF Game.

Except of Course that sexy man Reno, he'd kick all their ass's.

Del Murder
02-27-2007, 03:21 AM
If Cloud gets to use materia then he wins. Otherwise Cap.

Tasura
02-27-2007, 08:15 AM
I actually watched Ultimate Avengers earlier, and I doubt Cloud is as strong as half of the things Captain America fought in the movie, so Captain America ftw.

Slothy
02-27-2007, 11:47 AM
If Cloud gets to use materia then he wins. Otherwise Cap.

I personally think that Cap would stand a good chance even with Materia, but without it, it's no contest.

Lawr
02-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Captain America wins.

edczxcvbnm
02-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Captain Propaganda FTW!

theundeadhero
02-27-2007, 05:08 PM
How are you going to pit someone real like Captain America against an imaginary character like Cloud?

Peegee
02-27-2007, 06:10 PM
in the marvel / dc crossover cpt america and batman fought for hours to a draw.

cpt america > cloud.

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Captain America. Definitely.

If Cloud had his Materia he might stand a chance, but without it he's toast.

black orb
02-27-2007, 06:41 PM
>>> FF vs DC/Marvel = worst crossover ever..

I guess those 2 would fight till both kill themselves..

TyphoonThaReapa
02-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Captain America. Definitely.

If Cloud had his Materia he might stand a chance, but without it he's toast.

On a real son...

escobert
02-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Please shoot me. Alice in wonderland would win of course. What's next weeks topic ?

Tiffa vs Psyduck WHO WOULD WIN?

Eiko Guy
02-27-2007, 11:05 PM
You know whats funny cloud beat sephi but if you ask sephi vs captain america then sephi would either win from opinions. OR lose because people wanna hide their fan worship. Oh yeah cloud would e like slice and cap would be like I heart IRAQ

Laddy
02-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Cloud would use his hair to decimate the cap.

Medi
02-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Cloud would lose himself in all of his mental issues before the fight even begins.

Martyr
02-27-2007, 11:46 PM
How are you going to pit someone real like Captain America against an imaginary character like Cloud?

4evarisha
02-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Captin America ! Sorry Cloud!

NINJA_Ryu
02-28-2007, 01:31 AM
Cmon, Adamantium Shield and Super Soilder syrum?

Cap ferever!

Slothy
02-28-2007, 02:03 AM

Cap ferever!

Vibranium Steel alloy actually. It's still indestructable though, and has the added benefit of absorbing kinetic energy as well. Nothing short of cosmic level beings has ever been able to damage or destroy it.

Del Murder
02-28-2007, 02:47 AM
I didn't see magic wasn't allowed. If Cloud had Knights of Round then forget about it. Sneak Attack+Kotr = Dead America. As it stands now, no HP+ or Double Cut materia is going to hold up against that shield. If he got a Limit Break he could win but he'd die way before that. He would have to Limit Break before the battle, and come in with a bunch of mastered First Strikes, and hope that one Omnislash is enough.

Tavrobel
02-28-2007, 02:53 AM
If we consider his shield as though it were armor, it'd also reduce damage by a significant amount. We need a BtV inspired fan-fic of Cloud versus Capt. America!

Holy Lancer
02-28-2007, 02:59 AM
Omg are you serious? Cloud would own Captain America so bad. No contest.

Tasura
02-28-2007, 10:42 AM

Cap ferever!

Vibranium Steel alloy actually. It's still indestructable though, and has the added benefit of absorbing kinetic energy as well. Nothing short of cosmic level beings has ever been able to damage or destroy it.

It's actually Adamantium AND Vibranium alloy.

Loony BoB
02-28-2007, 11:15 AM
It's not exactly a very fair battle as Cloud has to wait a couple of seconds while standing still between his attacks while Captain America battles in real-time.

Slothy
02-28-2007, 11:51 AM

It's actually Adamantium AND Vibranium alloy.

I realize that's what has been published in the Marvel Handbook in the past and that even some writers went along with it, but they don't always get everything right. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America%27s_shield#The_indestructible_shield

As for Cloud being able to pull out the win, any ability of his that involves hitting Cap with his sword won't work. That Shield can take it all with a smile. Heck, it could probably take most magic attacks too, so Cloud would be dead before he even realized he couldn't hurt the shield.

GF_Diablos
02-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Yeah I'm not a huge Cap' fan but I think he would win, just a better tactician and fighter

Tasura
02-28-2007, 12:27 PM
* In the animated movie Ultimate Avengers, based on The Ultimates but with several changes, Captain America uses an adamantium/vibranium shield.

