PDA

View Full Version : Nomura spreads new info about Final Fantasy XIII(and Kingdom Hearts)

Crossblades
02-27-2007, 10:34 PM
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2007/022707a.html

In a recent interview with Japanese gaming magazine Gemaga, Tetsuya Normura gave some new details on the upcoming Final Fantasy XIII. Nomura began things by talking about a new character named "Mr. 33 cm." This is a reference to his shoe size, and aside from that, little is known about him. The only other things known are that his combat style is humorous and he is a rather wild person.

Nomura also mentioned that the combat in Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be a blend of other Square Enix titles including that found in Kingdom Hearts II and Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII. The player's point-of-view will also change depending on the weapon equipped. For example, a sword would be third-person, and guns would move the camera to a first-person perspective. Nomura also confirmed air ships would make an appearance, but he didn't say what roles they would play.

At that point, Nomura shifted topics a bit moving on to other projects. He feels it is impossible to concentrate on two projects at the same time, so he wants to finish Final Fantasy Versus XIII first before moving on to the next game in the Kingdom Hearts series. This would also allow him to incorporate elements of Versus into it.

In conclusion, Nomura also announced that Versus would be the last Final Fantasy he would be directing. He wishes to focus exclusively on the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Nifleheim7
02-27-2007, 11:13 PM
The combat sounds cool.I'm very curious about this.
And although i like Nomura's style i'm glad he is leaving FF,change is always good(but please Square,bring Uematsu back...)

Aerisfanatic
02-28-2007, 03:26 AM
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2007/022707a.html

[quote]
In a recent interview with Japanese gaming magazine Gemaga, Tetsuya Normura gave some new details on the upcoming Final Fantasy XIII. Nomura began things by talking about a new character named "Mr. 33 cm." This is a reference to his shoe size, and aside .

quote] are you sure about that caus im sure nomura would have found a more creative name than a shoe size and im pretty sure the main character is female not male

Diango12
02-28-2007, 06:20 AM
Mr. 33 cm

pfft :mad:

Sounds really good if he says there incorporating foreign elements from the other FF series then I just hope its not going to be similar to kingdom hearts in that way. I would prefer the characters be actually part of the story not just some other worldy "get in the wayers"

LunaNaelyan
02-28-2007, 09:06 AM
This is a reference to his shoe size
Shoe size?! I'll bet. :rolleyes2
Tetsuya, stop exaggerating already, we don't believe you.

Setzer Gabianni
02-28-2007, 09:24 AM
..It's probably just a code name, duh. Do you really expect him to be called Mr.33cm throughout the whole game?

I wish they'd bring more info out already. I seriously want to see what their Cid looks like. I don't think anything will surpass XII's Cid though.

He was such a crazy, sexy bastard, no other Cid could ever possibly compete against him!

DK
02-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Why are you going on such dirty sites for your news?

http://www.eyesonff.com/

Right here baby. :cool:

Hazzard
02-28-2007, 05:57 PM
...I'm not really pleased about the combat system- the Dirge of Ceberus thing puts me off, but then again i've never played the game, but i heard the battling system wasn't too good...

Marshall Banana
02-28-2007, 07:18 PM
He feels it is impossible to concentrate on two projects at the same time, so he wants to finish Final Fantasy Versus XIII first before moving on to the next game in the Kingdom Hearts series.
Poo.

In conclusion, Nomura also announced that Versus would be the last Final Fantasy he would be directing. He wishes to focus exclusively on the Kingdom Hearts franchise.
Ohh! <3<3<3

Kingdom Hearts is more important anyway. Haha, Mister Thirty-three Centimeters.

Moon Rabbits
02-28-2007, 11:36 PM

Mmmmmmm that's good eatin's.

Crossblades
03-04-2007, 02:29 PM
i looked it up the main charcter is female her name isnt mr.33cm and its not her codename either we dont know what her name is but her code name is lightning

We already know that. If you would've paid attention to the article and the other threads that were posted in the XIII forum, you would've known that we were talking about this guy(link on the bottom), not Lightning. Plus, the article I posted never said Mr. 33 CM is the main character

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff13/screens/ff13ss022707-1.html