PDA

View Full Version : This sentence was typed without using backspace

Peegee
03-02-2007, 11:06 AM
How long acna you type without tmaking a typo? You can see some of mine already on ose!

Kuldian
03-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Hmm, I dunno .lets see how lnog I can go on wuthout using backspace.. I failed alrdy havent I?

The Mog Ninja
03-02-2007, 11:11 AM
okay ill start now, aha stupid backspace i lost to u but now that im retyping this i have beaten you but i am pushing my luck by continually typing unnecessiarally or wjatevr and now that ive typed so muych i have failed the est-i am STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kirobaito
03-02-2007, 11:23 AM
A long time.

Rye
03-02-2007, 11:27 AM
A decent amount of time. My typos ae (oh there's one) more of a result of me being really cold so my fingers are shaking, or me getting really excited and typing fast. xD

DK
03-02-2007, 11:29 AM
I reckon I could type for a fairly long time without having to use the backspace button. :monster:

You just have to be fairly cautious, though it helps if you're able to spell, too. Sometimes I fail at spelling so I have to use backspace just to spell properly :{ (hasn't happened so far in this post yet, though, so yay.)

I'll try typing as fast as I can now to see how long it'll take for me to have yto

there. :}

Peegee
03-02-2007, 11:44 AM
There's a definite oc orrealtion between typing sped and auccuracy

sometimes i dunno what i should be typing when i make mistakes

notice is toppped tring to capitalise.

haha is uck.

cloud_doll
03-02-2007, 12:55 PM
i can type pretty fast and not make much mistakes :) i think its probably because in class like two years ago they made us go on this one game thingy that we learned to type better. and if you could type fast and spell everything right in a certain amount of time then you got extra credit :D
whoosh, not a single mistake!

Drift
03-02-2007, 01:00 PM
PG fails!

Spammerman
03-02-2007, 01:02 PM
I have no idea, Im pretty good with typing but since I speedtype I usually make mistakes. its a wonder I havent screwed up this sentence already. I didnt use backspace, I used the left arrow key+shift+delete.

Bunny
03-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Can I use ctrl + a and then the delete key?

Most of my backspacing comes from a desire to type something differently rather than typos.

Little Blue
03-02-2007, 01:05 PM
I don't use the backspace button, I just highlight the offending typo and correct it :bigmsile:

Damn, my BS was going so well until I decided to typ as smillie :( And now its all gon to hell :cry:

Levian
03-02-2007, 01:08 PM
This is story about a girl named Luckyu something something and she cries cries cries in her lonely heart thinking "if there's nothing missing in my life, then why tod these traears come at night?"

And they say: "She's so luycky! She's a star!" but she cries criws cries in her lonely heart thinking: "if there's nothingmissing in my life then why dothese tears come at night?

I suck at typing AND I wrote Britney Spears lyrics. That's cool.

fire_of_avalon
03-02-2007, 01:19 PM
At my highest typing speed, I can go at least this long without using backspace or making types. Oops I lied.

Bunny
03-02-2007, 01:20 PM
This is story about a girl named Luckyu something something and she cries cries cries in her lonely heart thinking "if there's nothing missing in my life, then why tod these traears come at night?"

And they say: "She's so luycky! She's a star!" but she cries criws cries in her lonely heart thinking: "if there's nothingmissing in my life then why dothese tears come at night?

I suck at typing AND I wrote Britney Spears lyrics. That's cool.

NO EDIT IT BACK TO SAYING I BEAT YOU! DO IT NOW!!!

Levian
03-02-2007, 01:28 PM
You'd like that, huh? :mog:

Giga Guess
03-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Generally, I'm pretty good...however, when I'm tired, or in a hurry, my typing skills go to pot. Now see, here, I'm not backspacing...however, I *am* taking my time. :p

Mirage
03-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Tis is a test. as yo can see, my accuracy is pretty horrible. I always feel a need to double check my sentences both before and after I've posted them. Hey, can I use the delete button? Hah, I just used del to fix two typos in this last sentence.

