PDA

View Full Version : [A] Ada Wong

Slade
02-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Okey Dokey, my third thread ever :jess:

Here's my latest drawing of Ada Wong from Resident Evil 4. I only just recently got the game and it's great. Ada has always been one of my favourite characters since Resident Evil 2, so I thought it was appropriate to do a fanart of her.

Drawn with an HB pencil, coloured in Photoshop 7. In case you were wondering about some of the rough edges, I decided to just scan and colour the pencil drawing as I quite often end up ruining my pictures during the inking process. Plus I thought that the messy....ness would add to the character of the drawing.

Anyway, I've rambled long enough, tell me what you think. And check out my gallery (http://fanart.eyesonff.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=12679) in the Artist's Gallery to see some more of my crap :monster:

Rocket Edge
02-28-2007, 12:14 PM
The posture of the way she's holding the gun is just ace. The expression is great also, but that's kinda like, standard for your drawings. Swell job. :up:

fire_of_avalon
02-28-2007, 12:59 PM
I like it. I think you have an interesting style, and her expression is very Ada. :)

Slade
03-03-2007, 03:54 AM
Hey thanks for the comments guys. I expected a few more but oh well. It's probably my favourite of my drawings so far, despite the simplicity of the composition. The colouring worked well too, which is good because colour is one of those 'hit or miss' types of things that make or break my drawings. Anyway, again, thanks for the comments :jess:

Oh, and don't hesitate to post a comment for the picture itself in my gallery (yes, I am trying to brainwash you) :D

NeoCracker
03-03-2007, 11:40 AM
I'd so do that drawing.

Agent Proto
03-03-2007, 01:53 PM
I really like your style. The coloring is nice and simple, which is something I'm accustomed to myself. Very well done job on the dress.

LauraD
03-03-2007, 05:50 PM
she's cute!!!

Slade
03-04-2007, 08:50 AM
I really like your style. The coloring is nice and simple, which is something I'm accustomed to myself. Very well done job on the dress.
Yeah I prefer simple and limited colour also. Basically I choose to colour using only two types of tones: the actual colour of whatever it is I'm colouring and a darker (usually quite extreme) variation of the same colour. Personally I think it has alot more impact than using (example) four different lights and four different darks PLUS the original colour. But that's just me. I went through a phase of trying to colour my pictures with that many tones but they just ended up blending together and becoming, to me, boring in comparison.
My last few pictures, however, have used the two tone method, which I have fallen in love with and am soon to marry, have kids and live a life on the prarie farming tumbleweeds.

Odaisé Gaelach
03-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Ohh, good. Really, really good! :love:

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
03-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Aww, It's adorable. xD. I really like the style you've got there. It's sig worthy, actually. :bigsmile:

Garnie
03-12-2007, 03:21 AM
i cant use photoshop! iv only ever been worthy for ms paint

Garnie
03-12-2007, 03:21 AM
oh and cool drawing hunnie

black orb
03-12-2007, 06:51 AM
>>> Nice but I still think your FF5 picture is the best..

Tempest
03-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Oh, Slade. That's a great picture. Nice style and nice expression. :)

Peter_20
03-15-2007, 10:29 PM
That's cool.
Thumbs up, man. :thumb:

Slade
03-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Hey thanks for all the comments. I didn't expect to get so many. Much appreciated and glad you all like it :bigsmile: