PDA

View Full Version : FFTA References

Mittopotahis
03-01-2007, 04:24 AM
For those who don't know, Final Fantasy XII is set in the same world as Tactics Advance. Ivalice. For those who have played TA, what references from Tactics Advance have you found in XII? Obviously, things like Ivalice, Vieras and Bangaa etc go without saying. And if it involves a spoiler, make sure you tag it thanks.

Montblanc: FFXII - Leader of Clan Centurio.
FFTA - Main moogle character.

Nutsy: FFXII - A moogle I saw in Giza Plains.
FFTA - Default name for your clan.

Giza Plains is a place in both.

That's about all I've seen so far... What other references have you seen?

Wolf Kanno
03-01-2007, 07:31 AM
Technically it's set in FFT's Ivalice... but FFXII's Ivalice is based on FFTA's Ivalice...

But Famfrit was a Totema in FFTA as well as FFXII using the FFTA design of Ultima rather than FFT's version. I'll see if I can remember anymore later...

Bahamut2000X
03-01-2007, 07:37 AM
I can't check since my brother has my TA, but I could of sworn some of the city names from XII where taken from TA. Balfonheim and Rabanastre I'm about 79% sure were 2 taken, but I could just be going crazy.

Diango12
03-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Technically it's set in FFT's Ivalice

Actually its not thats more along the lines a fan Theory.

Cid- At the end credits when Cid is shown as a young man holding balthier as a baby its sort of remenicent of Cid-Mewt realationship. Cid looked much alike Cid of TA at the end credits.

Apart from the arabian theme thats all I can think of

Crossblades
03-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Don't forget Nono. He's Montblanc's brother in FFTA and an engineer for the Strahl in XII

McLovin'
03-01-2007, 05:19 PM
There are tons on Wikipedia...

Trance_Kuja
03-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Rabanastre theme - Remixed version of battle them from TA
Clan Centurio theme - Clan theme from TA

Renmiri
03-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Technically it's set in FFT's Ivalice... but FFXII's Ivalice is based on FFTA's Ivalice... .

I believe you are wrong, it is the same or a copy. FFTA's book generates the FFXII Ivalice as far as I know.

My Ultimania XII has at least 6 pages on FFTA's relation to FFXII
http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/thumb/800px-ScanImage128.jpg

Wolf Kanno
03-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Sorry about that, I worded that wrong. I meant FFTA was based on FFXII...:laughing:

I should really re-read my posts sometimes, especially early in the morning.

Renmiri
03-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Sorry about that, I worded that wrong. I meant FFTA was based on FFXII...:laughing:

I should really re-read my posts sometimes, especially early in the morning.
First time I pwn you :D

:love: Weeeeeeeeeee! :love:

vorpal blade
03-03-2007, 09:29 AM
I can't check since my brother has my TA, but I could of sworn some of the city names from XII where taken from TA. Balfonheim and Rabanastre I'm about 79% sure were 2 taken, but I could just be going crazy.

No, you're wrong about those. There are some shared names, (Salikawiood, Giza Plains and the term Jagd).

I don't need to mention that Judges appear in both games, do I? Or how about the fact that Cid is the head Judge in TA and a former Judfge magister in XII?

Mittopotahis
03-03-2007, 12:13 PM
I heard a brief mention of the Nu Mou when you receive your first esper. I'm not sure if they play a bigger role in the game quite yet, but they were a playable race in FFTA.