PDA

View Full Version : Quickenings

I Don't Need A Name
02-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Sorry if there is a thread on this, i couldnt find it, but how do you use the quickenings to get combos, because it doesnt say what buttons to press

LunarWeaver
02-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Quickenings are sort of a mixture of luck and reflexes. Your three characters will be mapped to Triangle, Square, and X, and one of their quickenings will be appear there. Hitting R2 "rolls" the Quickenings to either pop up others or try and get one to appear.

Basically, if its "grey", you have to keep hitting R2 until you get one. The more Quickenings you use, the less time you have to roll them and try and continue the chain.

You will also see "Mist Charge" appear. This is your chance to refill that character's MP so they can keep using their Quickenings. Generally, when you see Mist Charge, you want to hit that button twice very quickly, once to refill the MP and then again to use another Quickening (after a Mist Charge, one always appears and its never greyed out).

So basically: Keep chaining Quickenings together by hitting whichever buttons are lit up. If none are shown, hit R2 to get one to appear. When all your MP is gone, try and get Mist Charges. If no Mist Charge appears, keep hitting R2 until you get one. Then you just hope you at least get up to the 10 range-ish before the time runs out before you could pick another one, and if you're quite lucky you'll get some ungodly Chain number.

As for the special thing that happens after them, which one you get depends on how many you chain together and how many level 1, 2, and 3's you used or some crazy thing. I forget the rules of all that though =/.

Edit: I hope that's what you were asking and not about the extra hit afterwards, which I gave no help on at all :aimblush:.

I Don't Need A Name
02-28-2007, 07:35 PM
thanks alot! that explains alot!! :bigbiggri