PDA

View Full Version : Rest control of the riens of fate back into mans hand!

Diango12
03-01-2007, 05:53 AM
Warning Major end game spoilers! You've been warned...

What did you think of the theme for the game?

The story is similiar to the approach that was used in Final Fantasy 10, the hero's contending against the will of god for the better of human virtue. To protect those they love even if it means going against the heavens.

When the Occurian Venat rebelled against the notion that only his people (the gods) were fit to decide the course of Ivalice history, he made contact with Cid. Venat played to Cid's hunger for knowledge, leading him in a quest to end the Occuria monopoly on nethicite, a type of powerful "magickal" stone the Occuria gifted to mortals in exchange for obedience. In learning to "manufact" nethicite, the world could be free from the control of history's self-appointed stewards.

This to me is a noble effort, its apareant in the game that the Occuria (the gods) are the villians even though you end up fighting against Vayne who also has contempt for the Occuria. To me it seems Cid and Vayne share the same goals in trying to free the world rather then destory it like most classic antagonist's. But because of there subjagation of the kingdom of Dalamasca they were forced into the role.

I think it was even more evident of the theme of "going against the heavens" when vayne turned into his last form at the end which is very similiar to Ibilis or the "Shaitan"

Renmiri
03-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Yes, it was noble to a point. Too bad the "noble" guy was a psycopath that wanted to kill an entire city out of petty vengeance for them not liking him.

kurosaki_ichigo
03-24-2007, 08:43 PM
diango i totally agree with you but however the shaitaan is unseen to the human eye so its unlikely square enix based venat on him. Btw are you muslim?

Skyblade
03-27-2007, 01:55 AM
Is there some strange rule I don't know about that says that both sides can't be bad? Maybe both Vayne and the Occurians are bad, did you ever consider that? Just because one side is bad, that side's enemies are not necessarily good.

gudkid
03-27-2007, 04:00 PM
point there...
but is really a bit unclear now, isn't it? what if both sides are just psycopaths? with a bit of thinking they're good...
i think?

dragontamer
03-29-2007, 11:17 AM
prehaps it is a noble cause, but they dont care how many people -even there own- that they have to kill. that makes them 'evil' in my book.

Bolivar
03-29-2007, 11:00 PM
it almost seems like the main characters were disconnected from the actual story. In the big picture, Venat was manipulating Dalmascan elite to destroy occurian chains over mankind, whereas Vaan, Ashe, and Basch just wanted to protect Dalmasca.

Diango12
03-30-2007, 12:07 AM
^
Exactly this was more a drama between the Occuria and Venat. The main characters had no specific role in relation with the plot. But then again it doesn’t matter because like everyone else they were mere puppets and pawns in the Occuria bid for domination.

Btw are you muslim?
I've lived long enough to know better then to isolate myself into factions or religions. Am I Muslim? I may not be or then again I may be, in any case its beside the point and I do like to keep these things to myself. Good point about Ibilis though, you should know I'm an avid student of history and I studied many cultures and took reference from many religions in my studies. ^^