Jowy
03-02-2007, 01:33 PM
I'd like to think I'm pretty accutare with my typing, oftrucrse everyone makes mistakes when trying to typse as fast aspossible!

...goddammit xD

Cz
03-02-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm not a great typer (or is that ypist?) and I'm used to making plenty of mistakes. Normally I recognise my errors and press the backspace key without really thinking about it, or just go back and fix it with a spell check program. A couple usually slip through the net, though. It doesn't hlp that the a key on this keyboard is pretty screwy, since I can hit the key and still nt have the character appear.

My typing is a lot more accurate when I look at the keyboard, which I suppose makes sense. I tend not to do that, however, which is why my posts are riddled with typos; at least until I notice them and edit.

Hm. Not bad at all. :D

Bunny
03-02-2007, 02:14 PM
I'd like to think I'm pretty accutare with my typing, oftrucrse everyone makes mistakes when trying to typse as fast aspossible!

...goddammit xD

What happened there?

Jowy
03-02-2007, 02:17 PM

...goddammit xD

What happened there?

I'd like to know myself.

ReloadPsi
03-02-2007, 02:19 PM
Well here oe- DAMN IT!

Oh well. I was gonna type something about how I was just fighting FFX's sanctuary keeper. He shot Photon Wings and inflicted a bunch of ailments I couldn't be arsed to cure, so I just summoned Bahamut instead.

Actually, if I put my mind to it I can type forever without using backspace. It's as simple as Shift+Left Arrow Key, followed by Del.

escobert
03-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Probably not very long. But you never know! I sxoiuld go forevcer. Or I could use teh backspace anf fool you all!

Rocket Edge
03-02-2007, 02:47 PM
The ballad od the Backspace

Thread created by pureghetto,
It's as fun as a bowl of jello,
I'll rhyme this accapelo,
While the lyric's remain mellow

This thread is a twelve year olds haven. :monocle:

Raistlin
03-02-2007, 02:53 PM
I can go a while, I think. Most of my typos are due to just trying to type way fast. I also have a tendency to randomly type a completely different word than what I'm thinking, which occasionally gives some of my sentences an interesting twist.

krissy makes thebest typos (oh, there's one for me).

Roto13
03-02-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm a pretty good typist so I don't make a whole lot of mistakes. However, unless I make a conscious effort, I can't ype (whoops) the word "figurine" without tying "figuring" first.

thegirth
03-02-2007, 02:57 PM
i would like to think that i am a good enogh tupist to not make so many mistaces but i guess i am not, i have beenovverating myslf lol

Endless
03-02-2007, 03:00 PM
i can type pretty fast and not make much mistakes :) i think its probably because in class like two years ago they made us go on this one game thingy that we learned to type better. and if you could type fast and spell everything right in a certain amount of time then you got extra credit :D
whoosh, not a single mistake!

Oh, the irony.

I can't usually type a lot before I start making typos, since I use the "look at the keyboard" method. Surprisingly, I didn't make any this time.

Fatal Impurity
03-02-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm a terrible typist but oh well tis life i suppose ...hmmm no mistakes as of wet...DOH!

abrojtm
03-02-2007, 03:24 PM
My job is based on pthe productivity of me typing, but I use backspace like crazy. I already have an error. However, my use of backspace is instinctual and I don't even know when I'm pressing it usually.

LunaNaelyan
03-02-2007, 03:27 PM
He is about to learn that the freedom he craves is not easiluy won, and that to realize his dreams, he must first realizs3 the drrmas of a nation.

^^ I'm even worse at typing than I thought...

