PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question About FF NES

Martyr
02-28-2007, 05:23 AM
Does FAST stack?

I doubt it does, but I know that Sabre, Invs, and Ruse stack.

I've never actually used fast on a character twice in a battle (Unless he'd been SLOWed), and so I'm curious if the effects double.

Of course, I could test it on my own, but I'd rather just hear it.

Besides, it's kind of a neat question, I think, and so... Let the forumites have an answer!

Fatal Impurity
02-28-2007, 09:06 AM
I doubt it...its rare for haste/FAST to stack (i think FF10 stacked didnt it?)

Black Mage FF1
02-28-2007, 09:29 PM
No it doesnt stack. Sabre doesn't either. Considering that it doesn't work on the nes version.

Martyr
03-01-2007, 02:22 AM
No it doesnt stack. Sabre doesn't either. Considering that it doesn't work on the nes version.

Oh, is that right?

I just figured it stacked since nothing changed.

Pretty stupid assumption to make, now that I think about it.

aquatius
03-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Sabre does stack, at least in the GBA version it does.

darksword12
03-31-2007, 06:16 AM
See this link for a comic on the subject:

http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=051117

Obviously, this might not be true, but who knows.

Sefie1999AD
03-31-2007, 08:39 PM
I don't think Fast/Haste stacks. I didn't know Invis stacks, but Temper and Saber certainly do stack. If you keep casting Temper and Saber on a Knight with some strong weapon, he can eventually cause thousands of HP of damage. I was fighting imps/goblins, and the Knight did 3765 HP damage against an enemy, and after casting Temper and Saber for a few more rounds, he did 5368 HP damage against another enemy. This was in the Origins version.

ReloadPsi
04-01-2007, 01:34 AM
The spells have always been described as adding a specific number to your attack, and don't say anything about just giving some kinda boost (except in Origins, where they stack anyway, except Haste unfortunately).

I wish Haste could stack. That'd be so awesome.