PDA

View Full Version : Sadness(Wii)

Khaotic
03-01-2007, 12:20 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadness_(video_game)

According to an interview with IGN[1], the game is meant to scare the player by atmosphere and not by bloodlust or violence. Various methods of playing include slitting the throat of enemies with glass or throwing a rope over a wall using the similar motion with the freehand controller. It was also said by the developer Nibris that the game will have a special way to save progress. This will happen automatically, at specific moments unknown to the players so it can keep the feeling of reality.

Unlike other third person games, Sadness will not make use of a heads up display to allow greater immersion.

Not too much about the game yet, but the little amount seems to be a pretty good game so far. It's supposed to be released June 1st(my birthday, although, since theres not even any gameplay footage, im guessing it won't be.) and I plan on getting it.

LunarWeaver
03-01-2007, 12:25 AM
My interest bubbles! I'll have to wait for more goods, though. But I love horror games, and going for atmosphere is a great road to take.

I can see their reasons for ditching a HUD, but all Resident Evil and Silent Hill games without "4" in the title did the same thing and it really was only annoying :-/. Although, I've never played the King Kong game,but I did hear that game had no display and it worked quite well, so =o...

Roto13
03-01-2007, 12:28 AM
If done properly, this game could be really awesome. I like the whole "immersion" effort.

Khaotic
03-01-2007, 12:29 AM
And for those who didn't see it, even though its in the first link:

http://www.wiitube.com/view_question.php?post_id=271&post_type=4

just a trailer of a person "playing" it, but its not actual gameplay footage, it just gives an idea of how it would be played, I guess.

LunarWeaver
03-01-2007, 12:35 AM
:hahaha: The trailer deal is on the cheesy side, but I get the general idea that it's going for. I want to cut someone's throat with a Wii controller now damnit.

I Took the Red Pill
03-01-2007, 01:58 AM
This has real potential.

Ryth
03-01-2007, 02:27 AM
Although, I've never played the King Kong game,but I did hear that game had no display and it worked quite well, so =o...

I've only played a demo of it, but from what I experienced it worked out rather well. So it is definitely possible they can pull this off.

The game sounds incredibly innovative, which is always up my alley. I like the whole immersion thing, but I hope they drop that random saving thing. It sounds like a good idea until you think about it more, and see how annoying that could possibly be. I do fear though, regardless of it staying away from using blood and gore for fear, it will get the infamous M rating. In which case I'll likely miss out on this title. :(

I am seriously excited to hear more information about this game, which says so much because I tend to despise horror with a passion.

kikimm
03-01-2007, 02:28 AM
It...makes me want to buy a Wii. That looks like it could be seriously terrifying. >=D

Although with the way that girl was moving the controller around, it also looks like it would be really confusing for me to play. I am kinda retarded. Hm.

EDIT: And oh right. The random saving thing is :skull::skull::skull::skull:. I would hate that so bad. Not cool!