Old Manus
03-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Now this is a story all about how my life got flip turned upside down and if you'd like to take a minute just sit right there, i'll tell you how i became the prince of a town called Bel-air In west philidelphia born and raised on the playground was where i spend most of my days, chillin' out max and all relaxin' all cool and all shootin' some b-ball outside of the school, when a couple of guys, they were up to no good, started makin' trouble in my neighbourhood, i got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said 'You're moving with your anutie and uncle in bel-air' I whistled for a cab, and when i t came near, the lisence plate saaid 'fresh' and it had dice in the mirror. I f anything, I could say that this car was rare, but i thought 'Nah, forget it, go home, to Bel-Air!' I pulled up tho the house about seven or eght and I yelled to the cabbe, go home, smell ya later!' I looked at my kingdom , I was finally there, to sit on my throne, now the prince of Bel-Air.

Not too bad :mog:

Fatal Impurity
03-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Now this is a story all about how my life got flip turned upside down and if you'd like to take a minute just sit right there, i'll tell you how i became the prince of a town called Bel-air In west philidelphia born and raised on the playground was where i spend most of my days, chillin' out max and all relaxin' all cool and all shootin' some b-ball outside of the school, when a couple of guys, they were up to no good, started makin' trouble in my neighbourhood, i got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said 'You're moving with your anutie and uncle in bel-air' I whistled for a cab, and when i t came near, the lisence plate saaid 'fresh' and it had dice in the mirror. I f anything, I could say that this car was rare, but i thought 'Nah, forget it, go home, to Bel-Air!' I pulled up tho the house about seven or eght and I yelled to the cabbe, go home, smell ya later!' I looked at my kingdom , I was finally there, to sit on my throne, now the prince of Bel-Air.

Nope not bad at all except for the disturbing fact that you know the lyrics of "Fresh prince of Bel Air" off by heart!

XxSephirothxX
03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
I instinctively tap the backspace key just about every three seconds, so I have to type pretty slowly and deliberately if I don't want to make a mistake. :p

Denmark
03-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Like abreojtm, my use of the backspace is instinctual. I usually make typos when bmy big fagt fingers hit other keys on their way thto the key i'm trying to hit (as in the first typo, abreojtm, where the e and r were hit near simultaneously) or when i try to type other weords liek with thto where wi wanted to type "to" but started to type "the" since that word is the one i type most starthing with the letter t, it's prett natural for me to go to the h right atrfter the t. my typols are very high in frequnecy as you can all playiinly see, this ius because my min d thinks afster than my fingers will type and something (or sometimes) they're needing to type oin word byt my mind is telling them to type the next word in the sentence so they get all confused, and sometimes i'm just thinking of the rfirst part of the word (as in the something sometimes confusinon up above) and my fingers just automatically type the words i use more frequently. so anyway, i make a lot of ytypos, and this is why the bakcspace key iws the second-mosthit key on my keyboard, after the aspace bar. :}

Old Manus
03-02-2007, 04:15 PM

Nope not bad at all except for the disturbing fact that you know the lyrics of "Fresh prince of Bel Air" off by heart!It is bad that you don't!

Bunny
03-02-2007, 04:18 PM
<s>Old Manus is my favorite member now.</s> This is why Old Manus has been my favorite member since the dawn of time.

I have noticed that when I actively try to not make any typos, I tend to make an outrageous amount of them. However, when I pay no notice to the typos that I make, I usually make a minimal amount, and those are usually attributed to my drawing a blank on how to spell a specific word.

My own ego and an unconscious habit of touching the backspace key whenever I perceive myself to have made a typo prevent me from actively taking part in this thread. Sorry duders.

Misfit
03-02-2007, 04:30 PM
After as many classes as I took, I damn well better be able to type this without any mistakes.

^^b

I usually mess up alot when I'm cold or tired. :3

Zeldy
03-02-2007, 04:30 PM

Nope not bad at all except for the disturbing fact that you know the lyrics of "Fresh prince of Bel Air" off by heart!

doesn't everyone?

I can go quite long without bbackspace, Oh bugger :(
Usually I just miss words out though. or a sentence won't make asence, or wrong puncatuation etc. Man igts hard not uysing BACKSPACE :( :(

I Took the Red Pill
03-02-2007, 04:55 PM
I make alot fo typos but I try to fix them pretty quicklly. It's a good way to cover yuor tracks.