That is what I was referencing too.

Bunny
02-28-2007, 01:26 PM
A vote for Cloud is a vote for communism.

Captain America because I am a patriot.

Lawr
02-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Captain America wins.

oddler
02-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Captain America is the obvious victor.

LunarWeaver
03-01-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm choosing Cloud for sure :jess:. However, were this about Captain Planet vs. Cloud my answer would be quite different.

Slothy
03-01-2007, 12:59 AM
* In the animated movie Ultimate Avengers, based on The Ultimates but with several changes, Captain America uses an adamantium/vibranium shield.

That is what I was referencing too.

Forgot about that. I guess we're both right depending on which Cap we're talking about. Pretty much any version would slaughter Cloud though.

Kefka_Almighty
03-01-2007, 04:26 AM
Captain America. No contest, just....Captain America. For when Captain America throws his shield, all who oppose the shield must yield! So the good Captain for the win.

BatChao
03-01-2007, 07:10 AM
Captain America... cuz he's American... and cool.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-01-2007, 07:33 AM
I don't think even the physical boosting materia gives Cloud the edge over Captain America, who is far stronger and better trained. Cloud is young and his training is fairly poor in comparison to Captain America, who has extensive training in many arts involved with beating the crap out of people. Plus, Captain America is the pinnacle of human capability, whereas Cloud is a failed clone.

Samuraid
03-01-2007, 08:19 AM
On one hand, Cloud is quite agile and superhuman in many respects, even without equipment.

On the other, Captain America is a marvel superhero and has quite superhuman abilities and strength.

I can't call it either way. It almost seems like comparing apples to oranges, especially since both heroes exist in completely separate universes.

GF_Diablos
03-01-2007, 12:02 PM
both heroes exist in completely separate universes.

This is a good point, it's hard to incorporate Magic into the Marvel Universe successfully and gauge it's power, after all Dr Strange is one of the most powerful Marvel characters and that's his thing.
Maybe if we were using FF physics Cloud would win for having home advantage of such powerful magic.

Firo Volondé
03-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Wikipedia also says this about his shield.

Captain America uses several shields throughout his history, the most recognizable of which is an indestructible discus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discus)-shaped shield made from a fusion of vibranium with an experimental steel alloy (not adamantium-vibranium as sometimes erroneously stated).

In a fight, I think Captain America would win. Unless Cloud could find a way to bypass the shield, which would be unlikely.

Loony BoB
03-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Doesn't Cloud have more than one sword used in Advent Children? Pretty sure Captain America only has one shield, so if it's just a case of "Can Cloud get through the shield?" then the answer would logically be "Yes."

NeoCracker
03-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Doesn't Cloud have more than one sword used in Advent Children? Pretty sure Captain America only has one shield, so if it's just a case of "Can Cloud get through the shield?" then the answer would logically be "Yes."

The other question is could Cloud actually pull of that weird omnislash on Captain america, who with his inhuman speed and power and 3 forms of martail arts be likely to get caught in a circle of Swords? No.

And for another note, Cloud uses each sword seperatley, not at once. Cap only needs to block each strike as they come. And given his speed, turning to block each strike is nothing for the true spirit of america.

Loony BoB
03-01-2007, 01:57 PM
I don't see why Cloud can't use two of his smaller, lighter swords at once, particularly given that he often uses a single hand to wield the big one.

But as I've said earlier in the thread, Cloud is at a distinct disadvantage given that he has to wait a few seconds between every hit, what with the FFVII battle format. ;)

Bunny
03-01-2007, 02:37 PM
He could, but fighting with two weapons at the same time is very awkward unless you are appropriately trained for such a thing. And since Cloud usually doesn't duel wield his weapons, that puts him at a disadvantage. He would be slower on that attack, even without a few second pause in between attacks. Slow enough for Captain America to bring his shield around to block a second attack.

Elite Lord Sigma
03-01-2007, 08:50 PM
You're comparing a young man with a giant sword versus a trained supersoldier with an indestructible shield? This is no contest.

Eiko Guy
03-01-2007, 11:27 PM
So if we breathed the breath of life into both of them I still see cloud winning.

Captain america throws his shield, Cloud speeds using his super human abilities and decapitates cap. We all know cloud is faster, and physically stronger. I also could see cloud batting away the shield using his superior strength.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Cloud's not faster than Captain America. Cloud's not stronger than Captain America. Cloud can't conceivably break Captain America's defense because Captain America is just that much superior to Cloud in terms of training and skill.

