PDA

View Full Version : Gau's Rage

LoKuS
02-27-2007, 11:51 PM
What are some of Gau's best rage attacks? I just got him and im getting rages in Veldt now.

Cruise Control
02-27-2007, 11:55 PM
Stray cat!
Also, if you mute Gau, use Intangir. TANKS!

Flying Mullet
02-28-2007, 12:01 AM
Stray Cat, Bomb and Ghost are three of the best rages when you first get Gau. Stray Cat can perform Cat Scratch, which deals massive physical damage (and is one of the best physical attack rages for Gau the entire game). Bomb can cast Fira on all enemies and Ghost can cast Thundara on all enemies.

LoKuS
02-28-2007, 12:33 AM
sounds good and what happens when i mute Gau?

Cruise Control
02-28-2007, 12:46 AM
Well Intangir is a fantastic rage. But he has a 50% chance of self-destruct. Mute prevents this, making it an uber rage for tanking.

Jowy
02-28-2007, 01:02 AM
I've been using Tyrannosaur a lot. Multi-target Meteor(not the Esper learned spell, that one that actually hurts) is a nice thing to have.

LoKuS
02-28-2007, 01:16 AM
Well Intangir is a fantastic rage. But he has a 50% chance of self-destruct. Mute prevents this, making it an uber rage for tanking.
where can i find intangir?

Jowy
02-28-2007, 01:30 AM
They spawn on Triangle Island in the World of Balance.

Necronopticous
02-28-2007, 04:44 AM
Stray Cat, Bomb and Ghost are three of the best rages when you first get Gau. Stray Cat can perform Cat Scratch, which deals massive physical damage (and is one of the best physical attack rages for Gau the entire game). Bomb can cast Fira on all enemies and Ghost can cast Thundara on all enemies.Bomb actually uses Blaze, which isn't bad, but Templar is the one you want for Fira, also Templar has innate "Shell" effect, so you get that too.

Cat Scratch pretty much sucks post SNES, the PSX and GBA versions toned down the 4x attack so it's not very useful anymore.

Ghost does cast Thundara, but it sucks because of the whole undead thing, and Hazer is just generally all around more useful for the Thundara thing, because on top of that you aren't undead, you get instant death protection and some other nifty protections.

I'd say the best rage for the first time you visit the veldt is Marshal/Guard Leader (The boss of the Locke & Moogle scene), he has Wind Slash which tears up enemies in the world of balance, all enemies on the screen, in fact.

Rhodox/Mu is another good one for the first trip through the veldt, he's got snare which can instant-kill lots of enemies in the early world of balance.

Overmind/Oversoul for Elf Fire.

Man, there's just too many to list.

Zechs
02-28-2007, 06:31 AM
I liked Brawler for stone. It can sometimes cause massive damage.
Gold Bear for gouge is a good physical.
Retainer because of the shock ability.

Darius
02-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Even though its been said already, Ill say what I use most.

Tyrannosaur: Boost his magic and he can easily deal 9999 to everything on screen.

Yojimbo: This ones cool because it does Leos Shock attack.

Stray Cat: The Cat Scratch attack, even though its supposedly toned down, still deals massive damage. Theres not much arguing with a level 30 Gau hitting for 6000 damage per round.

I mainly use Tyrannosaur for the Meteor but I like to have fun and try all different kinds of rages. Sometimes you can find some pretty interesting ones.

darksword12
03-19-2007, 12:23 AM
I laugh when I think of the bomb rage. Like, Gau returns to the party after leaping onto a bomb and he's all like, "Gau learn to explode!" I can just imagine this. Does anyone else find this funny?