PDA

View Full Version : [not] StumbleUpon

rubah
03-01-2007, 04:32 AM
Have you ever run across something on the internet that was just so cool you couldn't really show your appreciation in mere words?

Today while trying to relook up sources for this dumb essay on shakespeare I was going to type up and fill out tonight but instead I had allergies and took a long shower that didn't help me to breathe any better but it was nice just lying down for a while, I found a song called Flowers for Ophelia by J. Englishman.

It's not an amazing song, but it's one of those ones that just kinda. . stick with you? It sounds deep. The song, not my words.

Let me rephrase my paragraph before last, I did'nt find the song, I found references to it and lyrics sites (albeit not many) It wasn't for sale on itunes, nor did soulseek show it, so I had no qualms whatsoever making Hsu hunt for it while I went on my watery sabbatical. I'm not sure what sources he used, but I'm glad he did. (P.S. RIAA, go after him, he pirated it first!)

Usually people don't appreciate the things I find on the internet that blow my mind, so I won't share the song with you, but I wish you would share details of neat things you've found that are just wow.

I Took the Red Pill
03-01-2007, 04:36 AM
Curtis and his damn Anti-Folk eventually led me to Jeff Lewis playing Williamsburg Will Oldham Horror Live (http://youtube.com/watch?v=N9oRI707Uok). I was blown away by the fingerpicking and rhythm of his song.

Martyr
03-01-2007, 04:37 AM
I saw a slug yesterday for the first time in ages.

Ages ago, my dad told me that it, the first slug I'd ever seen, was the "Missing Link."
I killed it, raging bastard against science that I am-

But the other day I saw another one, and I was like, "Duuuude...."

I let it live. I poked at it a minute, but it ddn't crawl on the twig I was poking it with so I left it alone.