Dreddz
03-02-2007, 04:59 PM
My keryboarefd is berokern so I havcre to ererly on bavckspacver. Ore plug in anothreer keryboarefd with a USB.

Chloe.
03-02-2007, 04:59 PM
I always make lots of typos. So backspacxe is my favoritye button on the keyboard. xD

Wow that wasn;'t too bad.

lol

themagicroundabout
03-02-2007, 05:08 PM
I typoe guiqt a lot. :sad:

Agent Proto
03-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Ok, aim going to type without correcting any misatakes i make. heh. already noticed a ocouple. usually i type too faset and press the wrong button by mistake. god, this is annyoing. >_<

fire_of_avalon
03-02-2007, 05:27 PM
I can go a while, I think. Most of my typos are due to just trying to type way fast. I also have a tendency to randomly type a completely different word than what I'm thinking, which occasionally gives some of my sentences an interesting twist.

krissy makes thebest typos (oh, there's one for me).

For some reason in typing as well as writing, I have a tendency to switch my ps and bs, but only if they come at the beginning of a word. But I've also done the thing where I type something completely random. xD

Dagga
03-02-2007, 05:36 PM
i can type a lot without mistakes or usually I type everything then do a spell-check at the end..

Peegee
03-02-2007, 05:43 PM
BTW I mean any sort of retyping of what youtyped wrong. Like holding shift and hitting left arrow or using left arrow and hitting delete key.

Wow that was pretty accurate ^_^

Peter_20
03-02-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm writing this sentence incredibly fast right now, so I'll probably just make some huge mega-huge mistake or something, or sleslse I'll just bla-bla-bla-b, hahahaha, this post has turned itnto total crap alreay. XD

This ir is funny, I really neeed to practice on this crap.
So long everyone, because I'm about to make even mopre stupied misspellings and whatnotr if this keeps up.

LOL to this post!

Owen Macwere
03-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Obviously, I can write really well without using backspace and with a (here's one -.-) my usual speed.

Peter_20
03-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Let's give this crap tyeyet antoher try; ioh dear this has really booglewdm my mind fgor quite a while right, nwo , but I imporv,e don't i?

guess not...

IOh weell, thyis is so sucky, I'll just get outta here and start using vbackspace or whatever eountil it vrerbreaks out of what the hell was I writing just now?!

QWowowowowowowowo, this sucks, I suck at this stuff.

Madame Adequate
03-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Well, let's find out here. I'll stype until I make some typos, and just ramble on for a couple of sentences about nothing in particular while we see what happesn.

It's actually kind of hard not to hit backspace, it's sort of instinctual. In fact, this is highlighting that I make more mistakes than I generally think I do, because when I make them here I have to catch myself before I delete the error and correct it; something which is normally an unconcious process.

Still, it doesn't look like I'm making too many errors. but who knows it that's because I really typoe quite well, or because I', paying more attnetion than I generally do because of the nature of the thread.

Wow, that last paragraph was actually pretty bad :*

Masamunemaster
03-02-2007, 06:26 PM
it isn't really hard to type real fast and not make a mistake you just have to know what you are doing

McLovin'
03-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Oh coem on how east is this. Its so freaking east. Heus chrst i hate thasis.

Its hard. Damn this. DAMH THIS!

Owen Macwere
03-02-2007, 06:30 PM
It is easy, magus. just give it a second try and you'll get it. ;]

Edit: Crap I forgot to capitalize the 'm' and 'j' and worse of all I called you MAGUS!! Oh the shame!

Diango12
03-02-2007, 06:41 PM
How long acna you type without tmaking a typo?

What on fgods aearth tare you talkjing abiout man?

Bunny
03-02-2007, 06:46 PM
it isn't really hard to type real fast and not make a mistake you just have to know what you are doing

You didn't capitalize or use puncuation. This is a mistake.

