PDA

View Full Version : Why did I buy this game?

Light Mage
03-02-2007, 11:29 AM
I'm USELESS at shooting games... although I expected it to be good as it's a Square game.

Well it would be better if I was any good at it! :rolleyes2

LunaNaelyan
03-02-2007, 11:58 AM
I definitely know what you mean, I'm also useless at shooters these days, I've gotten way too used to RPGs. The only advice I have is to keep practicing, the worst that'll happen is that you'll die a few funny deaths and throw your controller at the wall, making a dent (although that might've been just me... :erm:). You'll get used to gameplay soon enough.

McLovin'
03-02-2007, 06:36 PM
You need to be more skilled like moi. :p

Mirage
03-02-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm USELESS at shooting games... although I expected it to be good as it's a Square game.

Because it had "Final Fantasy" in the title, and you are a fanboy.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

Light Mage
03-02-2007, 09:15 PM

Because it had "Final Fantasy" in the title, and you are a fanboy.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

I know. It's because it had "Final Fantasy VII" in the title...

However, if it had been a game based on a gadening sim titled "Final Fantasy VII - Aerith's Garden" I would have had a fanboygasm.

Fatal Impurity
03-02-2007, 11:26 PM
i have a fanboygsam at her aperance in FF:AC *drool*

LunarWeaver
03-03-2007, 07:38 AM
I rented it for Vincent's shoes, maybe you bought it for the same reason?

Just turn on the auto-lock thing like I did and hit R1. It's boring, but at least you feel more skilled than you are.

The Mog Ninja
03-03-2007, 09:20 AM
auto...lock?

Mirage
03-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Also known as legitimate cheating.

Nominus Experse
03-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Sqeenix realized that it was going to have to hold the hands of many, and so they implemented a system that allows one's reticle to be in some random corner of the screen - and yet still the player can hit enemies in their torso without any problem. An exaggeration, of course, but this game's auto-lock on "feature" was the most extreme version I have yet to see.

If you use the auto-lock on feature, you fucking suck.

Zeromus_X
03-03-2007, 07:54 PM
I only played it for the sole purpose of Cait Sith as a playable character. :p

Besides that, I guess it was pretty fun and I liked the expansion of FFVII's story. I do think the game was kinda difficult though, but I don't play shooters anyway.

...There's an auto-lock? :(

Light Mage
03-04-2007, 01:16 AM
Sqeenix realized that it was going to have to hold the hands of many, and so they implemented a system that allows one's reticle to be in some random corner of the screen - and yet still the player can hit enemies in their torso without any problem. An exaggeration, of course, but this game's auto-lock on "feature" was the most extreme version I have yet to see.

If you use the auto-lock on feature, you smurfing suck.

Even WITH the auto-lock on feature, I still suck at this game! I just don't play shooters... :rolleyes2

Ko Ko
03-04-2007, 08:57 PM
I bought it because Vincent Valentine is very nimble and can perform a lot of nice tricks. Also I like to see him do them. Is this strange?

chrisfffan
03-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Vincent Valentines character is so good if they done a spin off of Barett or Yuffie I wouldn’t of bought it.

Light Mage
03-04-2007, 09:54 PM
Vincent was never my favourite character, but Final Fantasy VII is one of my all-time favourite games of all time.

Saying that, if it had been a game that was a spin off with Aeris, I'd have done anything (including the game's Store Manager) to get a copy!

I'm *such* an Aeris fanboy... did I already mention that already?

:tongue:

Ko Ko
03-05-2007, 02:07 AM
I am sad now I played it some more. =( It's not RPG style at all.

The Mog Ninja
03-05-2007, 03:22 AM
u bought it cuz u wanted to waste 30 minutes of ur life playing a terrible game

Holy Lancer
03-16-2007, 05:38 PM
This game is easy. I'm currently beating it again on ExHard Mode and I'm not having any problems.

Darth Anarcus
03-16-2007, 05:55 PM
It's not that bad. It may not be fantastic, but it's still an okay game in my opinion. I think a lot of it has to do with people expecting it to live up to FF7. They have to realize that it doesn't have to. It's a spin-off, not a direct sequel. A sequel would have to be another RPG. DOC is just a fun freshing out of Vincent's back story as well as further development of his character. Because, let's face it, as an optional character in FF7 that was just tacked on at the last minute and really wasn't given too much exposure. Yet, he was somehow popular with most fans, so they felt that exploring his character more would be a good idea.

I mean, don't get me wrong. It still wasn't all it was hyped up to be. But I've still got to give credit where credit is due.

Goldenboko
03-17-2007, 05:56 PM

Because you read VII

abrojtm
03-17-2007, 08:11 PM
I don't know why you bought it... it was definitely a renter.

xtrava
03-18-2007, 03:51 AM
I personally stay away from "spin-offs" unless it was reviewed to be truly awesome, so I didnt buy or even rent this...In fact I've only ever seen screenshots of it. I didnt even buy/rent/play FFX-2 and many consider that to be a really good game.

Setzer Gabianni
03-18-2007, 09:21 AM
It's ok. I went through so far and did not use any materia. Useless eh? However, I have no desire to borrow the game and complete it.

Northcrest
03-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Well I got this cause I like FFVII. Plus I've beaten the game without the Ultima Weapon or the Golden Moogle which I really need.

Darth Anarcus
03-18-2007, 06:26 PM
In fact I've only ever seen screenshots of it. I didnt even buy/rent/play FFX-2 and many consider that to be a really good game.
Really? Who?

Fatal Impurity
03-19-2007, 02:00 PM
In fact I've only ever seen screenshots of it. I didnt even buy/rent/play FFX-2 and many consider that to be a really good game.
Really? Who?

The FF10-2 fanboy forum obviously! Jeez! :rolleyes2 :D

The Mog Ninja
03-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Really? Who?

Me.

Darth Anarcus
03-20-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that.

Fatal Impurity
03-21-2007, 01:18 AM
Really? Who?

Me.

You have my greatest sympathies...my thoughts go with you. :(

stalpho slayer
03-28-2007, 05:02 PM
You need to be more skilled like moi. :p

skilled ya right i'll blieve it when i see it:laughing:

Markus. D
03-31-2007, 02:10 AM
it doesn't really require any skill.

the shooting mechanics are based on stats, weapon type etc [even manually aiming will result in misses if your dex or hit or whatever is low].

if you feel unskilled. Select Normal mode. and choose to level up until you feel content. and use acc that will allow for better hit chance at whatever range.