Also, on the duel-wielding, that's generally a fairly inefficient combat tactic. That aside, when I watched Advent Children I always though Cloud looked fairly awkward using two weapons. It's not his forte, and doing that against Captain America is a recipe for disaster.

Tavrobel
03-02-2007, 12:17 AM
We all know cloud is faster, and physically stronger. I also could see cloud batting away the shield using his superior strength.

I just want to say ROFLMAO, because if you had any knowledge of anything, you'd know this statement is false.

Slothy
03-02-2007, 12:27 AM
I also could see cloud batting away the shield using his superior strength.

Since Cap's shield is made partially of Vibranium absorbs most kinetic energy that hits it. It's why he can use it to block shots from characters with super strength on a regular basis without breaking his arm. Nothing Cloud has ever done suggests to me that he can hit it with enough force to simply bat it away.

For that matter, he doesn't have super speed. I might grant that he'd have superhuman strength given the things he did in Advent Children, but that's exaggerated Anime style fighting, so it'd be anyones guess. Regardless, Cap would likely be as fast or faster, and he doesn't need to be stronger to beat him.

Eiko Guy
03-02-2007, 12:31 AM
I just could see cloud so easily catching cap on the side with a good bat with that cleaver weapon of his. Super strength if it transfers all over your body you will be faster than noral. Super strong legs = higher jumps and faster feet

Tavrobel
03-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Super strong legs = higher jumps and faster feet

LOL reflexes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America#Powers_and_abilities).

Slothy
03-02-2007, 01:14 AM
I just could see cloud so easily catching cap on the side with a good bat with that cleaver weapon of his. Super strength if it transfers all over your body you will be faster than noral. Super strong legs = higher jumps and faster feet

There's a lot more to being fast than having super strength. In fact, a lot of guys I've seen in martial arts and other various fighting arts who are the fastest, aren't the strongest by a large margin. The sort of strength it takes for Cloud to wield that Buster Sword oh his wouldn't translate into him being faster. If anything, he'd be significantly slower than if he was used to training with a lighter weapon, even if he had super strength. Cap is the peak of human capability, which means not only is he strong, but fast as well. And even if Cloud batted him with the Buster Sword, as long as it hits Cap's shield (and odds are it will), Cap can stand there and take it with ease.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-02-2007, 01:57 AM
The standard buster sword is also an unwieldy weapon by definition and any blade that large would be extremely easy to read the attack patterns of, the sheer size doesn't allow for much variance in the strikes. Plus, as Captain America's shield does absorb kinetic energy, as was stated, he could easily break any kind of combination attack Cloud attempts to make to the point in which he'd throw Cloud's balance off entirely. At that point, the Captain would tank Cloud in no time at all.

Also note the intelligence boost. Cloud's unstable at best, and Captain America should have no trouble outsmarting him. Combat isn't just about speed and strength, if you are a smart fighter you can come out on top more often than not.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-02-2007, 10:58 PM
The standard buster sword is also an unwieldy weapon by definition and any blade that large would be extremely easy to read the attack patterns of, the sheer size doesn't allow for much variance in the strikes. Plus, as Captain America's shield does absorb kinetic energy, as was stated, he could easily break any kind of combination attack Cloud attempts to make to the point in which he'd throw Cloud's balance off entirely. At that point, the Captain would tank Cloud in no time at all.

Also note the intelligence boost. Cloud's unstable at best, and Captain America should have no trouble outsmarting him. Combat isn't just about speed and strength, if you are a smart fighter you can come out on top more often than not.

You talk about Cloud like he's some mindless brute...That's tight!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Not mindless, just extremely unstable mentally and lacking anywhere near the tactical and combat training Captain America has.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Not mindless, just extremely unstable mentally and lacking anywhere near the tactical and combat training Captain America has.

I feel you. Too bad Clouds not the Incredible Hulk.

{cloud}
03-03-2007, 03:36 AM
lets see cap?... cloud?...cap?...cloud?... who wins? neither,because both will fall to the awesome powers of Lewis Black

NeoCracker
03-03-2007, 03:45 AM
lets see cap?... cloud?...cap?...cloud?... who wins? neither,because both will fall to the awesome powers of Lewis Black

As cool he is, Witty and funny jokes don't really stand up to a giant meteor.

theundeadhero
03-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Neither did Cloud.

Mirage
03-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Captain America loses simply because of his name. No, this doesn't mean I think Cloud is good.

