PDA

View Full Version : FFVI for the first time!

Deborah
02-28-2007, 10:11 AM
This is my first time, sadly, playing any Final Fantasy game and I am so happy with this game...I was encouraged by Necronopticous to play and I'm so happy that I am. The story and music are amazing!! Its going to be a game I know Ill play over and over again! And I got FFV for my birthday! So ill continue on and hopefully play them all one day! I just had to share the enjoyment this game has given me and the great love I have for it now! Although I'm not done with the game yet but soon! =]

Roto13
02-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Such a joyous event warrants the use of many exclamation points.

Bunny
02-28-2007, 12:57 PM

I agree.

Mirage
02-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Seeing as you failed to supply the exclamation points, I will do so.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

sockmonkey
02-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Savor it my friend, savor it.

Flying Mullet
02-28-2007, 02:22 PM
Seeing as you failed to supply the exclamation points, I will do so.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
And I will add more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you're enjoying it. :)

Araciel
02-28-2007, 02:44 PM
yeah FF6 is my fave so far.

rockin on rockin on!

LoKuS
02-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Savor it my friend, savor it.:bigbiggri

Necronopticous
02-28-2007, 06:10 PM
It's easy to see who the real hero is here.

Zeromus_X
02-28-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm happy you enjoy the game. :) :cat:

Deborah
03-01-2007, 01:21 AM
It's easy to see who the real hero is here.

Yes you are a true hero for getting me to play such an awesome game.
Thanks Jeremy!

Also thanks for all the help when I get suck or lost in the game as well. =/

I'm enjoying this game a lot and its nice to see so many other people do as well. =]

Also....I think Mog and Relm are the best/cutest characters..aw.

Kefka_Almighty
03-01-2007, 04:18 AM

Exactly. Ah, to be young again, and to play FF VI for the first time again....

Meeeemmmoooorriiiieeessss....!

Wolf Kanno
03-01-2007, 07:24 AM

Exactly. Ah, to be young again, and to play FF VI for the first time again....

Meeeemmmoooorriiiieeessss....!

I'll second that.

But playing through FFVIA gave me a similiar experience as the first time:love:

I'm glad you're enjoying the game.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marshall Banana
03-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Actually, I hope you like FFV better. =P

Frostwake
03-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Out of the first 9, FFVI is my least favourite, so if you think this is good, get ready for the others

Darius
03-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Personally, FFIV (ff2a) was my favorite until FFVI (ff3a) came out. I dont think I played through the entire game as many times as iv but the story was so much more appealing. In alot, ALOT, of the other games when you get a new character its kinda like: "Hey were a party and we want to save the world, wanna join?" "Hmm, OK!!!"

In FFVI every character has a back story and you actually get to know some of their past before they join you (unless its a 'secret' character like Umaro or GoGo). Its a great story but at the same time, I think this one is tied with VII for story. VII actually brought a tear to my eye when Aeris died. :cry:

ljkkjlcm9
03-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Personally, FFIV (ff2a) was my favorite until FFVI (ff3a) came out. I dont think I played through the entire game as many times as iv but the story was so much more appealing. In alot, ALOT, of the other games when you get a new character its kinda like: "Hey were a party and we want to save the world, wanna join?" "Hmm, OK!!!"

In FFVI every character has a back story and you actually get to know some of their past before they join you (unless its a 'secret' character like Umaro or GoGo). Its a great story but at the same time, I think this one is tied with VII for story. VII actually brought a tear to my eye when Aeris died. :cry:

this one makes me sad every time Leo dies, and when Celes tries to kill herself... course I haven't cried, but I'm more touched by those two moments then Aeris dieing...

THE JACKEL

Bunny
03-01-2007, 01:08 PM

Umaro had a reason. Mog told him to join so he joined, he didn't have any other choice.

Darius
03-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Umaro had a reason. Mog told him to join so he joined, he didn't have any other choice.

