PDA

View Full Version : New FF Tactics PSP Details Announced

Crossblades
03-01-2007, 04:00 PM
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1083.html

Square Enix today revealed some new details regarding the PlayStation Portable version of Final Fantasy Tactics. According to producer Akitoshi Kawazu, the game's balance was deliberately left unchanged. Making use of the PlayStation Portable's wireless connectivity features, the development team has implemented a versus mode and cooperative play. These modes will offer certain exclusive features, such as special items and traps.
Final Fantasy Tactics: Shishi no Sensou will be available in Japan on May 10th for 4,800 yen ($40.08 US).

LoKuS
03-01-2007, 04:12 PM
I dont even have a PSP and will prolly buy this.

Dilly
03-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Yup Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War

Here's The Trailer...
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=30831

Too bad they still don't talk, text gets annoying after a while :)

VorpalCyberWolf
04-14-2007, 08:30 AM
I have been waiting for this for eons. I stated when PSPs first came out that I would only buy one if they remade FFT for it. Guess what I just bought on Ebay.

Proxy
04-23-2007, 04:57 AM
If the battle system is what it is from Tactics, I'm gonna buy one. If it isn't. I'm gonna take a dump on it.

Roogle
04-26-2007, 11:37 PM
The online support will be its shining feature if the developers spend a fruitful amount of time on it.

Proxy
04-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Wee looks to be the exact same as FFT. I'm buying one! =D

VorpalCyberWolf
05-04-2007, 06:13 PM
The party character limit is being enlarged. Thats awesome.

Edgar
05-07-2007, 05:31 AM
Wow, right on my birthday too :)

I must get it for the sake of cooperative play with my friends :D

.:kerrod:.
05-08-2007, 09:46 AM
well i can't wait for this game, however, i have recently been playing tactics and would like a few things changed, like: no permanent death for non-main characters...i hate it, no waiting time to use magic, aaaaaand i can't remember the rest, but these are the main two...anybody agree?

vorpal blade
05-08-2007, 10:17 AM
well i can't wait for this game, however, i have recently been playing tactics and would like a few things changed, like: no permanent death for non-main characters...i hate it, no waiting time to use magic, aaaaaand i can't remember the rest, but these are the main two...anybody agree?

I agree. The charge time for spells made them rather useless for me; I relied on a chemist (or a character with chemist skill+throw) for healing, and archers for long range attacks. Permanent death sucks noodles, causing me to restart so as not to lose my best characters. I'm also glad they're re-balancing certain aspects of the game (namely Cid) and adding more characters and classes (Balthier!)

05-08-2007, 12:24 PM
apologies for my ignorance, but what is 're-balancing'? And in response to that, i too restart my game OVER and OVER and bloody OVER to stop from losing my good people...

EDIT: forget about the 're-balancing' thing, im hip to your jive...im pickin up what you're puttin' down

joshua2412
05-10-2007, 04:51 PM
This may have been reported already, but according to the japanese trailers for the re-release not only will Balthier be in, but so will one of the main characters from FFTA-2.

Also, you can check out some of the dark knights attacks, which look pretty powerful.

Can't wait for this game to be re-released in the U.S. If i were in Japan i'd have it today :cry:

Black Mage
05-10-2007, 08:08 PM
I've had it preordered at Play-Asia, so it should be arriving fairly soon.

Unfortunately, there have been reports of it being an awful port. Nothing to get all upset about until we try it ourselves, but there's apparently issues with slow downs, and poor music and sound effect quality.

There's a video out there that shows some of the slow down.

Video: Final Fantasy Tactics Inferior On PSP (http://www.gamebrink.com/news/957-Final_Fantasy_Tactics_Inferior_On_PSP.html)

Some guy's quick review of it: RPGFan :: View topic - Final Fantasy Tactics PSP (http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2153)

05-11-2007, 12:04 PM
well, i dont like to brag or anything, but i have the japanese psp game XD im not too good at reviewing, but from what i can see so far, its pretty much the same as the ps1 version (besides the obvious changes). Havent got as far as balthier or any of the new classes yet, but its surprising how easy it is to play in japanese once you know what's going on. i've skipped all the cutscenes and not watched the new cell shaded ones (im saving that for the US/AUS release) but from what i saw, they look great. The game can get a little slow at times, but nothing to get upset about. Unfortunately the port brought the bad things with the good and there are still waiting times for magic/charge attacks, and permanent death. As i said before, i'm only on about my fourth battle, but feel free to ask me any questions about it and i will try to answer them :)

Some things are just stupid though, but they were present in the ps1 tactics as well, like how you cant hit a person with an arrow if your person is standing in front of them, i mean, i know its realistic, but come on, its FF for cryin out loud. I'd like to add that i LOVED the gba game...but thats a story for another day :)

This may have been reported already, but according to the japanese trailers for the re-release not only will Balthier be in, but so will one of the main characters from FFTA-2.

Also, you can check out some of the dark knights attacks, which look pretty powerful.

Can't wait for this game to be re-released in the U.S. If i were in Japan i'd have it today :cry:

You are correct, and this has been reported already :P the character from final fantasy tactics A2 (for DS) is Luso, whom i also havent come across yet...

Edit by Psychotic: Krod91, please don't double post. Use the edit/delete button if you have something else you'd like to bring to the discussion. Thank you!

joshua2412
05-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Krod,

Are the magic/sword technique animations as slow in your game as they are in the video clip posted by BlackMage?

Those are ridiculously slow...and could certainly hinder game play.

The Squenix trailers make it look smooth and fast, but they obviously have the ability to hoodwink us like that.

let me know.

Thanks

05-12-2007, 05:33 AM
Joshua, i'm afraid the sword abilities are that slow, and unfortunately, so are some abilities like 'throw stone' or even when firing an arrow (it gets a bit freezy when the target is hit and they 'shake', you'll know what i mean if you've played the ps1 version). Seeing as i have just been playing the ps1 version, this is extremely slow and could be an annoyance...this game has let me down a little, and i find myself enjoying the ps1 game more...and even the GBA tactics. I hate to put this game down but there aren't too many improvements...Perhaps its just that the psp can't handle this remake (which would be strange, seeing as im playing the ps1 version on my psp and it works great).

P.S. Sorry about the double-post, won't happen again

joshua2412
05-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Dang.

That is a huge bummer. I can deal with somethings in life, but huge slow downs is not one of them. The sword spell animations were so cool in the original. I would think the PSP would be more than capable of handling this game...i wonder what went wrong? Must be an emulation problem.

anyways, keep us posted on any GOOD sides of the re-release.

05-19-2007, 05:53 AM
will do...but hey, don't get dis-heartened (is that a word? :p) there's always the possiblility that this is just the first, crappy run off...maybe they'll fix it for the US/EUR/AUS releases...we can only hope