Mirage
03-02-2007, 07:01 PM
You didn't spell "punctuation " correctly. This is a mistake. And I messed up a space. :(

Bunny
03-02-2007, 07:06 PM
You didn't spell "punctuation " correctly. This is a mistake. And I messed up a space. :(

THAT IS A MISTAKE

Also, the only reason I pointed that out is because he made it seem like he was above mistakes. I did no such thing. I was just pointing things out!

I missed the j in "just" but I backspaced before I could stop myself. Oopsies!

Remon
03-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Let;s see haw well i type withour iseng bacjspace,]
Pretty bad hug :D

PyroManiak
03-02-2007, 07:30 PM
I hardly use it cuz most of my typos are usually on purpose..or a habit of how I write...usually when I use backspace its because I said something so retarded or stupid I'd rather not type it..or its bannable...and grammar aswell..but hardly ever typos

Madonna
03-02-2007, 07:45 PM
I do not think that krissy so much typos as he just goes for the message he intends to give, regardless of grammar, spelling, punctuation. I do not think that I have seen an occasion that ever made me think that krissy has reached for the backspace key.

I do not believe that there is a correlation between speed and accuracy, so much as there is a correlation between a lack of practice, not knowing your limits, and not thinking through one's sentences more carefully as one goes. If you know about how fast you can go, you can easily go that speed and make very few mistakes, and even speed up just a tad more and most things will be alright. However, when you just decide that you have to get your words out all at once in that split second, you will definitely see a slew of mistakesas one's fingers lyy over the kyeboard in a mdad rush to get thigns done anv over with.

Lost Number
03-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Me, without backspace? I'd doomed. err, i'm. Backspace and its cousin delete are our saviors.

Vikeve
03-02-2007, 08:21 PM
I probably wouldn't last very long at all. Especially on AIM when I get excited and start tryping very fast. Even now I'm not that excited and I already have made a few trypos.:( But going back to backspace doesn't take that muich time.

Xaven
03-03-2007, 12:37 AM
I do not think that krissy so much typos as he just goes for the message he intends to give, regardless of grammar, spelling, punctuation. I do not think that I have seen an occasion that ever made me think that krissy has reached for the backspace key.

I do not believe that there is a correlation between speed and accuracy, so much as there is a correlation between a lack of practice, not knowing your limits, and not thinking through one's sentences more carefully as one goes. If you know about how fast you can go, you can easily go that speed and make very few mistakes, and even speed up just a tad more and most things will be alright. However, when you just decide that you have to get your words out all at once in that split second, you will definitely see a slew of mistakesas one's fingers lyy over the kyeboard in a mdad rush to get thigns done anv over with.
I speak in my head as I type, commas and all. :o

I instinctively tap the backspace key just about every three seconds, so I have to type pretty slowly and deliberately if I don't want to make a mistake. :p
No kidding. You don't know how hard it is to type without the bakspace key at tyimes. Ah, I just used it. This is so diffictult.

Here, I'll type with my eyes closed, but still use the backspace key. Much better if I do say so myself. Well, mostly much better.

Rocket Edge
03-03-2007, 12:46 AM
klashukd qwkhefklwq 1l2jbfkcdsa

oddler
03-03-2007, 12:52 AM
I don't know. Let's find out. I don't really know what to type but I guess I'll just keep going until I freak out or screw up. Poop. I haev Okay. There you go.

Iceglow
03-03-2007, 01:03 AM
my typing at like 1am is never the best thing in the world but so far touch wood I haven't touched the backspace keey bah I just messed up for the first time but lets see if I can avoid it again in as many sentences or lines. My grammar when typing without the backspace is awful too I'm sure that you've noticed.

yanis
03-03-2007, 01:09 AM
I don't use bakcspace buttton, Iuse ctrl+z!!!!

