PDA

View Full Version : Sick thread

fire_of_avalon
02-28-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm sick. And I don't like it. I have a fever and those glands under my chin are swollen. I wonder if they'll pop, sometimes. Then I try to stop thinking about parts of my body exploding.

What happens to you when you get sick? I mean something that never, ever fails to happen, no matter what kind of sick you are. For me, it's itchy eyeballs. I hate it so much. And I normally get the chills fairly easily. And you know, when it's your insides making you cold, nothing you do can help. I hate it so much.

What comforts you when you're sick? The only thing that comforts me when I'm sick is sleep and bitching. Soup works sometimes, but I'd rather just sleep until it goes away.

Are you a good patient or a bad patient? Before I started college, I'd never really been one to fall sick; when I WAS sick I felt like it was a pretty big deal. It still is. I'm very whiny, very clingy, and very moody.

Let's all be sick together. I wish I could inflict my pain on all of you. :(

Also, have I made one of these before? :O

~*~Celes~*~
02-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Typically when I'm seriously sick, I get achy, bad headaches, paleness, upset stomach, and tiredness. Fevers and swollen glands too. It stinks =[

Iceglow
02-28-2007, 11:32 PM
The thing that never fails to happen to me when I'm sick is me sleeping a hell of a lot, normally I'm up 20 out of 24 hours (as my mom lovingly pointed out to me as if I didn't know) and when sick I can be asleep for 20 out of 24 hours.

Tavrobel
02-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Not much. I wish I would die, but otherwise, I go about life the same as before. More bitching, maybe.

oddler
03-01-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm just getting over a sickness. I'm super whiny when my body is anything but perfectly healthy.

Does this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=74970) count? :O?

Rye
03-01-2007, 12:50 AM
I almost always get little red dots (not like chicken pox) on my skin when I'm sick. And reading in bed always makes me feel better. :]

Leeza
03-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Fatigue, chills and achiness. The only things that help are Nyquil and hot Port. And sitting in front of my fireplace. :cat:

kikimm
03-01-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm more irritable? :monster: I also get really bad headaches, right where my eyebrows are. Ugh.

I guess what comforts me is being here, really. If I'm talking to people, I don't notice it AS much, or it doesn't bother me as much. I wish I could read while sick, but I just get too annoyed.

Leen-Leen
03-01-2007, 02:01 AM
When I'm sick, I just feel so tired. And I think I always get a stuffy nose no matter what the sickness. :Oo: Usually I feel better when I just stay by myself and nobody bothers me. Because I'm just not in the mood to talk.

Fonzie
03-01-2007, 02:10 AM
Fatigue, chills and achiness. The only things that help are Nyquil and hot Port. And sitting in front of my fireplace. :cat:

Guess I'm coming over then :p

Jebus
03-01-2007, 02:19 AM
When I'm sick I'm tired all the time, my legs won't support me that well, and I get random pains running up my body.

That also happens when I just wake up. Yay.

fire_of_avalon
03-01-2007, 02:30 AM
I'm just getting over a sickness. I'm super whiny when my body is anything but perfectly healthy.

Does this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=74970) count? :O?

Haha, it makes me laugh that the second sentence in both that old thread about blisters and this thread are VERY similar.

I went to eat and I feel a little better now. My boyfriend also called me and let me complain and told me I was apathetically cute.

Xaven
03-01-2007, 02:39 AM
I just got over a minor illness. I'm glad it wasn't anything comparable to what I got last year--5 times in a row. Usually, my nose perpetually runs. I can't stand sitting or lying down, and standing up isn't nice either, so I'm always annoyed and unhappy.

Oh look. I remember that lovely signature and avatar set. I wonder if I'm still on foa's list.

Martyr
03-01-2007, 03:42 AM
When I'm sick, I hack green globs of mucous that, for an imaginative mind like mine, often form very interesting shapes when they hit the pavement.

My nose runs and dries up so every sneeze grates like sandpaper against my delicate nasal passages!

Also, I become sleepy, and my body really doesn't want to move.

But it rarely stops me. Last time I was so fatigued that I almost couldn't get out of bed.

Almost.

I also almost couldn't bear the workday.
HAHAHA! ow...

Lynx
03-01-2007, 03:48 AM
ever since i had pnuemonia when i was like 14 every time i get sick i black out if i sit up too fast or my eye site my get kinda crooked kinda hard to explain but it makes me dizzy. but whenever i ahve a soar throat or stuffy nose theres one magical cure and its not even medecine its halls they save my life :D

Araciel
03-01-2007, 04:18 AM
i JUST got over a bad bad virus sometime yesterday. when i'm sick i tend to think of myself as the most wretched creature, and so shun human contact, but if someone comes to my aid, i cling to them as though my life depended on it.

rubah
03-01-2007, 04:24 AM
THANKS FOA

Now I'm having some hardcore allergial action :(

Bahamut2000X
03-01-2007, 04:44 AM
I'm currently recovering from an ear infection, a sinus infection, and some various other ailments which I've been having for about a week or so on and off on some.

Bunny
03-01-2007, 12:42 PM
I am immune to disease.

Although I do currently have back pains and a headache.

fire_of_avalon
03-01-2007, 02:04 PM
THANKS FOA

Now I'm having some hardcore allergial action :(

You're welcome. ^_^

I thought I was better, til I woke up this morning. Yeesh.

Reles
03-01-2007, 04:29 PM
I get the cold probably twice a year. It usually starts out with sneezing and runny nose and once I get over that it ends in coughing. My fevers suck too, I'll feel like I'm burning up but I'll have the chills. I rarely ever get aches or any swelling anywhere. Though I've had it so bad where my lymph nodes swelled up and I was practically neckless.

Sleep fixes everything for me. And medicine, although I hate taking it.

Breine
03-01-2007, 08:07 PM
When I'm sick I'm usually not able to do anything other than just lie in bed and watch TV. For some reason I'm also never hungry when I'm ill, which often results in me eating very little for days. I'm really just like a carcass just lying there waiting to be eaten by wild animals or to rot.

Vikeve
03-01-2007, 08:21 PM
I get pains in random spots, I become extra tired, I don't normally take the bull that I usualy do, and I almost always lose or hurt my throat from talking when I shouldn't be.

Last year and the years before I never got sick. Maybe, a few colds that I would exagerate to get out of school, but thats about it. This year I have been catching colds like crazy. It sucks.:(

I hope you get better.:)

cloud_doll
03-01-2007, 08:52 PM
when i get sick i always just sleep all time...

McLovin'
03-01-2007, 09:11 PM
I just hate them runny noses.

Nightmares!