[quote=Darius;2112529]every character has a back story and you actually get to know some of their past before they join you

Thats what I was talking about. Only a couple dont. Umaro is a yeti in Narshe. Mog says join us now! End of story. Gogo you find in a worm. End of story. Most everyone else has an actual story behind their character.

Flying Mullet
03-01-2007, 02:22 PM
That's why they're considered optional characters. They have no back-story.

Darius
03-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Possible Spoiler Alert:

Most characters can be considered that, though, if you REALLY want to look at it as optional. Once your in the WoR, the only characters you really get before the airship are Celes, Sabin, Setzer and (I think) Edgar. Everyone else is optional as far as beating the game. And it is possible to beat the game with only 3 characters. So getting all the others are, as you mentioned, optional. Sure gogo and umaro dont have back stories and arent considered "main characters" but they are still joinable characters that once you have, you always have. They are optional as well, you just dont find out much, at all, about their history.

Mirage
03-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Let's call them bonus characters instead of optional characters then :p.

Darius
03-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Lol. Bonus it is then :D

ljkkjlcm9
03-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Most characters can be considered that, though, if you REALLY want to look at it as optional. Once your in the WoR, the only characters you really get before the airship are Celes, Sabin, Setzer and (I think) Edgar. Everyone else is optional as far as beating the game. And it is possible to beat the game with only 3 characters. So getting all the others are, as you mentioned, optional. Sure gogo and umaro dont have back stories and arent considered "main characters" but they are still joinable characters that once you have, you always have. They are optional as well, you just dont find out much, at all, about their history.

Actually the only characters required in the WoR are Celes, Edgar, and Setzer. Just 3 characters. Sabin is completely optional as well. In case you didn't notice... beat the game and see all the cut scenes. Basically every cut scene has Edgar, Celes, or Setzer... or some combination of them. Just something interesting I noticed. I was planning to go back through at some point and beat the game using all sorts of combinations to see what endings I would see, such as Relm without Strago, but I never actually did.

THE JACKEL

Darius
03-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Ah thats cool. I included Sabin cause you pass the town hes while your on the way to the next one. Thats neat that you pointed out those 3 (or at least one) in every ending cutscene. Ill have to check that out. I have a save on the floating continent so Ill go through the WoR with just those 3 and see how the games ending is. I know terra plays a part in it but what if you dont "get" her?

Thanks for that. Never noticed it myself but imma try to see some differences in endings as well now.:)

03-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Actually the only characters required in the WoR are Celes, Edgar, and Setzer. Just 3 characters. Sabin is completely optional as well. In case you didn't notice... beat the game and see all the cut scenes. Basically every cut scene has Edgar, Celes, or Setzer... or some combination of them. Just something interesting I noticed. I was planning to go back through at some point and beat the game using all sorts of combinations to see what endings I would see, such as Relm without Strago, but I never actually did.
THE JACKAL

Wait, what? There are different endings? I played through the game a ton of times and never noticed. The last play through I just beat I didn't take Cyan or Gau, but I still saw both their scenes. Don't you get all their scenes no matter who you take?

ljkkjlcm9
03-02-2007, 02:47 AM
Wait, what? There are different endings? I played through the game a ton of times and never noticed. The last play through I just beat I didn't take Cyan or Gau, but I still saw both their scenes. Don't you get all their scenes no matter who you take?

how do you get the scenes if they're not there? As far as I remember, you don't actually see their cutscene.

THE JACKEL

03-02-2007, 07:11 AM

how do you get the scenes if they're not there? As far as I remember, you don't actually see their cutscene.

THE JACKAL

I'm not positive, but I think they run in once you beat him. Maybe it only works if you never get them back in the WoR at all? cause I know I definitely saw Cyan jumping on the switch and Gau throwing Celes down the "short cut."

Mirage
03-02-2007, 07:27 AM
The entire cast does indeed run in after you kill Kefka. You have to avoid getting them back in the WoR.

sockmonkey
03-02-2007, 05:02 PM

I don't think they were skimping when they left out their back stories.
Gogo is supposed to be mysterious and Umaro is a big hairy yeti. There really isn't much more you can say about him.