StarlightAngel
03-03-2007, 01:12 AM
It depends. Sometimes I start screwing m up big time (haha, random m there).

rubah
03-03-2007, 01:14 AM
If I type at a reasonalbe speed and in a proper position for typing I can type a long time without a typo because I type properly, however at this moment I am sitting slouched with only about eight fingers typing (very cslowly troo) because I am eating chips and try to keep my keyboard clean so I don't typw with my fingers that have funny weird food on it.

(also I like to change my thoughts in myidword so then I wnd up with words like the abovre)

KentaRawr!
03-03-2007, 01:02 PM
I almost never make typos. Let's see how long this message goes without any typos at all! Of course, I might just hit back-space so fast, you just don't SEE the typo! But I type so fa-

DING DING DING!

I can type that much without a typo.

Alive-Cat
03-03-2007, 01:38 PM
A magic man can type using only backspace.

Quindiana Jones
03-03-2007, 05:47 PM
I'll write five sentences with no backspace. Not inclusding that one. Or that one....actually. screw it. I'll stoop typing ehwhen I feel like it. OK I'm done. Later lkids.

Damn I made more than I expected myself to make.

Leen-Leen
03-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Blah blah blah. I can type pretty fast, and because of that sometimes I make mistakes. I don't look at the keyboard much anymore, so that's probably why I make typos every so often. Hmm ... I wonder how long this sentence is going to go. I'm running out of sentences to type. It's really boring me now. I fele like I should just stop now.

Oh, well, whaddya know.

Samuraid
03-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Eyes on final fantasy is a great forum. If I am not rushing and not overly tired, I can type pretty accurately for a while. MAybe aroud....nope, there's one. :rolleyes2

aquatius
03-03-2007, 07:50 PM
I think I can type for quite a while without making a mistake, conmsidering
I did touch typiong it isn't that good a nyway.

YTDN
03-03-2007, 09:28 PM
I can type pretty well without ysing backspace. It's actyually pretty easy. I just stare at the keybaord.

DAMN IT! It's really hard to resits the eurge to hit backspace. I keep on pressing thje wrong butrtons.

Damn, six typos already! I guess I'll have to practise.

~*~Celes~*~
03-03-2007, 10:29 PM
I dunno, let's see how far I can go. I'm a pretty decent typer, not maky mistakes...except that one >.> It's rara though...Uusally >.>

Anno Domini
03-05-2007, 03:07 PM
lihvg

GAAH!!! I HAVE FAILED BEFORE I BEGAM!

Bunny
03-05-2007, 03:32 PM
I can type pretty well without ysing backspace. It's actyually pretty easy. I just stare at the keybaord.

DAMN IT! It's really hard to resits the eurge to hit backspace. I keep on pressing thje wrong butrtons.

Damn, six typos already! I guess I'll have to practise.

I move to make "butrtons" an actual word. It shall replace the trite "buttons" by definition and extend its meaning to include "totally freaking awesome".

Do I have a second?

Savern Volaco
03-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Typos I do belive I type bad on purpose for one reason to not make others feel inadequate. I try to tpe bad so I can stop typing from which I usually ramble on and on, from which if a person says to you "I am a compulsive lair" is he to be telling the truth for which he would be under which he wouldent be a lair for telling you the truth, and which in causes a head ache.
I did not use the back space or control what ever.(not bad...I must not need to practice much)

Ko Ko
03-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Alright lets see here. If I type really slow perhaps I can get it.
Once upon a time there was a cute little fox. It ate peas for a living. In fact it aste so many peas it blew up and died because over over pea exposuer.

I failed.

No.78
03-05-2007, 06:48 PM
This should be fun, lets nseee now, its ahrd not to push backspacelol. Ahhh!!!! This is really frustatraing... Lol, frustatraing.
I'm alright at touch typing I must say, yes I am in fatc just rambling to see how mnay mistakes imaske.
So far... Six whole mistakes!!! How wodnwerful. Ahhh!!!!!! *cries*... *dies(

[ BEGAM!

This word is awesome