Slothy
03-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Captain America loses simply because of his name. No, this doesn't mean I think Cloud is good.

You don't actually know much about Captain America's character do you?

Mirage
03-03-2007, 01:23 PM
I don't need to.

Slothy
03-03-2007, 01:30 PM
I don't need to.

Well you see, it seems to me that you're making the same mistake that myself and a friend of mine used to make; assuming that Captain America is nothing but the pinnacle of American patriotism, and not worth bothering with as a character. My friend and I have since learned, however, that we are in fact idiots and our assumptions don't even remotely resemble the true character. In fact, he's become one of our favourite characters in the Marvel Universe in recent years (and we're Canadian by the way). If I'm correct and this is the line of thought that lead to your initial statement, then I suggest you do a little research on the character if you have any interest in comics at all. Cap isn't some blindly patriotic government tool.

Bunny
03-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Hahahaha

I love Vivi22.

Mirage
03-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Even if he isn't a stereotypic patriotic hero, he still loses because of his name ;).

Slothy
03-03-2007, 02:54 PM
I guess there's no reasoning with some people. :p

Hahahaha

I love Vivi22.

Sorry, I'm taken. ;)

Mirage
03-03-2007, 03:17 PM
No worries, he's not the first person I mock just because of the name.

NeoCracker
03-03-2007, 03:43 PM
The Caps Shield Took Blows From Hulk and remained unharmed. Clouds screwed.

Mirage
03-03-2007, 03:46 PM
But can it take a METEORAIN?

Tavrobel
03-03-2007, 03:52 PM

His shield came from a METEORAIN lawlz!

Slothy
03-03-2007, 04:31 PM

I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but nothing short of cosmic level characters of godlike power and/or those capable of manipulating matter at the subatomic level has ever really damaged/destroyed the shield. You can see who and how in the link I posted regarding Caps shield.

Besides that, the Hulk has done some rediculously impressive things in his day such as holding up a mountain, and carrying an island on his back, while swimming, and last but not least, destroying an asteroid twice the size of the Earth (wouldn't that be called a planet though?). Granted, he'd have to be mighty ticked to do some of that (particularly now), but if he can't hurt Caps shield, Meteorain isn't going to do squat.

Tavrobel
03-03-2007, 04:42 PM
...destroying an asteroid twice the size of the Earth (wouldn't that be called a planet though?).

Off topic: To be perfectly fair, Planets (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet) orbit something, asteroids don't. But I'm sure we can understand that you are trying to explain the size/magnitude of something destroyed by the Hulk.

Oddly enough, the featured article is about galaxies.

Eiko Guy
03-03-2007, 11:51 PM
hehe I guess the only person who could win would be super man or the flash. Someone with superspeed is I guess the only way.

Slothy
03-04-2007, 02:02 AM
hehe I guess the only person who could win would be super man or the flash. Someone with superspeed is I guess the only way.

Not true (though super speed would certainly help greatly). Just in the last few months Cap's been beaten by the likes of Iron Man, and Spider-Man put up a good fight. In fact, I'd credit his pure tactical skill and Spidey's heart not being in the fight as the reason he didn't outright lose that one (I'd say Spidey's webs would give him a great way to disarm Cap, and from there he outclasses him in every physical way). Cap can put up a good fight against anyone who can't disarm him outright, and doesn't totally outclass him physically. Actually, in a fight I'd say that most of the Fantastic Four could beat him as well for starters (especially Reed, Johnny, and Sue. Thing could be up in the air since I don't see him getting around the shield easily, but can't see Cap hurting him either). I just don't see Cloud as being either powerful enough, nor smart enough to bring Cap down.

On another note; yeah I know I'm a geek. Maybe one of these days someone will do a vs. with a character I know nothing about so I can take a break. :D

Eiko Guy
03-04-2007, 06:15 AM
Wellof course not super sppeed alone. whats the formula for force. anyway the faster its moving the harder it hits when that inertia is passed through you.

Loony BoB
03-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Vincent. Now, Vincent could beat Captain America.

NeoCracker
03-08-2007, 03:46 PM
I think Cloud could easily beat Cap now.

Cap Spoilors (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=102746)

Bunny
03-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Not if Spider-Man used a Phoenix Down!

Eiko Guy
03-09-2007, 12:56 AM
A phoenix down would work just like it did on aeris /:)

Tavrobel
03-09-2007, 01:00 AM
You can't use a Pheonix Down on yourself!

Remedy
03-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Cloud will fell
C.A will LOL